Welcome to the crab pot!

Options
abjake55
abjake55 Posts: 11 Member
At work it has become obvious that I am back on program, and it seems that the universe, or at least most of my colleagues, are conspiring to way lay me. Last night, my boss brought in a box of Tim Horton's doughnuts, loaded with sprinkles, and all the things that would throw insulin through the roof. He actually tried to push them on me... It seems that they don't want one to become healthy, and would rather we stay like them.

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Teem Orton! Was it the doughnut holes? Those used to be the only reason I'd travel to Canada. :)

It's fun to freak out cow-orkers. I'd go to Chipotle and just order a side of guac. Jaws would drop as I ate it with a spoon. :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    Teem Orton! Was it the doughnut holes? Those used to be the only reason I'd travel to Canada. :)

It's fun to freak out cow-orkers. I'd go to Chipotle and just order a side of guac. Jaws would drop as I ate it with a spoon. :)

Dang it, I love me some guac! Now I need to go to chipotle!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options

I absolutely do that with guac. I'll have them give me a side of barbacoa and just mush it all together.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I sit at my desk and make rollups of ham and cheese with olives in the middle. Snack on spoonfuls of peanut butter straight from the jar. My coworkers have gotten used to it. But they still offer me sweet stuff, which I occasionally indulge in. Today it was little bites of stollen from Germany....
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I would have eaten the guacamole. Just keep some pork rinds in your desk for dipping. :)
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I usually find that if I read the list of ingredients it will take away any and all temptation. I also have a mantra of "that will not get me to my goal"...
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Geez, my family does this to me at home. Who needs evil co-workers when you have family? :lol:
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    dldoddy wrote: »
    I usually find that if I read the list of ingredients it will take away any and all temptation. I also have a mantra of "that will not get me to my goal"...

I do that. The label-reading is a habit for me, now, so I do it all the time, but it's especially noticeable when I'm like "I want [insert crap food here]." I habitually look at the label and start seeing all the crap in it and am just like "nope" and put it back. If I want that that badly, I'll make it to ensure I'm at least using quality ingredients (or, in the case of ice cream, shell out the $5 for a couple small scoops from the local chain that uses local, grass fed dairy and other real ingredients).

What? No Timmy's in your area? They're all over here, and I'm a good 6 hours away from the border (to be fair, it's that long, because there's a lake between here and Toronto; if there was a bridge, it'd be more like 3 hours, but still).

I don't do the guac thing (I'm not an avocado fan), but I've done similar things with cream cheese. At my old job, whenever we'd have a bunch of bagels from Panera or wheverever, I'd swipe the leftover cream cheese bowls (particularly the plain ones, though I might indulge a little in the strawberry) and eat it straight. Oh, the looks!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    dldoddy wrote: »

I do that. The label-reading is a habit for me, now, so I do it all the time, but it's especially noticeable when I'm like "I want [insert crap food here]." I habitually look at the label and start seeing all the crap in it and am just like "nope" and put it back. If I want that that badly, I'll make it to ensure I'm at least using quality ingredients (or, in the case of ice cream, shell out the $5 for a couple small scoops from the local chain that uses local, grass fed dairy and other real ingredients).

What? No Timmy's in your area? They're all over here, and I'm a good 6 hours away from the border (to be fair, it's that long, because there's a lake between here and Toronto; if there was a bridge, it'd be more like 3 hours, but still).

I don't do the guac thing (I'm not an avocado fan), but I've done similar things with cream cheese. At my old job, whenever we'd have a bunch of bagels from Panera or wheverever, I'd swipe the leftover cream cheese bowls (particularly the plain ones, though I might indulge a little in the strawberry) and eat it straight. Oh, the looks!

Yummmm....cream cheese....
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm actually the one who sabotages my "cow-workers!" [Love that]
    My wife loves to bake but we don't want to keep the stuff at home, so I bring it to work. As long as I am "in the zone" then I am not overly tempted to eat any of it. Last weekend she made her brownies and the smell in the house nearly drove me insane. Still, I didn't eat any so that's good.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    daylitemag wrote: »
    I'm actually the one who sabotages my "cow-workers!" [Love that]
    My wife loves to bake but we don't want to keep the stuff at home, so I bring it to work. As long as I am "in the zone" then I am not overly tempted to eat any of it. Last weekend she made her brownies and the smell in the house nearly drove me insane. Still, I didn't eat any so that's good.

That is truly an impressive feat. I think that smell rather than the brownies themselves may be my kryptonite
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    @daylitemag did you know you that your wife (or you) can make some pretty tasty brownies using Carbquick? They have recipes on their site. I just ate a chunk of zucchini bread made with it and it fits in my diet if I don't eat more than a couple of slices. I did try some of the 60 second flax muffin and put in some cocoa powder. It would have around 4 carbs in it and lots of healthy fiber. Should I tell you about when I halved the ground flax powder, put in some cocoa and unsweetened shredded coconut? Oh man... made that brownie craving much nicer :)
  • reeree0406
    reeree0406 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My co-worker who introduced me to this WOE now taunts me when I say no to donuts, goodies, etc.