Day two-sday

Options

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Whew! I made it through last night! Have been AF since Sunday. Can't wait til Friday :smiley:
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sober since Saturday :) lately I have been so hungry that I've needed all of my calories for actual food tho lol
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Went to see a friend's new home last night, had 3 glasses of wine. Their home is GORGEOUS! So jelz. They have a fantastic fireplace that is double sided and has a great hearth built for sitting. And drinking 3 glasses of wine o:)
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I totally thought it was Wednesday.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Hahah! Nope, it's Tuesday! Enjoying a kale Caesar salad and gnocchi with cauliflower and Gorgonzola. This dinner is rich enough that I don't need to add more calories in the form of wine. Fizzy water it is. Happy Tuesday all.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Sounds nutriotionaly dense tho!!
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My husband came home from a 10 day business trip last night and brought nice bottle of red - I had one glass and he drank the rest :|
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Good for you. Sober "reuniting list better anyhow!! ;)
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    I meant "reuniting" is better sober
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    SO.....what's everyone's plans to handle wed, thurs and fri w/ out throwing in the towel....when my SO isn't working I have very little self control I'm afraid....
  • AJMB704
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Oh, I'll throw in the towel, but still try to at least be mindful about it. My goal is to not drink alcohol tonight and then enjoy a bottle of wine with my husband tomorrow while we cook dinner/thanksgiving prep. And then Thursday it's ON like donkey kong. :D

Since it's a short week for me I figured I will enjoy the holiday thoroughly this week/weekend and get back on track Sunday. I will still check in and let you know how bad the damage is...!

We currently have 7 bottles of wine on our kitchen table waiting to be put in the fridge for Thursday. Friends will bring more. Oh and did I mention only 5 people will be drinking?
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Really want a drink tonight but gonna hang in there till tomorrow... Then will probably enjoy some wine over the long weekend
  • TriniDiva_PA
    TriniDiva_PA Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well, I was doing pretty good staying AF during the week. I thought I could at least make it til Wednesday this week. I got home from the gym, SO (who is on vaca all this week), popped the top on a beer and the rest as they say is history. I am now going to rescue some wine from inside a bottle >:)
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Well, I was doing pretty good staying AF during the week. I thought I could at least make it til Wednesday this week. I got home from the gym, SO (who is on vaca all this week), popped the top on a beer and the rest as they say is history. I am now going to rescue some wine from inside a bottle >:)

Haha! I had every intention too. And I got home and my husband bought a large bottle of stout. We are currently sharing it. Oops? At least it's less than a pint and I won't drink after this. Will be done for the night!
  • lizwooshy
    Options
    Honestly I plan on drinking thursday. And possibly friday. But alcohol free tonight and yesterday!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Towel throwin at 3 pm today. Going to see my bestie (since we were five) that I only see every few months. My SO will have to pick me up. Oh and I'm going to @AJMB704 s for t-day. Lol
  • AJMB704
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Fun @elizabethymartin! Enjoy! I am ready to open some wine now (it's 12:45 pm here) because I'm cooking for thanksgiving. I just attempted some mini quiches and they look like GIANT failures. We will see. Not quite shaping up like the picture at all...anyway, we only have 1 bottle ready to go and I really must wait for my husband so I'll refrain and drink fizzy water instead.

Next up is sugar cream pie (also known as Hoosier pie). It's an Indiana specialty and I use my grandma's recipe - it basically tastes like pecan pie without the pecans. It makes 2 pies and you can't halve the recipe so I rarely make it, maybe once a year. A friend requested it and my husband and I both adore it so I'm making it for thanksgiving. It's my very favorite dessert!
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is over here but it's my husbands birthday tomorrow and we both have Friday off so I will probably start my weekend on Thursday. Going to try and keep it to two drinks max per day though! Happy Thanksgiving!!
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Tuesday, no booze day...

Sparkling water and a burrito bowl tonight. It's a lot of food for not a ton of calories. The pie is all gone and we don't have any other sugar in the house, thank goodness. It always takes a few days for me to stop craving sugar once I eat it. I might get in the tub so I don't have access to the kitchen...
  • lizwooshy
    Options
    AF tonight!