Never feel full.

Options
When I eat I don't feel full unless I eat a lot of one thing.Then I feel bad.

Replies

• Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have felt that way many times.
    I have managed to change my thinking around this stuff slowly over the last couple of years.
    For a very long time (I am 56) I chose overeating as an emotional coping behaviour.
    I did eventually make a decision to stop overeating. I had stretches of success - 6 months here, 5 months there and I just kept on trying to stop.
    Now I have over 2 years of not overeating.
    Feeling over full now is a signal that I have eaten too much food in one go and I dislike it intensely.
    Its possible to change. It requires help from other people as well.
    I use MFP to record all my food because to start with I didn't really understand how much was enough.
    I started exercising because I truly desired to be healthier (not because someone said it would be a good idea, I wanted to feel better in my own skin).
    I also use emotional supports outside of MFP ( I go to OA, which works for me, I don't try and endorse it for others, its a personal choice).
    Really though I finally reached a point where I wanted something more than the food.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I also always feel hungry. I sm not sure if it is physical from low calories or emotional from years of stuffing my emotions by excessive overeating. But i also feel hungry. Ive managed to lose alot of weight by making the decision to accept that fact and live with it. But I still feel unsatiated even right after eating and at all times. I really don't know what to do about it. Currently, i would rather be thin than eat, so I manage to stay within my diet plan regardless of my feeling hungry. I dont know what it would take for me to feel satiated. I expect i would just regain all my weight.
  • Tararenee3913
    Tararenee3913 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've had those days. I still have them. Sometimes it is hormonal, and sometimes its because I'm not dealing with my emotions. I have to work really hard to be mindful of my food and my feelings.
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I feel like that all the time and I wish I knew how to curve the cravings, even right after I eat. Sometimes, it takes everything I have to leave the kitchen and go make my mind focus on something else. It's hard. It sounds silly, but I know realistically I have to let what I just ate digest. Sometimes I just feel like the signals to my brain that I should stop eating or I'm full are just majorly slow.
  • kristy31280
    kristy31280 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking lots of water.
    Pick your favorite fruit or veggie to snack on before eating main course. ...salad act
    That way the correct portion is satisfying and the veg/fruit helps digest everything
    This is helping me
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, absolutely. I drink 100+ oz of water a day, try to eat better, but I always feel hungry. I eat 3 meals a day and 2 small snacks. I will occasionally have a binge and yes, inevitably, I feel horrible afterward. I eat more when I'm upset.
  • heyjude2014j
    heyjude2014j Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When I eat low carb high-fat it definitely helps me to feel full. Maybe look into that?
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I think we all know this feeling. Sometimes I still give in, but I've learned also to just force myself to moderate at least during the work day by pre-packing my portions in my ice box for the day. If I only have 10 crackers in my bag, that's all I can have! As I've lost weight It's gotten easier and easier.
  • malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling well.. the worst is when I'm at a friends or some families house and we share a meal and i still don't feel satisfied or full after it. I can't wait to go home and eat the way I like to eat .. sad but true.. now I try to just observe that feeling, I use food as a coping tool , i am motivated by food and obsess about it.. even if its a focus on healthy food. I try to eat tones of fibre full veggie to get that full feeling.. huge salads if I have to.. because if its not veggies I can treat a chocolate bar and chips the same way.. or make it to the pub... glad we have a place to admit it !
  • ladycclear
    ladycclear Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Oh sooooo true. Full isn't in my repertoire of feelings lately.
    It's sad that after eating fairly clean for over a month, I sorta miss that binge-y sickness tummy feeling, isn't it?
    But I will be persistent in my commitment to my health and a few simple rules about my food.
    The mantra: "I control what goes in my mouth." is helping me.
    Friend requests welcome. It's a journey better with those who understand.
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    ladycclear wrote: »
    The mantra: "I control what goes in my mouth." is helping me.

I tried that mantra just now when I read it. It kind of makes me feel...powerful? Is that the word? Empowered? The word "control" helps. I like it. :smile: