Best breakfasts

katjord
katjord Posts: 17 Member
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. The problem is that I will sometimes use a huge chunk of my calories on this one meal. Anyone have this problem? Is it bad to eat a huge breakfast then cut back my other meals? Let me know your thoughts!!

Replies

• blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    I don't think that's bad, but who am I to say. But I will tell you that every doctor, dietician etc that I talk to say that if it works for you then do it. It's more of getting and staying healthy so why deprive yourself of something you will only crave later.
  • Lorri127
    Lorri127 Posts: 36 Member
    I tend to do that, on the weekends, too... then my problem is that I don't eat for several hours. I feel like it's bad for my metabolism, since we are told to eat every few hours. I agree with blitzbis though that if it works for you, keep it up! Also, eating more calories earlier then you can burn them off throughout the day. So many studies say one thing or another but I'm totally on board with the theory that if it works for you, keep doing it! :)
  • wender125
    wender125 Posts: 93 Member
    I could eat breakfast for every meal! Big breakfasts are super awesome some of the time! I love oatmeal, greek yogurt, banana, hemp hearts , and walnuts all mixed up... in fact i think it's time for second breaky right now..... drool....
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    katjord wrote: »
    Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. The problem is that I will sometimes use a huge chunk of my calories on this one meal. Anyone have this problem? Is it bad to eat a huge breakfast then cut back my other meals? Let me know your thoughts!!

I say no. I saw something that said eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch, and a poor college kid at dinner. :)

• blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    hmrey76 wrote: »
    katjord wrote: »

I say no. I saw something that said eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch, and a poor college kid at dinner. :)

That is a great quote.