Anyone else from New Zealand??

Options
catewest
catewest Posts: 5 Member
So, I am currently looking at moving to a lchf lifestyle...I was diagnosed coeliacs a couple of years ago and I have been seriously researching eating "lifestyles" that suit me :) Anyone else out there in there 40's like me (I'm 45), living in NZ and ready to change their life??

Replies

• shell_110
    shell_110 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm from NZ but have been living in the Middle East for the past 6 months. Using this time away from home (my husband is working and I'm home schooling our kids) to try to find a way of eating that suits me. I've been doing the Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation but thinking carefully about how sugar (even fruit sugars) gluten and other foods are making me feel. I'm 42 and come from Napier. Good luck with your journey
  • beka456
    beka456 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from New Zealand too. I've been on MFP for a while now, still working towards a healthy self. A slow journey only because I have a lot of things to fix. I have a few bad habits, that I'm trying to switch to good ones. >:)

So count me in!

• shell_110
    Options
    Hi beka456, looks like you know more about MFP than me. I've been logging food for a while but haven't really looked at the forums. Just starting to work out that there is heaps more to MFP than I realised. Would be good to have some kiwis to bounce ideas off, and learn from. This weight loss has been very up and down, so frustrating some days
  • beka456
    Options
    Hey rochelleclark887, I've been logging food on for a while too, but i wasn't very consistent. Now I'm getting used to it. Seems like a ritual to check out the place now. Like i said, I have a few bad habits that pretty much need an overhaul. So lots of things need to happen, I'm just not sure what???? yet...lol Now I find myself repeating many, many times to 'keep my mind on the prize!! It may not happen over night, but it will happen!!!!!!!!!!! Darn it!' and then off to try and do something physical.

• catewest
    catewest Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey guys :) I find my biggest downfall is alcohol! Please tell me I'm not the only one!!
  • beka456
    Options
    I enjoy a drink now and then. But I'm not that into wine sorry. My drink of choice is vodka and water or ice. The problem for me is the munchies afterwards, anything greasy like burger and chips.
  • shell_110
    Options
    Yip, I put on a bit of weight last week because of wine, probably from the snacks that go with it though, and the will power going down when I have a few drinks.
  • daisychainforty2
    Options
    Yep I'm from invercargill :) really motivated to keep this change in mindset of a healthy lifestyle that helps my weight loss. And its slowly working. I used to be able to go to weight watchers and lose massive amounts every week from sticking to plan but I was always hungry. Naturally it wasn't sustainable and I piled it back on and more. Now I eat the calories I need to have every day as the 'thin' me inside needs. Which is more than 1200 of course but less than the recommended 2300 that is bounced around. In the middle. I find it is working really well. My whole approach has changed. Must be aging lol