November - Another chance to get it done!!

Options

Changes are all around us…cooler temps, falling leaves, better hydration, new eating habits, more daily exercising. We’ve got 2 months to make a change before the end of year. Yes, it is one of the two worst months coming up ,to try to be healthy , but if we look at just right……we can do better most of the month...... so we can be ready for the Turkey , dressing, sweets….all the good stuff.

My goals are .....to drop 2 lbs this month,drink my water, keep exercising to help with the glucose.

What 's yours?

Replies

• Scarlet_Be
    Scarlet_Be Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm glad to find this group. I have ben struggling with my weight pretty much all my life and lately, at age 52, menopause is making is all the more worse. I'm so frustrated with myself. I start every day saying today I'm going to be "good" and then, I'm not. I know that's the wrong way to look at it all but that's what I'm doing.
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Welcome Scarlet... I'm 52 and in the same boat... you can and will do this... one day at a time...
  • Scarlet_Be
    Options
    Thanks CBMCphillips! support is part of the key I think. Thanks for the welcome. One day at a time indeed -- I'm starting to think that food is the substance I abuse.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hi, Scarlet Be...I was the same way with my food addiction....couldn't eat without thinking about what I was going to eat next!! LOL...You can do this!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Morning Hatters..

Gail - thanks for starting a new thread; great goals you've set.. realistic and attainable!

Welcome Scarlet - good to have you along for the ride!

Our Thanksgiving here in Canada was in October so I have no excuse for this month - simply working on better choices, smaller portions and moving more - especially for the upcoming week as the dreaded midnight shift is looming ahead!

Here's to progress for all of us this month!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Hi.
    Snoozie...I hope you are feeling better. I know you have been working with your hand issues and the pinched nerve ....not fun!

• Scarlet_Be
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies! I managed to get some exercise in this weekend. Eating wasn't the bet but not the worse either. :)
  • Snooozie
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi hatters!

Sorry been MIA... round of doc appointments last week and back on midnights this week....which as you already know is a huge challenge for me eating/exercise wise since i'm up and down 20 times a day in between napping.. and when I AM conscious i'm pretty useless.. basically sit around in my jammies waiting to go back to sleep lol. I did get down to the lake a few afternoons, but having a nasty round of high winds and rain right now ... and honestly getting up and dressed and going out in the middle of the day for me is kinda like a normal person getting up at 2am, showering, dressing, going out.. then coming home at 4 or 5am and going back to bed til 7am then getting up and going to work for 10 hrs... ah well.. on the plus side, all the bloodwork came back good from the doc; have to see a rheumatoid arthritis guy next week only because the RA blood test indicator came back high.. doesn't mean I have it and no signs of it ....but doc just wants me to go and find out why the indicator came back so high.

Right now still working on trying to eat smaller amounts; on this shift admittedly its mostly toast and pb tho.. can't face tuna or salads at 3am.. scales not moving and i'm not happy - clothing is tight and uncomfortable and i'm really feeling the regain weight.. only going to weigh in at end of month as I reset my ticker at end of October.. need to remember results are indicative of effort so if I wanna see change, I better start making it happen!

gonna try for a few more zzzzzz's... hopefully some of our other regulars will start checking in again too.. hope all is well in their worlds! later taters
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Been MIA with new job and life just happening. Gained some back but holding. Not much exercise with the new job having me sitting all day :( Trying to get motivated to get back on track. I think I'm gonna try the Y yet again for the winter. I will try to check in a bit more but by the time I get home from work after being on the computer all day is not to enticing to jump back on again... Maybe I should just start jumping lol!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I've been MIA too! Still been here and still logging in, but I've been so busy recently that I lose track of what I'm doing. It sounds like the rest of you are even busier than me.

It's lovely to meet you, Scarlet_B!

I have regained a few pounds, and I think this is the case with maintenance, that it goes up and down a little ... but you've got to jump on those pounds before they gather some more! The truth is, I'm finding it really difficult psychologically at the moment - much more difficult than losing the weight in the first place. It should be easier, but no. There's a little devil (or is it an angel? LOL!) whispering in my ear, telling me to relax and enjoy life and buy some flattering clothes in the next size up. But I know it wouldn't just be the next size up if I relaxed, it would be the next 10 sizes eventually!

• Snooozie
    edited November 2015
    Options
    omg I just lost a huge post..... when will I learn to save as I go??? arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok will try to do a readers digest version again... grrr grrrr grrrrr

Patrice and Vail lovely to see you both and can totally relate to some of your comments..

P - I sit a lot at work and stare at puter screens til my eyes bug out... and on this shift (midnights) im pretty much a zombie 24/7 and sitting at a puter at home.. ya .. no..... I too have been thinking about having to join the rec centre or something to get me out and moving my parts with winter coming.... today was gorgeous when I woke around noon... 15C and sunny so I hoofed down to the lake and strolled for an hour - just lovely but I know it aint gonna last with winter right around the corner... so will start looking into maybe a 3 month membership to force me out over the winter.. thanks for posting the Y idea to help remind me I have to plan to move myself ..

Vail - I am the cautionary tale about maintenance (having flunked it) so I can totally relate to your current difficulties with the psychological being harder than the physical at this point... I regained a few pounds at the start.. thought ok no biggie... then crept up to 10 and said ok enough.. and suddenly.. it wwas 20 lbs back..... in what seemed a heartbeat.. I am so uncomfortable in my clothes and in my skin right now... and truly regret not putting the brakes on bak when the few pounds showed up, so I have to go with the angel on your shoulder .. you've worked damn hard to get where you are, and as you said the mental part is way harder than the physical right now... totally get that... only suggestion I have is maybe decide to give yourself a "free" day or a "free meal" once a week for now?? while you're battling the mind games I mean... perhaps it will get you thru knowing you can have whatever you want at some opint in the week.. and will keep you from heading into the misery of a big regain... you've done fabulous getting to where you wanna be so don't give up the battle staying there.... it might be a hard one but it's totally worth it!! Hang in !

Has anyone heard from OldWomanRuns (Becky) lately her profile seems to have disappeared off the site.. so just wondering?

I know Susan has been busy with hubby's recovery from the hip replacement and life in general - thinking of you Susan and hoping things settle a bit with everything you're dealing with soon!

Made up a nice chicken salad with added peppers, onions and celery to take to work tonite; and made a super good broccoli and cheddar soup from the skinnytaste website which froze well.. made with broth instead of cream but gotta say it was pretty good on these cold nights at work. Will have to work on a few more soups as they are low cal good fillers too...

ok.. back to bed... last shift tonight thank goodness... will check in tomorrow!!
  • Vailara
    Options
    I haven't heard from OldWomanRuns/Becky either recently. I hope everything's OK. It's normal for us busy people not to check in, but I don't know if her account is deactivated?

Thanks for your advice, Snoozie. It's so, so easy for the weight to go on, and such a struggle to get it off! It's kind of funny for me living with my son because he's slim and struggles to eat enough to maintain weight (he'd like to be heavier), whereas I'm the other way around. I imagine it will catch up with him in his 50s too!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    I'm calling it quits with my Metformin ER..I had high hopes that it would not give me DIE -a REAR!!! but it does, someone who takes it said it takes a while to accumulate in the body...so now after almost 5 months on it I am back to the big D every time I eat...and I am doing low carb eating.....so no more... My bum can't take it anymore....I will have to battle this with eating NO carbs! I will still keep track of my BG readings to see if they are spiking up ...

• cbmcphillips
    Options
    Alrighty then Gail...lol on the tmi...

So, apparently I'm very clumsy and me and the walls have become best friends... as my Husband would say... watch out... there's a wall... there's a window....

I talked to neurology... so, now I've got 24 sessions of physical therapy coming my way....
    and an MRI... based on the incident in 2010....

And it doesn't matter if it's bare feet, flats, heels or sneakers....

So... no more ice tea from long island or margueritas (spelling)...for me....jk...

TTYL
    Carol
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Haha.... I'm sorry, Carol...but,
    I can't be the first to give too much TMi..can I? lol

My!! Such a lot of PT..I hope it does the job and you are A O K after wards.. I'm sure you will be all better slinging back Teas before too long. Hope so anyway!!
  • Vailara
    Options
    Good luck with the PT and the MRI, Carol.

I'm sorry the Metformin ER isn't working for you, Gail. I don't know how you managed to stick out 5 months! I've had a similar side effect with certain drugs before and it was a nightmare.
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Thanks ladies :)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    November is almost outta here. Not too much in the way of loss on my part. I have another pound fleeting on and off...but can't quite catch it consecutively for a few days to claim it...but I hope to see it for sure by the end of the month...

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Up 2 lbs from last weigh in, some water weight , I'm sure....hope to knock it off by January...fingers crossed . xxxx
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I totally forgot today was the last day of November.... I will weigh in tomorrow morning at the "completion" of the month lol.