Release date: November 10, 2015
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,973 Member
    Options
    Here is the only (amazon) review, so far:

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., November 10, 2015
    By Nina
    Verified Purchase(What's this?)
    "This review is from: Strong: Nine Workout Programs for Women to Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism, and Build Strength for Life (Kindle Edition)
    Great book. Focus is on workouts, however there is info on nutrition to support them. The workouts are 9 stages 4 weeks each and can be repeated after. Familiar structure of the workouts - Core, Strength Intervals. I Option to choose alternative exercise or progression.

Starting the workouts tomorrow.

In my opinion Lou writes best workout books with effective workouts, easy to read and informative."
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I preordered this, though may not get to reading it 'til this weekend.
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just bought this last night on kindle 14.99 was 4 bucks off so got it for 10.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I can only get a hardcover on amazon....did you guys find a softcover?!?!
  • annaskiski
    Options
    I downloaded the B&N version for my Nook. I may get a hard copy if I decide I like the workouts.
    I started reading it this Thanksgiving weekend, will probably try the first phase workout in the upcoming week. (hopefully).
    I have a home gym for my strength training, so if it has too many workouts requiring equipment I don't have, I may fall back on my Stronglifts. I have access to a gym, but obviously home is more convenient.....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    "So I have been reading Strong. Beeps, read it!! READ IT! You will feel enthusiastic again! He has evolved since NROL4W and he has changed his mind about some things. Alwyn also has refocused but they both still say the same things - lift heavy stuff, lift as much as you can, and go at it with the best you have! I too haven't felt that same enthusiasm recently, kind of like I've been marking time, but I really like the focus of Strong! I'm at the point where the workouts are being described. I will start Strong after the New Year I think. My lifting buddy is starting a cut because she wants to compete in a bikini competition next year. So I won't follow her program, but we will still lift together I think. FYI if you have the book you can download the logs at werkit.com/programs/strong."

^^^. That is what my friend, sue, had to say about "Strong"!"

:)
  • annaskiski
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm up to the workouts now too. I'm printing them out and think I will start this weekend.
    Let me know how you guys do...

ETA: I like the focus on 60 minute workouts. I don't have hours to spend in the gym ....
    :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks, Cait!!! I am totally going to reddit tomorrow!
  • 8ericalynn
    8ericalynn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I read this book and enjoyed it but feel the way Caitwn does - that NROL for Women is my fave. I also have NROL for Life since I am interested in staying fit as I get older. So true that that more muscle I have the easier weight loss is for me.
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi! How are you enjoying the workouts so far? Are there any specific new things in the new book? I finished NROL4W and really enjoyed it, so I moved on to NROL Supercharged. It is more challenging but it allows you to essentially pick what you want for your exercises, from the push, pull, hinge, legs, etc menu. I also browsed through NROL For Life from the library and it's probably similar in the way that it's set up -- you choose your own menu, I think. Just curious to know how the new program is:) I was thinking of switching to SL 5x5 after I finish or if I ever need a change. Thnx!

BTW, fellow NROL fans and strength trainers, feel free to add me! Would love more lifting friends :)

• Beeps2011
    Options
    I bought "strong" online on dec 27....it should arrive next week! Can't wait!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Lookee what I got, today! :) Squeeeeeee!! :)

3twncirfgood.jpeg
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to hear what you think!