Surgery Tomorrow

Options
Autum1031
Autum1031 Posts: 83 Member
Tomorrow is the big day....check in at 10 AM. I am so very, very nervous. I've read lots of posts here so I hope I'm prepared as I'm going to be for this big life change! It just doesn't seem real. Sitting here tonight thinking, 24 hours from now, and the surgery will be done.

Replies

• AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 mins behind you!!! Prayers for an awesomely smooth surgery! I gave everyone else in my circle my nervousness and fear. Letting them carry that while I focus on positive and packing up my stuff has been SUCH a blessing! Reply back to your post after surgery with updates! Good luck and chin up...you got this!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you two! We'll be here for you when you're up and about.
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good luck to both of you. Wishing you both a speedy recovery! Keep us posted.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Good luck to both of you!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Good luck to both of you!!
  • RyanVSG
    RyanVSG Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good luck! As someone who was super nervous and as now a week and 1/2 out, I can say you'll be fine! Stay positive!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You know what to do, just follow through and take it one step at a time - you'll be fine!
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hope all went well and recovery is smooth! When you feel up to it let us know how you are doing.
  • Surzy
    Surzy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hope both of your ops went really well and you're resting up now x
  • Autum1031
    Options
    So I'm back home today, discharged around 2 PM. Not as much nausea as I feared. The pain has been a lot worse than expected, pain pills not doing much. Gas pains are quite bad, but I'm taking Gas-X and trying to move around, I know it's temporary. Worst part though is the heartburn--it is excruciating! Even slow sips of water burn. Could tolerate only a little vegetable broth today, couldn't stomach the gelatin or the crystal light lemonade. I have a constant burning sensation in my chest, and when I sip too much water (and not even close to what I should be drinking) I get hit with a wave of fire, so I have to slow down. Please tell me this gets better... I'm worried about dehydration and trying to get my water in, but it's hard when it hurts so much.
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. It generally starts getting better every day after the first few days. Walk, breath, drink, and get lor's of rest.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Soon enough those pains will fade. Hang in there!
  • raerae541
    raerae541 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I had VSG Nov 9 and I'm feeling much better now....it will get better! I felt like I was dying until about day 4 or 5, and today I just have mild pain around my incisions. I'm still not meeting my water and protein goals because it's so hard to drink...but I'm almost there! Just take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up if you don't bounce back immediately.
  • Autum1031
    Options
    Thanks guys....I'm trying. I know it will get better, it *has* to get better, but man oh man the last few days have been miserable. I keep slowing my rate of 'sipping' but I'm still taking in too much, and having tons of heartburn and pain. It's hard to see how I'll ever meet my water and protein goals considering, but I have to keep reminding myself I'm only in week 1.
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    It's hard to remember that you have been through major surgery... I always thought I would be able to do more, move more, drink more in that first week. The first 3 days were definitely my worst - so much pain and heartburn but it does get better....
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You can call your dr.'s office about the heartburn, and ask if you can take something or if they'll prescribe some, Mine prescribed prescription strength omeprazole (Prilosec) from day 1.