Being sick is messing with my tracking

Options
FIT_Goat
FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
I haven't wanted to eat much for the last few days. I am currently making a NY Strip (12 ounce) that might be the only thing I get down today. I am not going to have good data this week. But, I can't force myself to eat.

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Sorry you don't feel well. Just do what your body wants til you're better. Don't worry about tracking! Hope you feel better soon!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff, just get well.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    Got some coffee and steak in my body, and I am feeling dramatically better. I've still got some serious chest congestion that I am fighting. But, the nausea and headache have improved. I missed work on Tuesday. Today there was no work. I have to go back tomorrow. So, I hope I am at least a little better. My voice is rough, from all the coughing.

I usually don't track, but I was planning on tracking this week to get an idea of where my calories and macros have been trending lately. Of course, this would be when I get the crud.
  • who4fan
    who4fan Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have been sick for a month, so I know how you feel. Get better soon!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Maybe some peppermint oil would help with the sinuses and I've known it to help with nausea too. Put it in some tea or dot some on your skin.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Feel better @Fit_Goat! Track another week. It will come. I know you don't usually supplement, but vitamin C can help too! Don't forget the dreaded doctor too. Sometimes we just have to have an antibiotic to get rid of that crud.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Feel better @Fit_Goat! Track another week. It will come. I know you don't usually supplement, but vitamin C can help too! Don't forget the dreaded doctor too. Sometimes we just have to have an antibiotic to get rid of that crud.

Skip the antibiotic and get a steroid shot! If your body is healing, just really slowly, it helps in spades. I will likely never take another antibiotic in my life, unless in extreme circumstances. Destroying my gut is likely what contributed to getting me here in the first place.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better, Goat.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better for the weekend.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I eat cream of mushroom soup when I'm sick, (odd I know) and I don't track that week, I didn't loose any the week I was sick but didn't gain either
  • FIT_Goat
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I am slowly getting better, but it's moving from my chest to my nose. It is very weird.

It is making me not want to eat (or that could be the decongestants). I'm averaging around 1,650 calories a day. That's exceptionally low for me. Just keeping hydrated and eating when I feel like it.

Edit: My coworker had the exact same thing, just caught it about a week ahead of me, and he just got over it. So, it's a nasty, lingering crud.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Good to know that you're a little better.

::flowerforyou::
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    There's an entry for "fake food so MFP will let me close my diary" or something like that.

I hope you're feeling better soon, focus on salty broths in the mean time
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    There's an entry for "fake food so MFP will let me close my diary" or something like that.

I hope you're feeling better soon, focus on salty broths in the mean time

Oh, no worries there. I never close it anyway. And, I am always well above the amount MFP would whine about. My typical average day is above 2400 calories. I probably average around 2600 or 2700. So, for me, a drop of over a thousand calories still leaves MFP pleased with my numbers.

I was trying to get a couple weeks of logging, so I could speak with authority as to how much I actually eat. I don't normally track at all. I do it every so often so I have a better idea when people ask. It has been several months since the last time I tracked for a couple weeks or more.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    That's so rough. I got really sick last Jan 1st and ended up having a ton of mint tea, chicken broth, and later on I started having spicy Italian sausage in the broth. Extra oils in it, too.
    Also, had some store-bought sugar free Jello to get over the "I can't even" stage, then switched to home-made gelatin with stevia and tea instead of whatever chemical artificial sweetener Jello uses.
    Oh! And Bigelow's probiotic lemon ginger tea to help my gut.
    Hope you feel better soon.

-T.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Fasting may actually be good for a speedy recovery for your sickness. I wouldn't force it, just keep yourself hydrated.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Feel better, @FIT_Goat!
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I had the crud over the weekend and tea and meat were my best friends. Nothing else sounded good.

Feel better soon!