Do you eat differently on the weekends? How different?

RodaRose
RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
My weekdays involve interactions with lots of people. These are the days I might go over my calorie budget.
On the weekends, I am more likely to follow the plan because I can focus on myself. :)
Which are your favorite times of the week?

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    I'm generally more likely to stick to my routine during the week. We seem to eat out at least once or twice on the weekend and even though I'm just as active, I'm pretty sure I go a bit over my calorie limit a little.

I'm very close to maintenance and so I don't really worry about it too much as I try to still be mindful when we eat out and also eat a bit less during the week than I probably should. I try to save a few calories for those restaurant meals.

• BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    I too find it easier during the week. It's more regimented and I have fewer complicated opportunities to get off track.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 969 Member
    Weekends are usually less scheduled and more likely to be pitted with social situations that can be dangerous. Actually, late any day is fraught with peril for me,
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    I'm struggling with weekends. I think I'm almost too rigid during the week so when I actually go out on the weekend it's hard to hold the calories down as much as I should. I'm always good during the week and even for breakfast and lunch weekends, but if it's dinner out.. It's still difficult. This seems to be more difficult lately...
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,558 Member
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Weekends are usually less scheduled and more likely to be pitted with social situations that can be dangerous. Actually, late any day is fraught with peril for me,

Same here... The dietitian says eat snacks. On the weekends, I tend to end up eating two meals; normal breakfast and then a large supper... Not so much the snacks....
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I think most ppl struggle with weekends but some of the situations are of their own making ... you can bring your own food, you can still stay active .....
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    I also find that when I am well rested, I can more easily/ more happily follow my own plan.
  • clynns54
    clynns54 Posts: 346 Member
    Weekends are the worst for me. A lot more food around at home than at work. Any suggestions on resisting the irresistable? And it doesn't even have to be all that tasty, I can over eat most anything once I get started. It's kind of a vicious cycle-lose during the week, gain it back on the weekend. How do I break out of this pattern once and for all?
  • MSDave
    MSDave Posts: 116 Member
    Oh man, weekends are the worst. I travel, so it's really easy to stay on track and get my walking in. Lots and lots of weekend temptations from church donuts to the bad of chips.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    It depends on the weekend - if I'm staying home doing farm chores and home repairs, I eat less than normal. And burn more calories. If I have guests or doing other in-town activities, it is a bit more challenging to stay within goal.
  • alnvann
    alnvann Posts: 4 Member
    I eat +/- 50 calories of my target which is still set at a 400 calorie deficit in the week. I then have a re-feed day on a Saturday which allows me to go back to maintenance. For me this allows me some of the things I cut out in the week, or a meal out with my partner. However I still try to make healthy choices. Calories are not the problem, remembering to drink water is. Soon I start a bulk stage, which if I am to be honest scares me a bit. It has been hard to get to where I am now but I am going to try for a more athletic look. More muscles burn more calories, or so they say :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    That's very interesting! And certainly exciting!