Losing the last 5 lbs before the end of 2015

Options
Abm4n
Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
I am so close and yet so far from finishing. MFP keeps telling me I will get there in 5 weeks but the end never seems to get any closer. Is anyone else getting close their goal? I need some motivation for one last push to get there before the end of the year!

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can offer much motivation but I'm just under 10lbs from goal now and I seem to be losing about 2 per month lately, so it's gonna be a bit longer for me. It has definitely become unnerving having such a slow down but I keep reminding myself that's the way it works. That's how it's supposed to work and I'm right on schedule in the long run. I have to remind myself of that a lot. A whole lot!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Approximately 15 pounds to go! Super slow here! Doesn't matter how long it takes, I will get there! Is so exciting since I've never been here before! :smiley:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I was 2lb from goal...until the CARBS got me. Now I'm 9lb from goal. Who knows when the water will go. Before the end of the month, I hope.
  • wtskinner
    wtskinner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    you could start trying some steady state cardio early in the mornings on an empty stomach if you aren't already
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Really struggling with the last 7 or so pounds. Go up and down, tried and failed at maintenence for 2 months. So now the plan is to do strict keto til i get a few pounds below goal weight, meanwhile reading and seeking maintenence info and tips like crazy. Have to make a whole new plan for maintenence. Even doing strict keto, i am having to fight hard for every pound. So, i guess you're not alone! I have to rekindle my fighting mode in order to get to this finish line!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I've tried some fasting a few times with success getting a new low weight after a few weeks of nothing. I probably could just wait it out and still get there, I don't know, but intermittent fasting twice a week or another time I did an egg fast for 3 days and recently I did a 66 hour extended fast to make new progress. I will probably be trying one of those again pretty soon.
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Seems like some of us can get a bit "giddy" when we get close to our goal especially when it's a big round number like 8-0 kilos or 2-0-0 lbs. I remember the excitement when I got to within 1 kg of my goal weight before I slipped back!! I am chuckling to myself now just thinking of how close I came to "grasping the prize" before I put on about 1.5 kg or one notch in my belt. Oh well, back to the eating plan!
  • Abm4n
    Options
    I've tried some fasting a few times with success getting a new low weight after a few weeks of nothing. I probably could just wait it out and still get there, I don't know, but intermittent fasting twice a week or another time I did an egg fast for 3 days and recently I did a 66 hour extended fast to make new progress. I will probably be trying one of those again pretty soon.

66 hours! that's impressive!

• Abm4n
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I was 2lb from goal...until the CARBS got me. Now I'm 9lb from goal. Who knows when the water will go. Before the end of the month, I hope.

OMG! 2 lbs to go!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Have you tried all the usual suspects common when stalling? Cycle through them first, before going into details. Easy pickings like accurate logging etc first. Harder measures like improving sleep and lowering stress levels later.

Also, the scales are lying SOBs when closer to GW. I've been hovering between 56-52 kg since January. ...but gone down from size L-M to S-XS. As we speak I'm wearing jeans that could not close in Jan. Stuff I bought in summer are bigger. Same scale weight. So try on skinnier clothes, if they get roomier, you're progressing, keeping or increasing LBM, while shedding fat.

Scales lie, skinny jeans never lie.
  • pjdunning
    pjdunning Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was 2 pounds from goal and stalled. The scale didn't move and measurements remained the same. I was so upset! Thought about an egg fast but couldn't bring myself to do it. 2 pounds wasn't going to make a huge impact on my physical appearance but I needed to reach goal for my mental satisfaction. I cried. Thought about giving up a thousand times. In the end i kept with my routine and on Sunday i finally reached my goal!!!! It was short lived....lol. That day friends insisted we come over for dinner and they made Thai food. Never had it before and didn't hold back. I'm now 2 pounds away from goal again. I'm not stressed. I know i will get back down again. I plan to keep going like i have been. I've come too far to give up. 2.5 years to lose 50 pounds. Most using the CICO way. 6 mths LCHF.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    The loss of inches during my stall from he¡¡, kept me from giving up. On June 1st I finally made it to Onederland ,194.4 pounds! Then back up and down, close to that number, then up again, with no new weight lost until November 16th!! I dropped to 193.3, the next day was back up. During this rollercoaster ride I have dropped from size 18-20 to 14-16 pants, and tops have gone from 1X to L now! Don't trust the scale! It's a liar!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    The loss of inches during my stall from he¡¡, kept me from giving up. On June 1st I finally made it to Onederland ,194.4 pounds! Then back up and down, close to that number, then up again, with no new weight lost until November 16th!! I dropped to 193.3, the next day was back up. During this rollercoaster ride I have dropped from size 18-20 to 14-16 pants, and tops have gone from 1X to L now! Don't trust the scale! It's a liar!

That's quite a difference too! Very illustrative of how the weight isn't the be all, end all of our yardstick of success!
    I've had what I've called "stalls" because they lasted for 4 weeks or more and also fail to produce any noticeable reduction in the measuring tape either. We simply can't measure everywhere and it's hard to be exactly accurate every time too.
    My first tough lesson on the road to better health was carb withdrawal. Now my lesson is in patience. I'll be a better person for it.
  • stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It is going really slow for me right now. It does help to look back. I have lost 12 pounds since January, I didn't think it had been than much -- it definitely doesn't feel like that much.

I still have 18 pounds to go. I just joined to the gym, so even though I still would like to loose weight, I am going to try to concentrate on reducing my body fat %, and not worry as much about the pounds.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I am a little over ten pounds from goal. I stalled for a while but it was of my own doing, I was eating too much.

I am now using IF and going low calorie for a day or two a week and it seems to have the scale moving again. More importantly, my appetite is reduced again. ;)
  • cynlyn2010
    cynlyn2010 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm down 83 lbs with 27 to go. Since I'm building muscle right now, I'm tracking my body fat percentage instead of only focusing on the number on the scale. I would love to lose another 17 by my one year Ketoversary on January 19th, but the world won't end if I don't hit that goal. This weight took years to accumulate, I can't expect my body to just suddenly let it all go easily. The losses get smaller and further apart the closer I get, but the difference in my health is enough to keep me plugging ahead.
    Hang in there!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

This happened to me too. I was .7 pounds away from goal, now I'm 5 and a half. White chocolate and pumpkin pie from costco coupled with school stress and my last month of a depo shot are conspiring against me.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I was about 25lb from goal when life got to me. Now I'm back at 45 lb, and every time I yo-yo it just gets harder.