Having my Cake?

garber6th
garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
Tomorrow is my bday, and my coworker came back from lunch with a little cake for me. It was super sweet of her, but she knows that I watch what I eat, so while I get it, I also don't get it. I had been indulging in too much sugar, and in the past two weeks I had broken myself of the habit. I decided instead of the cake staring me down all afternoon, I would cut it up and pass it out, which I did, but I also decided to have a couple of bites. Ugh. After not having any sugar, it was not agreeable. I see this as a good thing - I broke my sugar habit and that's why it upset my stomach. I think I would rather have that, than have sugar be something I can comfortably eat.

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Happy birthday! I'm sure your coworker had no ill intentions. Probably wanted to give you a treat they figured you wouldn't get yourself.

Enjoy your day tomorrow. I still won't believe you are the age in your profile. You look and act like a young hottie!
  • garber6th
    rpyle111 wrote: »
    Happy birthday! I'm sure your coworker had no ill intentions. Probably wanted to give you a treat they figured you wouldn't get yourself.

Enjoy your day tomorrow. I still won't believe you are the age in your profile. You look and act like a young hottie!

Thank you Rob, you are too sweet!! :blush:
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Birthday!! We should ALL be celebrating the many years of goodness that have been here since the day of your arrival!! YOU are the gift!! :) Be blessed. <3
  • garber6th
    Thaeda wrote: »
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Birthday!! We should ALL be celebrating the many years of goodness that have been here since the day of your arrival!! YOU are the gift!! :) Be blessed. <3

Thank you SO much! I really am counting my blessings, I am so fortunate to be here and be healthy!

• duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Wishing you a very happy birthday, hope it's a fantastic day :)
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Hope you have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  • ADF108
    ADF108 Posts: 26 Member
    Happy birthday!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Happy Birthday! I think passing it out was a very nice gesture <3
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Happy Birthday!
  • seaghdha1072
    seaghdha1072 Posts: 89 Member
    Happy Belated Birthday to you!!!
  • SUNKELLY
    SUNKELLY Posts: 13 Member
    Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your day!
  • imboswell
    imboswell Posts: 104 Member
    Happy Birthday!!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Happy Birthday! And what a great way to get rid of majority of the sweet treat! You are so smart!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Happy belated birthday.