On the go lunch ideas (when you have less than an hour to exercise and eat)

Options
I try to squeeze in a good 40 minutes of physical activity on my lunch hours....any suggestions as to what would be a good LC lunch after my workout that I can grab and go back to work.....salads don't keep me full until suppertime and I need something that I can eat at my desk (that isnt stinky!) lol!
Thanks!!

Replies

• Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I really like lunch meat wraps. My go to is turkey, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, red onion and dill pickles. Just roll everything up and use the meat as a tortilla. Or you could roll it all up in a lettuce leaf. Depending on how my day is shaping up, I may also have some cottage cheese on the side.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, string cheese, cottage cheese, ham/pickle roll ups (ham, cream cheese, pickle-rolled up), canned chicken, chicken salad, egg salad. These things would take some prep work either the night before or in the morning, but are all quick, low-carb foods. I tend to make a big salad the night before (actually make three in advance) and to make them more filling, I always have some sort of protein. This week's salads have diced left-over baked chicken breasts, plus I add a half cup of cottage cheese.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Nuts or seeds of any kind (you will need to portion them out for yourself the night before), pork rinds, jerky (I like Nick's Sticks). You could even do sliced up celery sticks full of either a cream cheese mixture or a meat mixture of some kind.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    ive stopped eating lunch altogether and it has been a game changer for me

i eat a large breakfast and have a small packet of almonds around three in the afternoon

however im not working out
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Fully cooked sausages, not the breakfast type, the beef/pork type. Fatty. with 2 tablespoons of flavored Mayo for dipping sauce. Nuke and serve, cooks fast.

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    Current weight: 194.9, 119 pounds down, 16 to go. 14 months on diet
  • wtskinner
    wtskinner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    Hard boiled eggs, string cheese, cottage cheese, ham/pickle roll ups (ham, cream cheese, pickle-rolled up), canned chicken, chicken salad, egg salad. These things would take some prep work either the night before or in the morning, but are all quick, low-carb foods. I tend to make a big salad the night before (actually make three in advance) and to make them more filling, I always have some sort of protein. This week's salads have diced left-over baked chicken breasts, plus I add a half cup of cottage cheese.

I wish I liked hard boiled eggs more than I do, it would be so convenient. I'm ok with them cut up on a salad, but that's about it. I think it's the consistency.
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Aldi sells these prosciutto & mozzarella paninos that are great for on-the-go. A serving is half the log and = 3 carbs. Those carbs are worth it, because they keep me full for a long time and I can eat them during my morning commute.

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    New discovery for me, braunschweiger spread on cheese slices or on homemade cheese crisps. Heavenly! a 2 oz portion of each is VERY filling.