Cocktails!!

Options
Emily3907
Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
Give me your cocktail ideas. With the holidays coming up, the alcohol will be flowing and I would like to find some suitable cocktails. I am not a big drinker and rarely imbibe, but I enjoy a drink in social settings.

I recently came across 1800 Ultimate Skinny Margarita, which has 6 carbs in 4 oz. I could mix that with some cherry/lime seltzer and be content. I LOVE margaritas, but they are so full of calories and sugar it is hard to find one I can drink. I guess I could also just mix some plain silver tequila with a flavored seltzer as well.

Anyways.....what are your drink choices?

Replies

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    There is no way 6 carbs are going in my body from a drink lol. My drink of choice on weekends is non flavored vodka with lemon lime water. 0 carbs and doesn't effect my loss each week. I did try it with a crystal light 0carb flavoring but it caused me to have bad cravings the next day and my weight loss that week went from 2lbs to 1lb so not worth it to me... I'll stick to my plan vodka water w/ lemon lime
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    My favorite is gin and diet tonic. :)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Typically advice would be hard liquor and diet soft drink of your choice. There is also a margarita crystal light flavor you could get if thats the taste you're going for.
  • miche173
    miche173 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like Absolut Ruby Red Vodka and Fresca.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka and diet coke.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Any clear liquor with Soda Water, lots of ice and a lemon slice. Generally, I stick to Vodka. No carbs, very refreshing. But....why does there always have to be a but? You can't ignore the calories. To my understanding Vodka is one of the lowest calorie liquors at 64 Cal per fluid ounce. I can easily drink 8 ounces in an evening which means a total of over 500 Calories! And then the kicker (at least for me) is that alcohol can be a gateway to my drug of choice...food.

For the OP who rarely drinks, I think you could definitely have a couple of Vodka/Soda water drinks and not have it impact you in any great way.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Fresca and vodka with a lemon slice. Only drink I drink, and if I go to a bar or restaurant, I bring the fresca and give it to the bartender. I usually have water weight gain that lasts about 2 days, but after that its gone and I progress as usual. As long as I stick within the diet parameters the whole time, it doesn't slow down my overall losses for a week.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Vodka is the way to go! I have no issues with that! ;)
  • cchild2
    cchild2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I second the gin and diet tonic, with lime of course.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic is a good one.
    Diet cranberry and vodka
    Diet V8 tropical and white rum
    Coconut or any citrus flavor of Bai (or whatever it's called) and white rum or vodka
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I like plain vodka and club soda, with a wedge of lime.

Also, coffee and heavy cream and whiskey!
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    I like plain vodka and club soda, with a wedge of lime.

Also, coffee and heavy cream and whiskey!

Wow I never heard of that prob because I'm not a whiskey drinker but I might just have to try! Lol
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Tito's Vodka with Grape Zevia if you must mix.

I prefer to drink it straight but I get hammered so fast now, I think mixing is the way to go if I want to remember the evening.

Coffee.. whiskey... why have I not tried this?

04537b0mtfvw.jpg
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I like wine or a shot of aquavit.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I like beer and found that Bud Select 55 is only 55 calories per 12 oz bottle and just under 2 carbs. Yeah I know there isn't much alcohol in it, but it gives me something to drink socially and not get too hammered. Plus, I do enjoy the taste of lighter beer. I also drink vodka, regular or blue raspberry flavored with any diet lemon lime soda. Problem with those is I drink way more of them than I should.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Vodka or rum plus diet cherry coke, a wine spritzer (4oz red wine, 4 oz either soda water or diet sprite), or, like this one alcoholic dude I know, squeeze your sugar-free water flavor drops into vodka and chug.I'm also tempted to try making jello shots with sugar free jello.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    a lady that comes into the vfw always gets raspberry vodka & DT sprite

is yummy
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    Vodka or rum plus diet cherry coke, a wine spritzer (4oz red wine, 4 oz either soda water or diet sprite), or, like this one alcoholic dude I know, squeeze your sugar-free water flavor drops into vodka and chug.I'm also tempted to try making jello shots with sugar free jello.

I love the way you think. lol