Did anyone repeat a stage? Specifically stage 1?

Options
lovtolaff
lovtolaff Posts: 65 Member
HI all. I posted this in the Stage 1 thread but it doesn't seem to get alot of traffic, so sorry for the double post.

Has anyone felt that they weren't ready to move on to Stage 2 and repeated Stage 1? I feel like the first half of Stage 1 I was mainly focusing on form and not so much increasing my weights and honestly I am unsure if I am ready for Stage 2. (I still have a ways to go in Stage 1) maybe I'm just being anxious about starting a new Stage b/c it feels like I'm just now getting comfortable with the routine of Stage 1.

I'm not usually a very athletic person so it's not like I've been able to whizz right thru the first stage. It has really been a challenge for me. I'd love to hear from others on this subject.

Thanks!

Replies

• dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    From memory I think I repeated Stage 1. I used the initial bit to learn form, work out substitutions (I lift at home and had very minimal equipment back then), and just felt the need to go over it again.

I still do that sometimes - repeat bits and pieces or extend stages if I feel like I need to work on something a little longer.
  • lovtolaff
    Options
    Thanks for replying mouse...I work out at home also so I think I'd feel more comfortable going through it again.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I am repeating after a 2 years break. I stopped a few years back because my body was changing too much and my wedding dress wasn't fitting in certain areas. Then I tried again earlier this year from home but stopped advancing from lack of equipment and got bored. Now I am back at it and 2 WO away from finishing stage 1 again. Stage 1 is really long and for some, like me, long = boring but I have heard of others that love it because it is their introduction to weights so they want to get it right. Also, if you look ahead, a lot of the exercises will be there in stage 2 as well.
  • lovtolaff
    Options
    I took a week off last week due to a back issue and started back on Stage 1 today. I started with the 3 sets of 10 and it was difficult for me. I guess my fear is I'm not ready for Stage 2 so I may repeat Stage 1 again I haven't decided yet.