Is this group active?

2»

Replies

• madifehling
    madifehling Posts: 71 Member
    luckey88 wrote: »
    Yes, I did join. I hope to start planet by Monday at the latest. I have already started getting in habit of logging my foods here also. Thank you all for your support.

Wonderful!! Way to go Luckey88, that is the first big step! Let us know how the gym goes too. Tracking is key so I am so glad to hear you started :)
  • madifehling
    All ready for the 2015 Holiday Challenge!!! Printed up all my food diaries and weight maintenance log.

Way to go MaryBrown1104!! Keep us updated with how it goes! : )
  • ilovepsalms91
    ilovepsalms91 Posts: 2 Member
    We can do this!
  • MarieMoore87
    MarieMoore87 Posts: 10 Member
    Ready. Set. Go!!! Good luck to all!
  • luckey88
    luckey88 Posts: 13 Member
    Day two at the gym, building endurance. looked forward and debated all day at work- I went for the second day in a row!!!, stayed 5 minutes longer than yesterday. Who would have thunk? lol. I am so happy to be here with all of you. Have a great week.
  • evinston
    evinston Posts: 31 Member
    This is my second year with the Holiday Challenge. Last year I was just beginning my efforts to make changes in my life for better health. The tips and encouragement helped so much! Looking forward to even more this year
  • madifehling
    luckey88 wrote: »
    Day two at the gym, building endurance. looked forward and debated all day at work- I went for the second day in a row!!!, stayed 5 minutes longer than yesterday. Who would have thunk? lol. I am so happy to be here with all of you. Have a great week.

WAY TO GO! That is very impressive, keep up the great work Lucky88, that is wonderful!!
  • madifehling
    evinston wrote: »
    This is my second year with the Holiday Challenge. Last year I was just beginning my efforts to make changes in my life for better health. The tips and encouragement helped so much! Looking forward to even more this year

Thank you evinston!! We are so happy you are back with us this year! Keep us updated with how it goes, some of us could use your wisdom from last year too! :smile:
  • teach305
    teach305 Posts: 3 Member
    This is my second year. Last year I did not do as well as I wanted and this year I'm looking forward to being more successful. I do really well in the summer time but fall and winter are extremely hard for me.
  • Datarn
    Datarn Posts: 79 Member
    Walked 14000 steps yesterday!! Don't think I will match it today - but I'm going to try!!
  • madifehling
    teach305 wrote: »
    This is my second year. Last year I did not do as well as I wanted and this year I'm looking forward to being more successful. I do really well in the summer time but fall and winter are extremely hard for me.

We agree, it's easy to go outside and walk when it's warm out or to choose from a variety of fruits and vegetables in the summer. Winter can be associated with "comfort foods" and staying indoors. But it doesn't have to be! This year, we will use winter to our advantage and try new vegetables, make lighter comfort foods, and try new exercises- even if they are indoors. We can do it together, teach305! :smiley:
  • madifehling
    Datarn wrote: »
    Walked 14000 steps yesterday!! Don't think I will match it today - but I'm going to try!!

Wow! That is a lot of steps, did you go on a long walk or was it though out the day? Keep up the great work and let us know how it goes! :smile:
  • Crharris13
    Crharris13 Posts: 4 Member
    Trying now to fend off stress eating! Maybe instead I can replace healthy snacks with the goodies I want to munch on.
  • madifehling
    Crharris13 wrote: »
    Trying now to fend off stress eating! Maybe instead I can replace healthy snacks with the goodies I want to munch on.

GREAT idea!! The small change of swapping snacks will make a big difference. You can set yourself up for success by only having healthy options to choose from, that way you are not tempted by the unhealthy ones. Having apples, nuts, bananas, yogurt readily available can help with this. Let us know how it goes! :smile: