outside the box recipes

t_harp112
t_harp112 Posts: 27 Member
I love trying new things and I was wondering if there's any recipes that are outside the box and not necessarily normal but are also healthy. something preferably that includes seeds like chia and flax and help with weight loss. thanks!

Replies

• brannewmee
    brannewmee Posts: 30 Member
    I've been looking up overnight oats and lots of them call for seeds and such for a great healthy breakfast. I've made several recipes for my teens and even they want me making them for breakfast. Look on pintrest or Google "overnight oats"
  • t_harp112
    t_harp112 Posts: 27 Member
    brannewmee wrote: »
    I've been looking up overnight oats and lots of them call for seeds and such for a great healthy breakfast. I've made several recipes for my teens and even they want me making them for breakfast. Look on pintrest or Google "overnight oats"

thank you so much for your help!!
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited November 2015
    I made this last night and it was so good! Mushroom Pot Pie realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/mushroom-potpie. My boyfriend wanted meat in it so I added a pound of ground pork- I would imagine it will taste great just how it is on the website. I bought the extra thick filo dough in the freezer section and it was my first time using it, came out looking rustic. Personally, I would add the mushrooms in the skillet (Step 1) after everything else is soft and only cook for a couple minutes before adding stock, they will wither if they are in the heat for a full 15 minutes!

Super healthy because it all veggies and only has a couple sheets of dough on the top of the pie.
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member