3-5 lbs by Christmas!

Options
SoDamnHungry
SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone wanted to join a mini challenge with me. As we're all Not-That-Heavy, losing even five pounds is very ambitious. I really just want to get myself going and start losing. I'm constantly struggling to be good, and then life happens, and then I'm like "Ok, I'll do better tomorrow." Which is great, except that when you overeat 80% of the days, there's no progress. So basically I thought this mini challenge would be low-stress and a good way to start getting back to healthy and fit. Just post the good and the bad, if you've lost anything, anything particularly awesome (or terrible) you ate, and be supportive of others.

Replies

• Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm kinda already competing with myself to lose five pounds by New Years, so I'd be happy to share the struggles and the successes.

Long story short, my calories have been in check the past couple weeks, but I've been lacking the motivation to go to the gym. But I'm planning on going with my husband tonight after work, and tomorrow morning! I just re-vamped my workout, so hopefully some new exercises will make it a bit more interesting!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I am in a challenge but happy to support n cheer each other through christmas n festive season. I have some things that are working for me, so happy to swap notes. I just started weight trainig on tuesday and overdid it so today was a rest day. Oops bit sore!
  • knelly19
    knelly19 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    it is super hard for me to lose weight, I work out/run all the time but I don't lose anything and it's frustrating! any tips?
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too. Im having surgery on the 2nd and wont be able to workout for at least six weeks so i will have to be good with food intake
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    That is totally a reasonable amount for me to lose in that time and I would love to join! I have been sticking to maintenance lately but really want to get those last few pounds off--such a struggle!
  • Expat4Life
    Expat4Life Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, I'd love to join!
  • vbandstra
    vbandstra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. Usually I totally blow it during the holidays and I'm sick and tired of going into the New Year with that 5-7 lb gain that I have to work to shed along with the rest of the New Year pressure! Want to feel great during the holidays for a change so I am looking to drop 3-5 pounds between now and Christmas so I keep my energy levels up.
  • elsa13
    elsa13 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'll join in too! :) I've lost a few pounds recently but want to stay motivated during the holidays. It's a great idea to set a goal! I'm a runner but I'm adding in weights/strength (a bit new to this). I'm hoping that it will help. Any thoughts on how best to begin strength training effectively?
  • svts123
    svts123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I had a really good month, went to spend the weekend with my boyfriend who lives in another country, ate like a pig, and am now struggling to be disciplined again! Hopefully this group mentality will keep me accountable :)
  • Fiftyshadesofweight
    Options
    I am in. Struggling to lose a few pounds seems like it should be easy but so hard. I am good with exercise but struggle with evening snacking.
  • Nightcometh
    Nightcometh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I'm so sick of doing good until like 6 pm...and then stuff happens and I'm like "oh this banana bread won't hurt!" NOM NOM NOM. I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing, either! I'm working too hard to let this happen to me! Let's do it!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've just had my first December weigh in so I am ready to play ball. Let's do this guys! :smiley:
  • Eloexa26
    Eloexa26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! Going home on the 21st and I need to shed a few pounds by then. Want to start 2016 right so let's do this!!!! :D
  • fleurhaus
    fleurhaus Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join as well. I'd be perfect, for me, to achieve a 5 pound loss by then. Hopefully we can keep each other accountable and motivated :)
  • thenewabby
    thenewabby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to. My ankle is all healed up from a fracture in July. I'm just now getting back into my regular routine. I don't want to start 2016 further from my goals.
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is just what I need! I'm in. I'm trying to lose about a pound a week, which would be 3 pounds by Christmas. I weighed in at 144 lbs this morning, which is the highest weight I like to see on the scale, ever. If I hit 150 I'm officially in the overweight category.
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    So amazingly enough, I actually lost a pound last week, the week of two Thanksgivings!
    With just three weeks to go until Christmas, I'm going to be overly confident and say I think I can definitely lose another 2-3 lbs by then!
  • ALittleNutrition
    Options
    Hi, I read your post and thought might like to try my mini challenge to help you stay on track or work toward those 3-5 lbs. Myself and some dietitian friends made a 10-Day HoliDAZE Healthy Eating Challenge for friends and clients. Check it out, I think you will like it!

https://alittlenutrition.leadpages.co/holidaze-challenge/

Hope you enjoy! Susan Watson, RD
  • SamandaIndia
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Susan, you might want to give a link to your website, as confronted with a sign up to learn more I just run far far away as fast as possible http://www.alittlenutrition.com/
  • SamandaIndia
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Flat line. Weight same as prior week (dipped mid week)