5 day pouch test

Options
juliehawknz
juliehawknz Posts: 8 Member
I am starting the 5 day pouch test today. Just looking for insight from anyone who has done it.

Replies

• Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I know I am late here but I didn't find any value in it. I didn't do it the whole five days either. How did you do Julie?
  • Angieglawrence
    Angieglawrence Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am going to look for the 5 day Pouch test in my stuff. i am not sure if we got it in our class, If not where can I find this? I haven't had surgery yet but I would like to have all info.
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @Angieglawrence There is a 5 day pouch test on the baroatriceating website.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    It's a fad diet gussied up to sound scientific and bariatric specific. It's not anything anyone has to do. I'm 8.5 years out from surgery and have never done it and I'm at a normal BMI and maintaining just fine. If my pants get tight, I cut back on the junk food.
  • MTLCurves
    MTLCurves Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm the same.. 5 years out here. Cut back on junk and I see the weight come off again.
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    This has worked for me a number of times. Fad diet? Doesn't test anything? Dangerous and potentially deadly? Whatever you believe, the benefit for me is a reduced appetite. I do not use it to enhance my weight loss. It has not helped me to improve my weight loss.

My appetite is large at times and I never want to eat so called normal portions again. Today's norms are too big for me to maintain my target BMI. That's why the 5 day pouch test (5dpt) works for me. What I need is to maintain portion control. Not feeling fully satisfied after each meal will lead me to snacking and poor food choices. The 5dpt cuts my appetite before I fall off my diet for life.

The first few days of liquids only are really tough. By day three my appetite is under control. After five to seven days working towards solid foods I am once again easily satisfied with half the portion listed on most packaging.

I had forgotten all about this but having seen your post I'm returning to the 5dpt as needed. I'd be eating a lot less had I continued to do it whenever I regularly find that I want to eat more.

Like most things related to weight loss, this is a personal preference. First follow your doctor's instructions. If something is not working and your medical practice is of no help, then look for sensible alternatives that do not jepordize good nutrition.

This is an old post so I'm sure you've found your way by now. I'm posting this because it is a popular post op diet and, I believe, more controversial than it deserves to be. Best of health and wellness to you however you choose to stay on track.