Frozen A la Cart

Options
spamanda53
spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
I saw that NS now allows you to order frozen food a la cart (not just in sampler packs). It says that there is free shipping for orders over $50. I don't know the details or the fine print (didn't look for it), so I am not sure if that means you have to have $50 of frozen food added to your AD to get free shipping, or if its a grand total of $50 or if it has nothing to do with your AD.

But for anyone interested in trying the frozen and didn't want to "risk" getting a sampler pack full of 10 of the same item or simply wanted to try a range of things but didn't have room for 10 days worth of meals all at once, it might be worth a shot. :)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    I saw that NS now allows you to order frozen food a la cart (not just in sampler packs). It says that there is free shipping for orders over $50. I don't know the details or the fine print (didn't look for it), so I am not sure if that means you have to have $50 of frozen food added to your AD to get free shipping, or if its a grand total of $50 or if it has nothing to do with your AD.

But for anyone interested in trying the frozen and didn't want to "risk" getting a sampler pack full of 10 of the same item or simply wanted to try a range of things but didn't have room for 10 days worth of meals all at once, it might be worth a shot. :)

Hi Amanda
    Where did You see that, I'd like to look at it as I have a sneaky suspicion is is not connected to Your AD and that could mean You pay full price vs the 20% discount on items add to the AD. I say that because anything added to the AD is free shipping no matter the quantity. However it would be great to be able to add individual frozen items to the AD instead of Sampler packs.

Thank You for the heads up.
    Have a great Day
    Roger
  • ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I looked at it and its free shipping if you spend $50 dollars or more. This is not tied to any AD and yes you would pay full price.
    Ginny
  • spamanda53
    edited November 2015
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Amanda
    Where did You see that, I'd like to look at it as I have a sneaky suspicion is is not connected to Your AD and that could mean You pay full price vs the 20% discount on items add to the AD. I say that because anything added to the AD is free shipping no matter the quantity. However it would be great to be able to add individual frozen items to the AD instead of Sampler packs.

Have a great Day
    Roger

It was on the NS site where you manage your next order. Also, I just got an email about it.

I think the issue is though, regarding the shipping, is that they have to send the frozen stuff separately. So the cost of that shipping has to come from somewhere. So *IF* you were able to add it to your AD and save the 20%, for people who don't receive frozen food on their plan, you would still have to pay for shipping. The plans that include frozen food have the increased price to cover that extra shipping each month.

But like I said, I didn't look into it beyond seeing the new section on the a la cart menu and the banner at the top of the page.

So, moral of the story -- Take everything I am saying with a grain of salt since A ) I didn't read the fine print of look into it really and B ) I am probably not explaining myself clearly via text here. haha
  • spamanda53
    Options
    This thread on the NS Refugees message board has people's "experiments" with the Frozen A la Cart option:

http://ns-refugees.freeforums.net/thread/1390/la-carte-frozen-available

Looks like you CAN add frozen a la cart to your AD to save 20% BUT you have to order $50 of it to get the free shipping. It doesn't matter if your AD is mostly frozen or not.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    ginnywed wrote: »
    I looked at it and its free shipping if you spend $50 dollars or more. This is not tied to any AD and yes you would pay full price.
    Ginny

Hi Amanda

Have a great Day
    Roger

It was on the NS site where you manage your next order. Also, I just got an email about it.

I think the issue is though, regarding the shipping, is that they have to send the frozen stuff separately. So the cost of that shipping has to come from somewhere. So *IF* you were able to add it to your AD and save the 20%, for people who don't receive frozen food on their plan, you would still have to pay for shipping. The plans that include frozen food have the increased price to cover that extra shipping each month.

But like I said, I didn't look into it beyond seeing the new section on the a la cart menu and the banner at the top of the page.

So, moral of the story -- Take everything I am saying with a grain of salt since A ) I didn't read the fine print of look into it really and B ) I am probably not explaining myself clearly via text here. haha

Hi Ginny and Amanda
    I found it and did a test run and it seems You would need to order the minimum $ to get the free shipping. I did not try adding that amount to see if the discount is taken with a AD order yet. Overall So far it seems that samples are still a better deal. However it does show the pricing they use for Frozen foods finally.

Cheers
    Roger
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,583 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    You only ever get to try so many items with the samplers. I've got a select 10 sampler in my freezer right now along with one of the ice cream samplers and it doesn't have nearly all the available items.

I just tried putting setting up an order. I'm not on ajto delivery. It applied my success a la carte discount to give me 20% off and free shipping.

BUT how do you tell which of the items are lunches and which are dinners? I'm not seeing any labelling.
  • spamanda53
    edited November 2015
    Options
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    BUT how do you tell which of the items are lunches and which are dinners? I'm not seeing any labelling.

If you go to the NS site and click View Menu it should show you all of the food that they offer broken down into their respective categories.

If for some reason that doesn't work, you could just post specific foods and people could tell you if they are lunch or dinner. General rule of thumb: all of the frozen lunches are melts with the exception of the grilled chicken sandwich and the hamburger. All other entrees are dinners
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options

If you go to the NS site and click View Menu it should show you all of the food that they offer broken down into their respective categories.

If for some reason that doesn't work, you could just post specific foods and people could tell you if they are lunch or dinner. General rule of thumb: all of the frozen lunches are melts with the exception of the grilled chicken sandwich and the hamburger. All other entrees are dinners

Thanks! That makes sense.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    You only ever get to try so many items with the samplers. I've got a select 10 sampler in my freezer right now along with one of the ice cream samplers and it doesn't have nearly all the available items.

I just tried putting setting up an order. I'm not on auto delivery. It applied my success a la carte discount to give me 20% off and free shipping.

Hi
    Amanda's answer is the easiest. The Breakfast Items should be obvious. If You need me to I can Create a Screen Cap of the frozen categories and post that.

Good Luck
    Roger

Hi Amanda
    For some reason it is not showing today for me that way. I hope they did not pull the page.

Cheers
    Roger
  • spamanda53
    Options
    Hi Amanda
    For some reason it is not showing today for me that way. I hope they did not pull the page.

Cheers
    Roger

Really? What browser are you using? I am using FireFox and was just able to pull it up.

I went to Nutrisystem.com
    Then clicked on View Menu (it is in the same line as Shop Plans, How It Works, Success Stories, Tools and the big orange Order Now button)
    The next page takes a little while to load (no idea why)
    Then you have to scroll down past some weird picture/banner things and then the food options are all there (with new pictures)

The direct link is: http://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/catalog/menu/food.jsp?meal=dinner
    (It takes you to the dinner page by default but you can click on Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or shakes)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Amanda
    Maybe I was just not giving it long enough to show. I had hoped that when they killed off the forums the web pages left would load faster, sadly no :(

I tried with Firefox and Internet Explorer

Thank You for the information
    Roger