There are ten weeks left in 2015!

Options
The last couple months of the year are pretty perilous for those of us trying to lose weight. What are you going to do with the rest of the year?

Replies

• justin_atx
    justin_atx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm going to aim to shed 20 pounds. If I fall short, at least I'll make some progress....

It's a good year to skip the feasts!
  • awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Luckily I don't care much for holiday foods so skipping the feasts will prove to be pretty easy. I would like to be as close to 200 as possible (about 10 pounds away) so we will see how that goes. Good luck with the 20 pounds!
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've got my last 6 kilos to shed, but I'm not sure if I really have or not as I'm putting on muscle as well as losing fat. I think I'm down to around 21% fat now, so realistically, probably time to get another DEXA scan and see if I can totally ignore BMI's advice and switch to maintain and/or keep on strength.
  • iamchoosinglife
    iamchoosinglife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to eat sensibly at holiday events and think about how I will how I will feel afterwards both physically and emotionally.
  • Joliekay1582
    Joliekay1582 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    that a good idea. I've recently kinda started over on the my fitness pal thing. "Fell off the wagon" for a bit. But can't fit into any decent Halloween costumes made me kinda sad. So here we go!!
  • Joliekay1582
    Joliekay1582 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    well somehow my thing chopped off greasegirl quote and put my response in for her...weird
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all trying to lose weight, this is definitely the hardest time of the year to do so. But remember: "The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph." My goals are to be able to squat at 315!
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I try to get under 200lbs by end of year. But oh boy...all those sweets, cake, cookies and whatnot...so difficult
  • CompM
    CompM Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    For me, it's not so much the sugar as the ramp-up in social drinking. Alcohol is terrible on muscle growth and recovery. I think the plan will be to limit it to 1-2 per event.

Maybe that and eating more slowly.
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay away from the treats and eat less. I started the day after halloween and haven't eaten any candy or chocolate in 8 days. It's my weakness! I'd like to drop 10 lbs by Xmas and another 10 by March. I know it doesn't seem like much and I have a good amount of time...just been trying for so long without success.
  • vollans
    Options
    Booked in for a DEXA scan on Monday :) It'll be fun to see what progress I've made since the last one, and 6 months since I started.
  • Doublemeasure
    Doublemeasure Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I need to loss another 5.9 kilos for New Year! Then I am under 100 kilos! That is the aim!
  • vollans
    Options
    Got my results.... 18% fat. Hurrah!
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start treatment for my physical disability. I am not into Holiday food that much except for a few things so I will be confident I will do well during Thanksgiving and all of December. I am hoping to be 163 lbs by the end of December.
  • HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hold on tight, boys...........It's gonna be a bumpy ride!!!!!!
  • lotusgirl34
    lotusgirl34 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will need to figure out a plan for eating sweets...my son and I bake ridiculous amounts of cookies for the neighbors, and even though we give away 95% of them, I always end up eating more than I should.
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    my son and I bake ridiculous amounts of cookies for the neighbors

I wish I were your neighbour :# but on the other hand...maybe better I'm not ;)
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Do alot of drinking and eating lol
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    my son and I bake ridiculous amounts of cookies for the neighbors

I wish I were your neighbour :# but on the other hand...maybe better I'm not ;)

SNAP! I'm glad I can't bake...I mean, I could but I'm SO lazy with cooking (which is why I stick to salads).
    Who knew that one good thing about being lazy is that it helps you on the weight loss? :P
  • vollans
    Options
    It's one of the things I am really missing - baking. I love baking. But if you can't really eat the stuff you're baking it somewhat limits your options. Ho hum.