What Are Your Goals, And What Is Your Game Plan?

OldAssDude
OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
edited November 2015 in Social Groups
My goals are to get to a good fitness level, get to a healthy body weight, and train myself to maintain it without the need to weigh and measure everything I eat.

my game plan is to do cardio every day, do muscular 3 times a week, and train myself to eat right without weighing and measuring.

I am a 58 year old male, 5' 9" tall, and my healthy weight range is from 128 to 168 lbs. I set my goal at 150 lbs. because its right about in the middle. I chose to lose 1 lb. per week which is 500 calories per day. I started almost a year ago at 225 lbs., and I now weigh 170 lbs. I have been power walking 7 days a week for 30 to 90 minutes at a cardio pace (zone 3 & 4). I have been measuring my food, but just ball parking it for the most part, and now that I only have 20 lbs. left to lose, I am starting to go back and forth between logging and not logging in an effort to train myself to eat right without having to log and measure.

I think fitness is just as important (if not more) in maintaining a healthy weight, because you can be at a healthy weight and not be healthy, or you could be at a good fitness level and be over weight.

If you have both, you should not have to live a lifetime of constantly monitoring one or the other.

Replies

• Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    My goals are to learn to eat and exercise right..and get to a point where I don't obsess so much over all this. I want to be as fit and healthy as I can be ( for my age ). I am back at Weight Watchers because it always worked for me in the past..and it's working now just not as fast as I'd like for it to. :)
  • KatelynKraft
    KatelynKraft Posts: 4 Member
    My goals are to continue my daily workouts but be more aware of the food I am putting in my body. I am a pretty active person but my love for carbs and sweets holds me back from my goals. My goal is to get back to my wedding body in my profile picture :)
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Every morning I wake with good intentions. I start with a healthy breakfast.All goes as planned till after Supper around dark. I don't know why that is such a difficult time for me.
  • liliana3186
    liliana3186 Posts: 4 Member
    My goal is to be fit and healthy. I was 50 pounds over weight a year ago. I have lost those. Now I am worling to build muscle and burn 5% of fat. I would like to be able to don't track anything. I love to exercise but somedays I have trouble with food..