We're Past Thanksgiving - How Did You Do?

Options
istarith
istarith Posts: 71 Member
Now that we're past Thanksgiving, how does everyone feel? I know some people are more than a little concerned about finishing out the week on a strong note, and I'm one of them for sure! Try to stop me from treating an eating holiday as anything but an eating holiday, but goodness, maybe I had one too many slices of pie... *burp*

Anyway, how did everyone else treat the day? Did you gorge, binge, eat mindfully? Did someone in the family show up with that casserole that you know you can't not eat 5 helpings of? Do you think you can finish out the week on a strong note, or will you be happy to maintain?

Crossing my fingers to maintain!!

Replies

• erebar
    erebar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well I started strong with good intentions! I nice 4 mile hike - light breakfast and lunch and relatively light dinner and one cocktail- vodka soda lime. Not too bad ... And then we went to a neighbor's for dessert and coffee and a couple games. They had bought a pumpkin pie (my fav - but only with LOTS of whip cream.... I have a small addiction!) from a local bakery and it was amazing with nutmeg whip cream! So I had a generous serving! Then we got home and I made a nice plate of nachos with Japapenos one of those things I love and since it's a treat day - why not. Then I needed just a small sweet( my whip cream was calling for me) so I ate a couple mini pumpkin pies I had made with some of that delicious whip cream. Really not too bad if I think about past Thanksgivings but I was definitely way over. I will be logging and exercising - and doing my best to maintain and not gain.
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I drove for 5 hours on Thanksgiving day so I had very little food until Thanksgiving dinner and decided to have small helping of everything. I think I stayed within my calorie count but hard to really know. I didn't eat any Thanksgiving leftovers on Friday and stayed within my calories. I also walked a few miles on Friday and this morning with my Sister in Law. I'm now back at home and plan to go for my morning run and get back into my normal routine.
  • natyack
    natyack Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I did okay on thanksgiving! I ran a 5k that morning so I didn't feel as guilty about pumpkin waffles for breakfast, or my big plate of turkey/stuffing/potatoes and gravy on everythingggg. Plus about 4 glasses of wine (thanks to my husband for driving!). I avoided snacks and had one slice of pie for dessert. The next day however I really over indulged with the leftovers. I didn't do too well yesterday on a road trip with my dad, but I'm not letting any of that get me down. Today is a new day!
  • istarith
    istarith Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    natyack wrote: »
    I did okay on thanksgiving! I ran a 5k that morning so I didn't feel as guilty about pumpkin waffles for breakfast, or my big plate of turkey/stuffing/potatoes and gravy on everythingggg. Plus about 4 glasses of wine (thanks to my husband for driving!). I avoided snacks and had one slice of pie for dessert. The next day however I really over indulged with the leftovers. I didn't do too well yesterday on a road trip with my dad, but I'm not letting any of that get me down. Today is a new day!

Such a great way of looking at it. I swear, you NEED to over indulge every once and again, and the holidays shouldn't be an excuse, they should be a REASON. Family time is eating time - you can be mindful of your food when you get home! :smiley: Good on you for staying so positive!!
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I think I actually lost weight over the Thanksgiving weekend, but Wednesday is my official weigh-in day so I need to wait to declare. Not gaining over a weekend in general is great, but over a four day one is awesome. Although to be honest, since it's just the two of us usually for thanksgiving we just do a nice dinner of our choosing, which is easy to tailor to be relatively healthy. The nice weather helped a lot too