Hi everyone! New to group and looking for friends.

Options
rdbasile
rdbasile Posts: 82 Member
Hi. I'm Rob and I just turned 40. With this milestone came a desire to return to the healthy lifestyle I experienced in my early 30s. So far I have lost 20 pounds and I have 35 to go. I'm also in the process of putting 10 pounds of muscle on. My trainer is definitely earning his pay. I just started working out again and he is showing no mercy! That's exactly what I need. I used to be really active on MFP, but I started teaching in August and stopped getting in shape. All that has changed. So far I am down 4 pounds, and am set on losing 2 pounds every week until I reach my goal. I will be glad to offer you encouragement, and I am looking for the same in return. Feel free to add me, and let me know what your goals are. We so got this!

Replies

• BrikcRunner
    BrikcRunner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey Rob, I just turned 40 as well and have a similar weight loss goal and schedule. Just sent you a FR.
  • jesathecat
    jesathecat Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hi 40yo could do with some friends to keep on track
  • ras_nos_pam
    ras_nos_pam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hello I am new here late 40s looking to loose some weight and feel good about myself again always looking for friends to get through it.
  • 4MyHealthyFuture
    4MyHealthyFuture Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Friend me, looking at all the same goals! Good luck to all
  • Mystical_Mari
    Mystical_Mari Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    rdbasile wrote: »
    Hi. I'm Rob and I just turned 40. With this milestone came a desire to return to the healthy lifestyle I experienced in my early 30s. So far I have lost 20 pounds and I have 35 to go. I'm also in the process of putting 10 pounds of muscle on. My trainer is definitely earning his pay. I just started working out again and he is showing no mercy! That's exactly what I need. I used to be really active on MFP, but I started teaching in August and stopped getting in shape. All that has changed. So far I am down 4 pounds, and am set on losing 2 pounds every week until I reach my goal. I will be glad to offer you encouragement, and I am looking for the same in return. Feel free to add me, and let me know what your goals are. We so got this!

Hi Rob! Also turned 40 and decided to get back into the gym and workout instead of doing lazy home based workouts. I want to lose 100 pounds in a year and get my cardio better. I am down 20 pounds and have kept it off but the holidays are hard. Need motivation as I also deal with depression. I give motivation in return.
  • JenDetermined
    JenDetermined Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm 47. In the last 10 years I've gained and lost 50 lbs -twice. Now I stopped it at 20 and am stuck at 10 left to lose. Support and friends who struggle would be fabulous! My Hubby is on MFP, but he is a machine. He lost 90 and never seems to have an issue. Sounds like some of you would understand my difficulties a bit more. Pls friend me!
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm 47. In the last 10 years I've gained and lost 50 lbs -twice. Now I stopped it at 20 and am stuck at 10 left to lose. Support and friends who struggle would be fabulous! My Hubby is on MFP, but he is a machine. He lost 90 and never seems to have an issue. Sounds like some of you would understand my difficulties a bit more. Pls friend me!

I'll send a fr. I am 46 1/2 and I am in this for the long haul. So far I have lost 45 pounds and I plan to lose another 39 pounds. I've been logging for just over 200 days.