Taming the PMS carb munchie beast.

Options
norcogrrl
norcogrrl Posts: 129 Member
I just ate four squares of Lindt dark chocolate and sea salt (only 47% cacao . . . way below what I normally permit myself), and a half bottle of some sweetened tea junk.

The chocolate was delicious. The tea didn't even really taste sweetened, so I'm feeling totally ripped off when I look at my 75 grams of carbs for the day so far.

Funny (or not) the thing is, I didn't realize I even carb cravings like this until I went keto. Now it is an overwhelmingly obvious sign that Aunt Flo is five days from arriving.

Do any of you have some tricks for dealing with the merciless and crazy carb cravings that accompany PMS? Preferably before I eat the other eight, or so, squares in the chocolate bar?

Replies

• angela_carreen
    angela_carreen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like pork rinds for a crunchy carb. I'll dip them in cream cheese. It helps a lot to curb the cruch carb that I need. For sweets I buy a bag of sugar free candies. Don't eat too many, since some people are sensitive. I'm not though and I'll eat a bit of those. They may stall people too but I'll take it over going WAY off target. Hope this helps.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Chocolate fat bombs? They're so rich I'm not usually tempted to eat too many of them.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Mocha BPC, pork rinds with butter granulated sweetener and cinnamon, and baking chocolate has way fewer carbs.
  • norcogrrl
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, ladies. :)

I ate two more squares. The rest is in the fridge.

I'm going to try to whip up some fat bombs . . . maybe cream cheese, cacao, coffee, macadamia nuts, and a bit of maple syrup? I don't use sugar or alternative sweeteners, but some maple syrup might be nice. I have two bags full of macadamia nuts that I'm not sure what to do with. They're too greasy for me on their own.

This may be a great excuse to get an ice-cream maker. ;)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I always craved rare steak and dark chocolate at that time.
  • norcogrrl
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    Luckily, I always craved rare steak and dark chocolate at that time.

I popped into a drug store before catching the bus home to pick up some 90% Lindt. That's become my preferred chocolate, and I didn't have any on hand.

I did pick up some 90% Lindt, but I also picked up the Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt. I knew better than to do that. I'm going to make sure that I always have my 90% on me at all times in the future.
  • cookiechicken1300
    Options
    I make homemade hot chocolate using full cream, bakers chocolate powder, stevia, and whipped cream to top it off! That and low carb coconut ice cream and low carb almond and chocolate protein bars!