Looking for a buddy or three

ktsj2015
ktsj2015 Posts: 65 Member
Heya,

im a 38 yo mum of two teenage boys, currently sitting 20lb above my 'happy weight'.

This is not just about losing weight for me it's also about getting fit and healthy I used to be a real fitness nut, in the gym 5 days a week every week. I used to track every macro I ate, ate clean and a fluctuation of a few % body fat was a big deal.

I don't recognise that person anymore, I've got super lazy!!

Im not trying to jump straight back into the fully fledged fitness nut mode, but I do want to take back control of my body. I know that means more than just dieting.

Sure I need to slim down but mostly I need to move more and eat better!!!

Anyone else out there looking to do more than just lose weight? I need someone to kick me occasionally.

Replies

• ufmp10
    ufmp10 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! Im also looking to just be healthy overall! Feel free to add me☺
  • imetsmg
    imetsmg Posts: 6 Member
    Hey there,
    I'm trying to be healthy and strong. Add me =] we can all support each other!
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    I used to be really into health and fitness and was very sporty. I changed career and the new job involved commuting - 4 hours a day on a bus! In the very same week as starting the new job I started college which is 3 evenings a week and weekends. I went from being super active to literally sitting all of the time. I put on 2 stone.

I have to work a lot harder now than before to get results but MFP has kept me motivated. I'm now getting to the gym on lunch and trying to walk where I can. Its not just about what I weigh, its about getting back into a healthy lifestyle!
  • ktsj2015
    ktsj2015 Posts: 65 Member
    GillianLF wrote: »
    I used to be really into health and fitness and was very sporty. I changed career and the new job involved commuting - 4 hours a day on a bus! In the very same week as starting the new job I started college which is 3 evenings a week and weekends. I went from being super active to literally sitting all of the time. I put on 2 stone.

I have to work a lot harder now than before to get results but MFP has kept me motivated. I'm now getting to the gym on lunch and trying to walk where I can. Its not just about what I weigh, its about getting back into a healthy lifestyle!

wow that is so like me, i used to be super fit .. a change in job and suddenly EVERYTHING changed. i put on 20 very slowly over 3 years. Not huge amounts of weight but enough to make me decide i need to get a grip before it's 200lbs!

im a work from home consultant, i go out to clients about once every few weeks the rest of my time my commute is walking down my stairs! not good.
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    I was the same! Put on 20 lbs slowly over a period of 4 years before I realised I had to lose the weight and get more fit! I have been on MFP since last October and am almost at maintenance. But I still continue to work hard to improve my cardiac fitness, strength and flexibility. Feel free to add me.
  • kostalenam3003
    kostalenam3003 Posts: 4 Member
    Wow! Same story here. Very athletic, swimming and going to the gym not because I had to, but because I loved it. 4 years ago I changed job and country and a year later my kidneys failed. I had a transplant 3 years ago and since then I have gained about 20 lbs... I try to go to the gym, but it's hard with my job. I'm just starting on MFP again after a long time and would love some accountability buddies!
  • stephpred
    stephpred Posts: 1 Member
    My main motivation is fitness and strength. I don't seem to have problems getting to the gym but eating right is difficult. I am attempting to train for a triathlon next spring. Also would like to get out of my weight loss slump and continue to lose weight. I would like to drop another 25lbs. All of my friends have stopped logging in and I could really use additional support. Please add me!!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Feel free to add me. I have times of fit and doing mini triathlons then i have times where i stack on up to 9 kilos, freak out and get my butt back in the gym. I love working out, lifting weights, cycling, hiking, eating great food and drinking with friends. Sometimes the balance is off :)
  • ktsj2015 wrote: »
    Heya,

im a 38 yo mum of two teenage boys, currently sitting 20lb above my 'happy weight'.

This is not just about losing weight for me it's also about getting fit and healthy I used to be a real fitness nut, in the gym 5 days a week every week. I used to track every macro I ate, ate clean and a fluctuation of a few % body fat was a big deal.

I don't recognise that person anymore, I've got super lazy!!

Im not trying to jump straight back into the fully fledged fitness nut mode, but I do want to take back control of my body. I know that means more than just dieting.

Sure I need to slim down but mostly I need to move more and eat better!!!

Anyone else out there looking to do more than just lose weight? I need someone to kick me occasionally.

Hi, I would love the mutual support of this group. I have competed in many bikini competitions and am now trying to find balance in my life. This means I'm trying to not extreme diet nor extreme exercise. But I do want to be in great shape. So I'm trying to learn how to find balance with my eating and exercise while having a fit body. I too could use the support.
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    I love this idea! In the past I have been very fit, but I got lazy and tired! Fluctuate between working out and eating clean to being tired of doing this all of the time. I would like to stick with it, eat clean, and be strong. Would love to be part of this group!
  • Eviera83
    Eviera83 Posts: 1 Member
    stephpred wrote: »
    My main motivation is fitness and strength. I don't seem to have problems getting to the gym but eating right is difficult. I am attempting to train for a triathlon next spring. Also would like to get out of my weight loss slump and continue to lose weight. I would like to drop another 25lbs. All of my friends have stopped logging in and I could really use additional support. Please add me!!

Hi there!
    Same for me, I don't have problems going to the gym, but since September I have serious problems with eating right.
    I would appreciate the support of this group and me I can support you!
    Please add me! -)
  • MalbaJayne
    MalbaJayne Posts: 24 Member
    Hi - yes!!!! I just posted a super similar post. I need more MFP support to help hold me accountable (and, yes, kick me in the butt once in a while.)

Adding now :)
  • jennvb1972
    jennvb1972 Posts: 5 Member
    Same here! I would enjoy the encouragement and willing to encourage! Anyone can add me also!
  • gemmabgw
    gemmabgw Posts: 2 Member
    Oh my word, I was a super health and fitness freak a couple of years ago. . Went to the gym every single day and now I'm just super lazy and eat soo much rubbish!
  • Thefatanabanana
    Thefatanabanana Posts: 3 Member
    Add me :) I never had buddys on MFP so not really sure what to expect or how to help motivate but I'm here for whoever needs the support!
  • Magggs_
    Magggs_ Posts: 6 Member
    I am looking to get fit and drop about 10 to 15lbs. I can use all the motivation and support I can get. Feel free to add me!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Aiming for 10-15 pounds, too!
  • MelissaCherie
    MelissaCherie Posts: 4 Member
    I would love to drop about 15lbs to get back to my comfortable weight!
  • Healthy_chick15
    Healthy_chick15 Posts: 5 Member
    Feel free to add me too. Had my daughter in march and am within 15 lbs of my goal weight now (70 lb loss since her birth). Tracking my calories always seemed like a bore to me. I thought: why would someone want to spend so much time focusing on food? But using this app has helped immensely. Ive been a steady loss since march and i am determined to get back my healthy lifestyle. Seeing posts in my newsfeed keeps me motivated!!
  • Dani_Pi
    Dani_Pi Posts: 1 Member
    Please feel free to add me. I am just barely in my happy weight zone and I am proud to say that but my goal now is to maintain my happy weight once I fully reach it. I want to surround myself with people that will motivate and focus me to stay on top of this goal.