Round 2 with Medifast

Happy to see this group was made. I hope more members decide to join. I would really like to meet some new friends who are also using Medifast/TSFL.

Last year, I followed the program pretty closely for 10 months and lost 70 pounds. I took a break from it for a bit and decided to get back on the program 2 weeks ago to lose my last 50 pounds (I did not regain the 70 back). Anyway, I'm already down 8 pounds and pretty excited!

Has anyone else used the program before? What kind of results did you have?

Replies

• jfrye85
    jfrye85 Posts: 37 Member
    I did last year for 7 months. Lost 45 lbs and then I got busy with life and stopped following. I gained 15 lbs and am back to following it. I know it works I just have to stick to it but I decided to not stress if I eat off the mediastinum plan a little. The calorie logging on here is amazing. The community there really helped with motivation so I'm glad there is MDP. I'm excited to really get this under control.
  • piper4596
    piper4596 Posts: 58 Member
    I too am starting again...again. I really let myself get out of control and put on 40 pounds after losing 72. I just can't seem to commit even though I know it works. But I refuse to continue gaining so I'm ready. Hoping the support here will help keep me on track. Today is day 1. Feel free to add me to your friends.
  • jfrye85
    I'm with you! I'm glad I'm not the only one doing medifast. I really like to see that there is weight loss off of the medifast plan as long as you are under your calorie limit. It gives me hope that when I lose the weight I can eat regular food as long as I stay under that limit.
  • piper4596
    piper4596 Posts: 58 Member
    Yes, it is possible. I sadly didn't transition and ate like crap. It's not the plan's fault, it's mine. So I'm determined to do it correctly this time.
  • DarjeelingTeas
    DarjeelingTeas Posts: 5 Member
    Hi there! Round 2 for me over here. So glad to have found this group. :)
  • jfrye85
    I know it works too. I'm excited to see the pounds come off. After having a few false restarts I feel dedicated this time like I did the first time I started.
  • Congrats on the 8 lbs! So glad to find a group. I'm new to TSFL this year. Started dieting last Christmas, joined TSFL in March, followed it for 3 months to give me a stronger kickstart, did a modified version over the summer, and now trying to get back on seriously again. Looking forward to hearing about everyone's successes for inspiration and support!
  • Catvish
    Catvish Posts: 24 Member
    I'm so glad to have found more people that are going through round two like me. My first journey I lost 35 pounds and then we became pregnant. My son is now eight months old and it's time for me to get back on it.
  • blgomez02
    blgomez02 Posts: 2 Member
    Congrats on the 8 lbs. Thanks for creating this group. I started TSFL the end of Sept. I am down 2 pant sizes and 18 lbs. I am excited but very nervous for the upcoming holidays. I follow the plan to a T. Since you have been on this before with great success I thought I would ask how you handled the holidays? I am afraid of cheating because I don't want to take my body out of fat burn, but thanksgiving day and Christmas day may be hard.
  • pawheeler1
    pawheeler1 Posts: 80 Member
    hello all I used the program before as well and lost 25 pounds, then unfortunately, went back to my poor eating habits. I am trying it again because it is way past time for me to get it together I am on day 2!
  • mintchocolategirl
    mintchocolategirl Posts: 34 Member
    Welcome back, pawheeler! Good luck!
  • luvfishing
    luvfishing Posts: 2 Member
    I'm on round 2 again as well. Lost 45 lbs first time now I've started up again and I'm down 11. I struggle with sugar addiction so I'm really trying hard this time around.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Dont you hate having to learn things twice! I am currently at goal weight but I did take a break in the middle of my program, gain 10 and then get back on and finish. Well, I guess your never really finished. The toughest part for me starts in maintenance.
    I'm a "pro" . Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and if your looking for any additional support a group of us are starting a "Health Challenge" soon for clients on the program. Whether it round 2 or round 6. Its a GREAT way to get advice, motivation, tips, etc.
    Take care,

Jennifer
  • pradan858
    pradan858 Posts: 10 Member
    suggest going to the Center. I have done Medifast twice before lost a lot of weight and of course gained it back. When you go to the center you go once a week till you hit your goal wait. They weigh you take it to ketosis test then do a body scan once a month. The body scan will tell you how much weight you've lost in fat muscle and water and they will adjust your diet accordingly to keep you healthy. Once you hit your goal weight you get another year of weekly appointments with them to maintain your goal weight. It is really worth it and not a lot of money