Ketosis?

Options
First off...thanks for creating this group!!!
I'm on my first attempt with Medifast and I've got one week under my belt. I've been doing some reading and I think I finally hit the Ketosis stage...headache, fatigue, bad taste in my mouth. Will this go away??
Any advice/experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• mintchocolategirl
    mintchocolategirl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It does get better - make sure you are drinking PLENTY of water! I know some of the literature says to sip chicken broth to help with the headaches while you are adjusting to ketosis. Interestingly enough, I found even after I was doing well, I had good days and bad days with hunger and feeling drained. Not sure if it was based on my MF meal choices and/or my lean and green options from the day before. GOOD LUCK and congrats on getting through your first week!
  • shellabella3075
    shellabella3075 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks mint! I'm doing great now...actually have more energy than I've had in a while! Must be all these vitamins in the Medifast!!
  • mintchocolategirl
    mintchocolategirl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    LOL! Or the carbs were bringing you down! Either way, yay - glad you are doing and feeling great!
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Actually, having more energy is the biggest sign that you are in Ketosis. Its not the vitamins in the food that is giving you the extra energy (although those are GREAT). When your body goes into a strong state of Ketosis it turns on you fat stores instead of your glycogen stores to burn energy and fat is a GREAT source of energy. I remember feeling so much more energetic I could not stop accomplishing things and it felt incredible. Enjoy!
  • shellabella3075
    shellabella3075 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm still feeling great! Just under 25#! Now if I can just repeat this 3 more times!
  • pradan858
    pradan858 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It will totally go away. I also noticed that I didn't get crazy right before my period. Lol after kids my hormones were wack. But now the proper diet is leveling out my hormones