Free workouts in the comfort of your home.

Options
75in17
75in17 Posts: 5 Member
Do Cardio M/W/F and weights T/Th/S. You need a day off between weights to let your muscles repair and build up, but you can do cardio every day if you are so inclined.

For Cardio (Beginner): www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYuw4f1c4xs

For Cardio (Advanced): http://tinyurl.com/qenq32b
(or choose your own: www.fitnessblender.com/videos)

For Weights (Beginner): www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYuw4f1c4xs

For Weights (Advanced): www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

There is absolutely no reason to leave your house if you don't want, or are unable, to do so. There's also no reason to spend a single penny on exercise equipment- you came out of the womb with all the tools you need to have a fit, healthy body. Focus on your food to lose weight, and move your body to gain health. Enjoy a nice, warm winter!

Replies

• Morred
    Morred Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like doing the Jillian Michaels workouts from youtube. I like that there is quite a lot of variety both in type, difficulty and length, also usually she is showing the regular version of a move while one of her assistants is showing an easy version and one is showing the hard version so I can adjust the moves that are too hard for me. Downside is that even level 1 videos can be slightly challenging and you might need to pause to catch your breath and her style of talking is not everyone's cup of tea. This is the one I do the most because it is short yet intense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

Also while you absolutely don't need any equipment to get fit, it did make it a lot easier for me to have a stationary bike. It is worth checking if you have health insurance if they offer some options to rent. Mine costs a couple of euros per month and it is completely worth it for biking when its really cold out, really wet and rainy, too icy and slippery, gym is too far, working out really early, working out when it is too late and dark to go out running, but jumping jacks would wake the neighbours, I literally can't make any excuse not to work out now. Besides, Netflix and bike is the best thing ever!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I have the Vision Fitness treadmill I absolutely love it I bought it on ebay I only wish i lived closer to my sister who is selling her elliptical on Craigslist.
  • touchmytoes81
    touchmytoes81 Posts: 7 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    For Cardio (Beginner): www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYuw4f1c4xs

I just finished this video. I didn't have a lot of calories for dinner so I tried it out. Good recommendation. I've been doing the Biggest Loser videos and I never feel quite right. They don't explain proper positions or posture to a level I feel ok with. This one was great. Thank you very much!

• kaetoro
    kaetoro Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendations! I just tried the video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYuw4f1c4xs

When I first saw it, I thought it would be too easy. But, after doing it, I thought it was really good for beginning to workout again. I agree-- unlike a lot of videos the above video really emphasizes good posture, and the movements feel more natural, so that there isn't any pain.