No wine-ing Wednesday

Options

Replies

• AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I wined on Wednesday B)

We both agreed our frozen leftover chili for dinner wasn't appealing and met at our favorite local Italian joint for happy hour. I had a glass of white, a glass of red, and my beloved truffle oil fettuccine. It's completely delicious. And within walking distance of our home. It can be quite dangerous!
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Well my husband had a show tonight (he is in a band, just for fun) and I went with a bunch of my friends. I managed to drink one bottle of Coors Light the entire evening! Everyone else had like 3 pints so I was pretty proud of myself.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    LisaTcan wrote: »
    Well my husband had a show tonight (he is in a band, just for fun) and I went with a bunch of my friends. I managed to drink one bottle of Coors Light the entire evening! Everyone else had like 3 pints so I was pretty proud of myself.

Woot! That's awesome. Great work.
  • LisaTcan
    Options
    @AJMB704 thanks!
  • TriniDiva_PA
    TriniDiva_PA Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am happy to say that I fell asleep last night before, I had to rescue that wine from a bottle, lol

My plan was to stay AF free until night; so, now that my goal has been met, bottoms up ladies!
  • TriniDiva_PA
    Options
    I am happy to say that I fell asleep last night before I had to rescue that wine from a bottle, lol

My plan was to stay AF free until tonight; so, now that my goal has been met, bottoms up ladies!

My post reads like I've already been drinking, lol

I'm sure, grammatical errors aside, ya'll get the point, lmao!
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Tonight is Cabernet and pizza for us! Still more prepping for thanksgiving to do, but we are shaping up nicely.

u4yfs81w4d8w.jpeg
  • LisaTcan
    Options
    I've had no drinks yet this week! Happy Thanksgiving ladies!!
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Alcohol free again tonight! I am a member of a private social club and tomorrow is the big annual member dinner. It's built into our dues and they have a lavish spread of seafood, a huge buffet, and free flowing champagne and cocktails. Everyone gets dressed up in black tie. I'm going with a friend who is also a member. (Spouses are not invited, primary members only.)

Last year was my first year, and I didn't eat enough food and enjoyed the drinks a little too much. Oops. This year I will be heavier on food and lighter on drinks!
  • TriniDiva_PA
    Options
    @AJMB704, sounds like fun. Have a great time!

I'm AF again. Yea me! I just have to get through Thirsty Thursday.

I think I can, I think I can, lol
  • LisaTcan
    Options
    Alcohol free all week! Haven't had a drink since Saturday!! Keep up the good work folks!
  • AJMB704
    Options
    LisaTcan wrote: »
    Alcohol free all week! Haven't had a drink since Saturday!! Keep up the good work folks!

Nice! I had one Sunday and will break my fast tonight but am pleased at no alcohol M-W.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Splitting a bottle of cava with my husband tonight to celebrate the end of his term. We would have held out but it took us an hour to get home from work and it just seemed fitting tonight.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    We are pretty awesome. I'm af since Saturday. When I went to the town tree lighting w/ my daughter and spiked hot cider in my soppy cup. Go mom! At least I wasn't driving, right?
  • AJMB704
    Options
    We are pretty awesome. I'm af since Saturday. When I went to the town tree lighting w/ my daughter and spiked hot cider in my soppy cup. Go mom! At least I wasn't driving, right?

Look at you! Spiked hot cider sounds amazing!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I've been af this entire week so far!
  • AJMB704
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    I've been af this entire week so far!

Huzzah! I had 3 glasses of wine on Sunday (oof) and none since.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Well...technically it isn't a school night for me...

Had a Manhattan at work
    2 glasses of Pinot noir at dinner
    A beer while watching a movie

Oops :D
  • TriniDiva_PA
    Options
    I'm having a bad day which is a rarity for me; just not a good day :-( It's only noon and I know without a doubt, my first stop on my way home from work will be the liquor store.

No, alcohol may not fix the day, but it'll sure make me feel better (even if it's only for a little while).
  • AJMB704
    Options
    I'm having a bad day which is a rarity for me; just not a good day :-( It's only noon and I know without a doubt, my first stop on my way home from work will be the liquor store.

No, alcohol may not fix the day, but it'll sure make me feel better (even if it's only for a little while).

Sorry to hear you're having a tough day, @TriniDiva_PA! Sometimes you just need a drink. Hope you have sunny skies soon. xo