Blew it over the holiday weekend

Options
lovtolaff
lovtolaff Posts: 65 Member
Anyone else just totally get off course this past weekend? I did and I'm feeling it today. I feel bloated and I weighed this morning and had gained back my previously lost 3 lbs. :'(

I had also taken a week off from lifting b/c I was having back issues and didn't want to make it worse so now I feel lazy and non-motivated along with feeling fatter.

I know what I need to do. Get back to it immediately and stop wallowing. Easier said than done

I guess I'm just posting this to vent and to possibly hear some encouragement from anyone else that has had to kick their on butt to get back in it after a total fail.

Replies

• Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've been doing good but since Nov. 20 -Nov 30 it's been hard. Free food lead me astray. We both need to get back to eating good. Cheers!
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    After an unplanned week off and food, food and more food im ready to get back to it, but dreading the gym this week :/
  • IslandLifenFitness
    Options
    Thank God I managed to make it through thanks giving without eating the entire house down. Don't worry i simply didn't cook and I stayed away from it all.
  • lovtolaff
    lovtolaff Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just an update. It turns out I'm actually only up 1 pound from my weekend binge, and I went back to my place in Stage 1 today which was the beginning of the 3 sets of 10 and phew it kicked my butt. But I did it and I'm glad I did. Onward and upward.
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm a little bummed. After my San Diego trip then multiple thanksgivings I'm up about 3 lbs but the weird thing is I kept working out and my calories weren't too high. My macros were all out of whack and I just do better with more protein less sugar I guess dive I ate mostly carbs
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Kickboxdiva- carbs kill me!!! On the scale that is. I do better also with "lower" carbs. Not saying I eat lower carbs as my "diet." I just watch to make sure I don't go overboard. I had pizza this past Sunday night, weighted next morning
    and up two lbs. had pasta last night and up another lb. I'm within calories and macros. The similarity I see is the CARBS and more than I usually eat. However, my concern is that it just clings to me, seems like it takes FOREVER to come off. Clearly it's not fat because it was a quick gain, but it's very discouraging!! So I'm with ya girl!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    We all blow it from time to time. Just get back to doing what works for you.

I also have to watch the starchy carbs, a little is ok, but once I hit a certain point, it is all over, I bounce like crazy. Nutrition is my main hobby these days :wink:
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Nutrition is my main hobby these days :wink:

Made me LOL! Isn't that the truth...well, gives us something to do anyway lol

As to the OP; I like to think of it as a "non diet" You didn't blow it. You just ate a little more than you should have. Life gets in the way sometimes. Just keep on going.
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    ambsnic17 wrote: »
    Kickboxdiva- carbs kill me!!! On the scale that is. I do better also with "lower" carbs. Not saying I eat lower carbs as my "diet." I just watch to make sure I don't go overboard. I had pizza this past Sunday night, weighted next morning
    and up two lbs. had pasta last night and up another lb. I'm within calories and macros. The similarity I see is the CARBS and more than I usually eat. However, my concern is that it just clings to me, seems like it takes FOREVER to come off. Clearly it's not fat because it was a quick gain, but it's very discouraging!! So I'm with ya girl!

@ambsnic17
    I am finding I am the same exact way. My body is becoming very carb sensitive, like you said, I am focusing more on proteins and healthy carbs (veggies and fruit), and then limiting the starchy carbs as they kill me on the scale! YUCKO!

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Now that is great comparison I saw several mention - you can eat veg/fruit carbs (I'm assuming same quantity) instead of starch carbs and see a difference on the scale.

That indeed would be a difference between just loading up your muscles with more stored glucose/water (which will come from any carbs eaten) - and having gut issues with retained water perhaps bloating.

That is a test I'm going to start recommending.
    Figure out a decent amount of your starchy carbs you could replace with equal amounts of veg/fruit carbs, and see if a weight drops along with tummy area.
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    @skinny4me2be - it does suck...BIG time. However, I have noticed I don't really miss the pasta and bread like I thought I would. I still have it and I most certainly enjoy it, but I guess you could say the cravings have decreased tremendously. Now I need to work on my sugar intake. I've come a long a way with it too, but it's still too much.
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    @ambsnic17-next week I start my cut, -I will stil have carbs, just limited, portioned. Its gonna suck but I know in the long run, that's how my body reacts best. Time will tell. :-)

• ambsnic17
    Options
    @skinny4me2be - still finding my tdee. One more week of eating at 2700!!!!! It's crazy high. Hoping to cut at the new year, but if I keep trying to find tdee and need to eat there before cutting it might not happen in January.
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well I'm glad to have this outlet because it's easy to get back to that frame of thinking that it just me that feels like a "diet failure". Negative thinking I know!! Funny thing is it's just not planned food. If I track it closely my daily numbers seem good but it's a lot of eating out, at friends, parties, drinking calories ect. I agree w hey bales regarding different carbs. The iifym method tells you it doesn't matter. I think perhaps a bit, but this last few weeks have proved that it does somewhat matter on quality.. Not just calories. I'm thinking I could be more dedicated to the cut in January. Now is so full of difficult to accurately track foods. But I can't go crazy and definitely can't gain any more. I did meal prep so I'm thinking just stick with it but try to clean it up so I'm more accurately tracking I only have the week of Christmas-new years as far as multiple party days go. Before then I'm done w party's for now.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Ya, it's sad that anything not personally prepared and weighed or packaged has such potential for inaccuracy.

Good time of year to go for maintenance anyway, or tad less to account for those times eating out.
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    That's what I'm doing now...maintenance. If I wouldn't be I would be a mess, mentally and emotionally with eating. I would be binging like there's no tomorrow, but being at maintenance has kept me in check even with all these parties. Thank goodness!