NSVs! Post your Non-Scale Victories Here!

Options

Replies

• squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I out on my work pants today after five days off and a holiday and they were looser than last week! This is the first time my clothes have changed a bit since I began. Still haven't dropped a size, but now I know it's coming soon!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I found a blazer in my extra closet that is a size 18 and fits! I can even button it! w00t!!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous, @cobwebel! :)<3
  • cobwebel
    cobwebel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous, @cobwebel! :)<3

Awwwwe, jeeze! Thank you! :smiley:
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    cobwebel wrote: »
    I was having a down day so decided to do a little before and after. I'm only half way to my goal, but this did help me see some progress even if it's not huge. 30 down, 30 (maybe 40?) to go. But this is motivating me to keep going. First pic is from August, second pic is from yesterday.

w2gbqhu5cd0k.jpeg
    momar23 wrote: »
    For the first time ever I wore a dress to work today. And I wasn't self concious or uncomfortable.

qw9kk2pa5t3b.jpeg

Both of you are looking stunning! This festive season won't know what's hit it. :wink:
  • cobwebel
    Options
    I was having a down day so decided to do a little before and after. I'm only half way to my goal, but this did help me see some progress even if it's not huge. 30 down, 30 (maybe 40?) to go. But this is motivating me to keep going. First pic is from August, second pic is from yesterday.

w2gbqhu5cd0k.jpeg
    For the first time ever I wore a dress to work today. And I wasn't self concious or uncomfortable.

qw9kk2pa5t3b.jpeg

Both of you are looking stunning! This festive season won't know what's hit it. :wink:

Thanks lady!
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

w2gbqhu5cd0k.jpeg

qw9kk2pa5t3b.jpeg

Thank you <3
  • glassofroses
    Options
    My favourite NSV so far is I'm closer than ever to doing box and front splits.

One of my 'out there' goals for this journey was to be fit and agile enough to do the splits and I'm inches away from doing it.
  • cobwebel
    Options
    My favourite NSV so far is I'm closer than ever to doing box and front splits.

One of my 'out there' goals for this journey was to be fit and agile enough to do the splits and I'm inches away from doing it.

Awesome!!! Doing front splits was a random goal of mine too! ha! Keep kicking butt!
  • rustyquinn
    rustyquinn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree the pictures posted are fantastic.

My nsv. Is i have found it easier to get on the floor mat and getting up is easier too.
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    have on a 1 x sweatshirt on
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    One of my pairs of jeans that were very tight on me two months ago are now baggy on me. I'm looking forward to trashing these jeans and buying a new pair. Some of my other jeans that are the same size aren't nearly as baggy on me. So I will replace one pair of pants at a time with a smaller size. I don't want to keep ANY clothes around that are too big. It would be too easy to slip back into the larger sizes hanging in my closet. That's what happened last time.
  • cpw2109
    cpw2109 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Clothing is fitting better. My GF bought me a pair of jeans a while ago and I only wore them a handful of times before they didn't fit. Now they do again.

I also find myself bounding up the stairs and rushing around with a little more zip. Partly because I'm lighter, partly because I'm eating better so have more energy!
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I can run for one minute straight. It isn't big, but even one month ago I wasn't able to run for 30 seconds.... and I can do it 8 times in a 20 minute span and come home thinking I could have done it longer.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    My percentages - which technically are measured on the scale so I don't know if they count - are looking excellent. As Debs (debsbiggs) pointed out to me, they're an indicator of health, fitness, and doing this right. Being healthy was always my goal, so to see proof of it in my body comp is just really exciting to me.

[Body Fat: 40% > 24.9%, Muscle Mass: 24% > 33.4%, Water Mass: 26% > 45.1% and Bone Density: 7.2lbs to 6.8lbs. Total of 40inches lost all over my body]
  • bluenoser38
    bluenoser38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @cpw2109, I think that clothing fitting again is a great motivator and a concrete way to see your progress. It's hard to see the small changes in the mirror, because we see ourselves every day. When you can try on a pair of jeans that didn't fit for a while, and wear them again, there is no second guessing that progress is being made.

This weekend I hit my 'ten pounds lost' mark. I can't see any difference yet, but I tried on a size 14 jeans that have been sitting in my dresser drawer for a while now, and I was able to wear them all day. Still a little snug, but when I started at the beginning of November I was comfortably wearing size 18 jeans, with size 16 being a little snug. I've lost 3 inches off my waist.

One of my all time favourite pairs of jeans is a size 12, and I'm hoping to be wearing them again by Valentine's day.
  • ashafraz
    ashafraz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I bought a dress a couple of months ago that was a smaller size than I usually wear. I tried it on yesterday and it was way too big! I barely got to wear it, but it's going to my donate pile.

Also, I didn't gain any weight over Thanksgiving!
  • bluenoser38
    bluenoser38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @ashafraz, congrats on not gaining over thanksgiving. That's a big accomplishment on two fronts; firstly, you managed not to gain any weight and secondly, you've proven to yourself and to the rest of us that gaining pounds because of the holidays isn't a given.

In past years I've tended to look at holiday weight gain as one of the laws of physics, but this year I'm viewing it as a challenge to have fun and be with family without overdoing it. Posts like yours just reinforce that it's possible.
  • ashafraz
    ashafraz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @bluenoser38 I allowed myself to have enough, but not an insane amount of food on Thanksgiving and then was back at it the next day. I figure the holidays are one day at a time. Allow yourself to enjoy the food on the holiday, but on the other non-holiday days, eat like normal. One bad day isn't going to derail your entire journey. You can totally do it!
  • elizabethmchenry9
    elizabethmchenry9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @cpw2109, I think that clothing fitting again is a great motivator and a concrete way to see your progress. It's hard to see the small changes in the mirror, because we see ourselves every day. When you can try on a pair of jeans that didn't fit for a while, and wear them again, there is no second guessing that progress is being made.

This weekend I hit my 'ten pounds lost' mark. I can't see any difference yet, but I tried on a size 14 jeans that have been sitting in my dresser drawer for a while now, and I was able to wear them all day. Still a little snug, but when I started at the beginning of November I was comfortably wearing size 18 jeans, with size 16 being a little snug. I've lost 3 inches off my waist.

One of my all time favourite pairs of jeans is a size 12, and I'm hoping to be wearing them again by Valentine's day.

Congrats on your ten pound loss! I'm sure you will be in those favorite pair of jeans in no time. Good luck!