December - Just Breathe!

Options
Snooozie
Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
edited December 2015 in Social Groups
I know it's a little late to be starting a December thread.... but better late than never. Shout out Gail for keeping us going in November... many thanks!)

I've been a little... everything the past few weeks.. my own seven dwarves appear to be resentful, angry, irritable, grumpy, frustrated, tired and cranky!! Most of which is a result of the regain of 20lbs over the past year - and doing my final weigh in for November just about finished me off.

And December is traditionally a very stressful time for women. Not so much for men quite frankly, but all the planning and entertaining and decorating.. well I don't need to elaborate as we're all women lol.. but all that added in with the stress of trying to lose weight this month at first made me think screw it for December... i'll just start again in the New Year...

But I decided this morning I don't want to live with all those negative feelings about everything for the next month!! the mental and the physical uncomfortableness, the stresses, the worries..

I want to enjoy this month and feel positive and happy and just enjoy the moments with friends and family. To just... be. And appreciate. and have fun. AND to know that i'malso doing SOMETHING towards my goal for myself... now.. not next year!

So my goal for December - is to just remember to BREATHE. To slow down... to not freak about anything to do with the holidays.. to just breathe.. and be happy... and focus on back to basics.. better choices, moving every day, and again, to remember to just stop and just breathe more often... to not worry so much about the minute to minute stuff..life's too short to worry about thngs that really don't matter in the end.. everything will get done.. it always does anyway lol.. but these last few weeks of the year I'm going to enjoy!! I will take 5 minutes whenever I need it to just BREATHE!! and remind myself... to relax and just let some stuff go! a few slow deep breaths when things threaten to overwhelm.. and relax and enjoy the rest of 2015.. and make sure I take care of MYSELF all the way!

Attitude adjustment for Snoozie starts today!!

Replies

• PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think you have a good attitude Snoozie. The holidays are stressful enough without the added crap we put on ourselves (and in our mouths!). Being mindful of what we put in our pieholes will hopefully keep us from going overboard. It is a lifetime journey we are on and we just need to go day to day moving forward. So just breathe! And keep on walking.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    lol hiya P!! I actually only posted the thread because I remember you telling me one time you had trouble finding the group .. so I was thinking about you and there you are!! :) o

yup.. this month is going to be exactly that.. not stressing over stuff and just enjoying and looking after myself one day at a time! been very lucky with lovely sunshine days to have hit the lake almost every day... and forecast is looking promising for at least another week so I'll take it!! Even if I have to move to the treadmill eventually this month, i'll just shut my eyes and visualize the lake!! hmmm.. then again being the klutz I am i'll probably take a header so perhaps will just put the tunes on and walk away LOL
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I love your paragraph about breathing, Snoozie. I'm going to try to take that on board. Christmas is actually quite a quiet time for me, not too stressful, and I have some time off work. I will relax, regroup and recharge :).
  • Snooozie
    edited December 2015
    Options
    was trying to post a really cute video but it wont let me and I cant erase the post now... soooooooooooo good morning lol
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    s7ja6gth99ba.jpeg
  • seehe
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Love your theme for this month Snooozie. I hear you about wishing to overhaul your mood- I've been working on that myself.

My focus this month is to partake in my meditation practice once a day to remember to just breath and stay centered, as well as get back to movement . I've been laying low from a virus on top of a sinus infection, but antibiotics are helping, so I've taken to hiking on weekends and walking the dogs in the day. Enjoyed a beautiful hike last Sunday with this incredibly nice weather we have been having .

x80njmtk6ztx.jpeg
    1bkgvdrghpra.jpeg
    rvof4yr6dyzg.jpeg

Starting to get remotivated to rethink my food choices and portion control , but think those will be more of a consistent focus in January.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Hi Susan!! Lovely to see you.... sorry to hear about the icks but glad to hear you're on the mend..

beautiful pics!!! great job on the hiking.. and a super way all around of moving all the body parts; well done you!

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! That is so true of me too. someone gave me homemade English toffee.....What were they thinking!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    someone at work gave me 6 home made gingersnaps last week... they never made it home!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    ohh...that sounds good...I remember Moma and I making homemade gingerbread man cookies! they tasted so good especially the head! Hahaha..... That was my first bite!
    Guess what!! I am going to be able to show a 2lb loss! I am so excited ! It is a long time coming and a number I haven't seen in about 15 years.... So I am really going to try and keep it going and not regain it. Limiting white , starchy , processed foods, drinking more water, trying to get in more exercise.....to offset the Christmas Holidays. I hope you all have a wonderful time. Snoozie, It's quiet on the home front, so you may be the only one to read this :smile: Merry Christmas to you, my friend!!

Is there something Wonky about this MFP set-up lately...All my writing is taking up the whole screen and I still have to slide the bar over to see what I wrote ??
    Gail
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Lol...congrats on the loss...

Are you working off the app or a computer? I'm more on the app since 2013...that's when I got my first cell phone.. Finally joined the 21st century :smile:

And my son just got smileys on my phone...

TTYL

Carol B)

• Snooozie
    Options
    Gail - so doing the happy feet dance for you!! That's a fabulous accomplishment - and well earned from hard work!! Your consistency is showing results and I am thrilled for you!! huge congrats!!

and yes I have the same prob.. I think it might have something to do with our pics size... I saw something on another thread about large picture sizes but since I have no idea how to resize mine, i'll try to make em smaller from now on.. somehow LOL

oh and heard a great line today for remembering over the holidays...... to stay on track and still indulge a bit!

CHOOSE WHAT YOU LOVE.............. SKIP WHAT YOU LIKE !!

:D

on midnights so back to bed for me.... will save my holidays wishes til next week for all!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    NO , I wasn't talking about our pics. I think larger is just fine, but when I am writing a post and can't see what I wrote, I was wondering if it was my computer or the whole site.......

And it's not just us, I noticed it on the Low Carb site ...I can't see any of the things posted without going full size and then still sliding the bar....too much work for me!! lol

Carol, I just use computer, I tried the app on the phone and it was more aggravating than this....lol

CHOOSE WHAT YOU LOVE.............. SKIP WHAT YOU LIKE !! Yeah, that's me going down the buffet line!

• seehe
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Same thing is happening on my computer Gail- the screen is huge! And the hiking pictures I posted are gigantic!!!! I usually go on site on my ipad and the site is fine on my ipad, but it is magnified and distorted on my computer. I was laughing hysterically when I saw my huge pictures thinking I had done that, but then I read your post and so went on my iPad and the picture size is a little big but OK, so something is definitely wrong with the site on the computer. I would delete those photos if I could figure out how- any ideas?

Snooozie- love the cartoon- that is so me, too!

Gail- you are AMAZING !! Losing 2 lbs this time of year - WOW!!!

So tis the season to go crazy, and I have been, but I do love the holidays! I'm indulging way to much, but do try to curb things at times and also trying to walk the dogs when I have the time, which I will have more of these two weeks cause of no tutoring. And as much as I hate to be so stereotypical, I really do plan on setting ans sticking to some firm goals come the new year.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and wish you all a very Merry Christmas in just 5 days!!!

t7715.gif

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Thanks, I have been chasing those two pounds for weeks...they still show up, but I hope to illiminate them for good by end of year..
    The pics are fine, I wouldn't delete them.
    Merry Christmas to you all!!
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, Happy Holidays!!! I am free of all extra people in my home. I am doing the happy dance. Unfortunately, I have hurt feelings in the process, but I am back to having peace in my home. Good to see everyone, I am still hanging in there, gained a few pounds due to the stress, but praying for a good new year. Feel better Susan.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Hi hatters!

Glad to hear the prob with oversizing is all over the boards, not just us cause I don't wanna lose all the lovely pics people post either! So keep em coming!

We're having an el nino Christmas here.. 14C expected and have to admit i'm fine with it!! I know winter is coming but I'm perfectly content to enjoy as much time without it as possible LOL..

I've just finished a week of midnight shifts; the good thing (well depends on your definition of good!) is that all the treats are long gone by the time we get in.. just sad little empty platters left scattered around LOL . We did all bring in some treats Monday night and I definitely indulged in the home made stuff.. but kept the "choose what you love leave what you like" theory in mind..and tossed a few things (discreetly) after a bite... that said, it meant I sampled a lot more LOL and I'm not keeping too many treats in the house so that's helping curb the moments.. I've found if its there, i'll eat it whether I want it or not.. but i'm too lazy to go OUT to get something so we'll see what happens lol.

Have a few days off; am taking my senior friend out for our annual drive around look at Christmas lights and dinner tonite.. it will be a dinner out but will chug a lot of water today and eat light.. if the rain holds off i'm hoping for a trek at the lake as I've missed it this week due to night shift and cannot bring myself to use the treadmill yet..
    but have enough chores around here today to keep my parts moving no matter what!

lovely to see you and milove Susan!!

Sorry to hear there may have been some hurt feelings involved Milove, but glad you did what you had to do to restore your own peace and tranquility in your home = toxic environments are not good for anyone and altho it can be hard to take a stand, sometimes you have to just for your own survival.. and there's nothing wrong with that!

Susan - know exactly what you mean.. i'm not stressing over my indulgences, just trying to keep a light rein on things until Christmas is over, then back to basics!!

Hope everyone is not too crazy with Christmas prep - remember to take a few minutes if you get overwhelmed and just breathe!! and remember. everything will work out no matter whether we freak or not... so choose not LOL!!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Whew!! Where has December or better yet this year gone!?!?! Today was the last day of work until Jan 4th..Yea!!! I hope to make each one seem like a mini vacation. I am going to set my alarm just as if have to go in to work and then make the much wanted decision to just roll over and stay home that day. Think it will work ? Nah , it probably won't feel the same...LOL

Milove, good to hear from you! Are you running through the halls ! good to see them come, great to see them go! Sorry you are a bit hurt, family can do that the best, don't you think?
    Susan , Suzanne , Carol, Vailara, Patrice, hope you are all great .
    Snoozie, I can picture those sad little empty plates so well... you are better off. Too much Sugar would just make you sleepier on midnights. lol

Young Son is working in El Paso this year and will be there for Christmas. He could come home, but they only had 4 days and 2 would be spent driving....so He's staying. I will miss him, but I am glad he won't be on the road driving...he gets sleepy after 10 minutes or so of driving ... so it is a long 15 hours for me!! until I know he is back safe... so it is my present not to have to worry about him......

I am hoping to knock off a pound or two before the end of the year, since I am off . No hot, ready to eat food across the hall from me at work... should be a homerun.... fingers crossedXXxx.

Be safe and I hope you all have the most incredible Christmas! : ) Gail
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Just Breathe!