December's goals (fa la la la laaaa)

Options
kimiuzzell
kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
So, I've not seen a thread started for this...hope I am not treading on anyone's toes by doing so!

My goals for this most difficult of months are as follows:

1) Lift 3 times a week
2) Squat 60kgs (did 55 yesterday)
3) increase weights generally, maintaining form.
4) be foodwise where possible but don't fret when festivities take over!
5) Enjoy family time

Over to you!!

Replies

• dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I have a big reason to stay on goal and lose a few pounds: Hawaii in 44 days. My goals are:

1. Be consistent with SL workouts even though I have a Xmas trip to the in-laws. I think they have a gym and hoping they have access to weights.
    2. I'm currently training for a half marathon in March so be consistent on my runs and keep up with my long runs on Sunday's.
    3. Eat within my macros or less. It's hard this time of year.
    4. Up the protein-intake.

Good luck everyone.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I haven't been very successful with this whole goal setting thing as of late... Let's try to make it a bit easier on myself:

1. Make a list of goals :wink:
    2. Stick to the Hero Manmaker challenge for the whole month (see workout check-in thread for more info)
    3. Get down to 195lbs by the 20th, when my "holiday vacation" starts. All bets are off between 21st and 26th
    4. Try to average at last 6:30 hours of sleep per night during the week (crappy start so far)
    5. Get in at least 3 LISS sessions of at least 15 mins each during the month
    6. Same as #5 for yoga
    7. Brush up on the hip mobility system I got around this time last year and take in the content of the one I got for shoulders. I paid for these programs, might as well use them!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    My goals are to restart the program.. and join a gym to allow me to do that.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Just what I was waiting for (cause I didn't want to make one up last night). Here are the goals I posted in the writing group I manage on writing.com:

1. Finish NorthWest
    2. Selfie December challenge
    3. Catch up in contests/reviews
    4. Lift heavy weights and jog
    5. Stick to calorie range most of the time
    6. Target weight = 135

Writing is pretty straight forward and the catch up is for the site I'm on but I should try to blog a couple times this month too as I'm not good at being consistent there. I hate pictures of myself so am trying to get better at that aspect by doing a selfie every day in December, though not all will show my face cause some of the gym shots are more fun focusing on other things. 4 is a bit ambiguous, the basics are continue PHUL and jog at least 2 days a week with 2 long jogs during the whole month to maintain ability. I might retest max on bench and squat but leave the others be for now. Was so close to 115 on bench but not sure can increase in a month, will have to test to find out. Going to try and follow my calorie goals better since didn't really lose much of anything in November with the weight goal of being near 135 but it doesn't have to be exact as 136 is close enough. Just need to get things heading in the right direction. I should do a mobility day but that'll probably wait until 2016. Don't want to put too much on the plate as work is super busy this month being the holidays and I work in retail. So, the 6 are sufficient for now.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    1) stop the pity party
    2)90 lbs 1RM for OHP. My last tested 1RM on OHP was 6 weeks. I think I might have been able to get 85 lbs if I had been fresh. I am running just smolov jr on OHP for the next 3 weeks as my tailbone heals up.
    3) continue/get back to logging consistently and weighing consistently. I need the data
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My goals:
    1. Continue increasing bench. DL and front squat
    2. Drop another 1to2%bf
    3. Try not to get to stressed or grumpy with hubby and teenage kids while they're on summer holiday and I'm still working
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    1. Increase weights on all lifts. I have moved from pre-weighted bars (20-40 lbs) to the Olympic bar - yay! Gotta keep moving forward!
    2. Get to 199.2 lbs by Dec 31 (8 lb loss for December).
    3. Start using whey protein shake supplement in place of my usual "not enough protein" afternoon snack.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    Kimiuzzell - thanks for getting this started!

December goals
    1. Increase weights on Stronglifts 5x5
    2. Weight lift at least 3 x a week
    3. Kettle bell swing nonweight lifting days 20 minutes
    4. 8 hour diet window
    5. 8 power foods
    6. 8 cups of water
    7. Follow night time snacking prevention methods
    8. Lose 5 lbs
    9. Do the five day fast
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to keep myself to one cookie a day this month. That is all. That one goal will probably eat up all my mental energy.
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm going to carry over some of my goals from last month, hopefully I'll be more successful in December. I want to squat 135lbs and bench 95lbs. I also want to run much more consistently on my lifting rest days. Stretching needs to become more of a priority, but I probably am going to be just as bad about it this month as I was last month. Weight goal is to keep the gain no more than 2lbs, but holiday parties may make this difficult.
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    I'm adding another one to my list. As my thighs are getting firmer, I've noticed that my historically incredibly lumpy cellulite has improved (a little, but it has improved) and my skin that has lost all its elasticity from years of food abuse and yo yo dieting has actually started to look a little better.

So, to give it a helping hand, I am aiming to body brush most days and follow up with moisturiser. I figure that this whole *thing* is 3 layers - what I put into my body ie food, what I do to my muscles ie exercise, and what I do on the outside, ie how I present myself. No point in doing any two of those three if the final one is constantly overlooked!

So, today I bodybrushed and moisturised. Go me!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    kimiuzzell wrote: »
    So, to give it a helping hand, I am aiming to body brush most days and follow up with moisturiser. I figure that this whole *thing* is 3 layers - what I put into my body ie food, what I do to my muscles ie exercise, and what I do on the outside, ie how I present myself. No point in doing any two of those three if the final one is constantly overlooked!

So, today I bodybrushed and moisturised. Go me!!

I have never heard of body brushing! What is it?
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Using a stiff haired brush on your skin with quite firm upward strokes, predominantly on thighs and buttocks but anywhere that you need really. The idea is it helps circulation and lymphatic drainage, thereby helping the appearance of lumpy bits and corned beef skin. It is quite rough but you only do it for a couple of minutes a day.
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

I have never heard of body brushing! What is it?

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Again, I need to get back in to a regular lifting schedule. No weight goals as I am going to have to take another deload. Sigh.

I really want to get down to the top end of my goal range by the end of the year. I am only 2 lbs away, so it should be do-able, as long as I don't go nuts with the alcohol and treats this month. I am probably going to aim for about 100 cals or so below my target most days to compensate for parties and such.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Ooh, goals!

1. Don't give up.
    2. Do 5x5 three times a week throughout December.
    3. During my work vacation (aka 16 Days of Sweatpants), work on my C25K program since I can't go to volleyball.
    4. Do some form of exercise every day, so I can have some cookies.
    5. Drink a buttload of water every day (for measurement purposes, let's call that 5 bottles, or 10 8-oz servings)
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Last month was a total bust so this month I'm:
    1. Looking to maintain
    2. Strive for as many workouts as is feesible due to travel and family commitments. No metrics...
    3. Research 5-3-1
    Success = no weight gain over the holidays!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    i don't really want to set goals this month as the ground under my feet feels kind of mushy right now. but here's my current benchmarks for everything:

back squat: 90
    front squat: 55
    rows: 75
    ohp: 60
    bench: 72.5

i want to at least consolidate all those weights: clean up form, eliminate grind and be able to do them more easily. physio diagnosed my lat problem as a rotated vertebra that was restricting at least one rib and causing soft-tissue irritation, so i'll maintain with the t-spine mobility stuff and work on the exercises he gave me for erector spinae and the lower traps. that's about it.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Just over a week in so far and aside from having a cold, let's see how things are going on these goals. And this way I don't forget them, again.

1. Finish NorthWest - More of just writing every day. I made it a goal to write at least 100 words every day in the book. I'm only getting 150 to 200 per day but it's progress. Started chapter 13 last night.
    2. Selfie December challenge - so far, pics on instagram every day of me even though some are terrible. Need to take one today still.
    3. Catch up in contests/reviews - started working on but not close. Am going to put contest on a vacation at the end of the month to help facilitate the catch up.
    4. Lift heavy weights and jog - lifting yes, jogging not as much. I've done a couple shorter treadmill jogs but no long ones outside and the cold isn't helping.
    5. Stick to calorie range most of the time - For the most part. Some slight times above and the cold is making me not hungry so it's taking juice and such to get to 1500 calories but working on it.
    6. Target weight = 135 - So far weighing in around 138, so almost back to the 137 pre-vacation. Will so how the holidays hold cause need to make pecan pie for work and such but I will be working it all. Am scheduled until midnight christmas eve and close shift chrismas day, so I'll have things to do (but also food to eat cause we all bring in stuff).

Not too bad though forsee 1 not quite being a success since I've got at least 20,000+ words to write, but any progress in novel is good. Catch up is the hardest, but will try to work on things. Need to not get sick cause then I just wanna sleep even more than usual. Pesky cold.
  • mandyrene21
    mandyrene21 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here but want to set some goals for myself.

1. Get my gym membership set up this week and tour the facilities.
    2. Start SL next week with planned workout days MWF.
    3. Figure out what cardio I'd like to do TThS. The gym I'll be signing up with has group exercise classes and several indoor pools I'd like to take advantage of!
    4. Find out what I'm capable of lifting to start out, can I even lift the bar? Lol!
    5. I'm hoping to maintain my weight this month, not really planning to lose any with just starting lifting and it being December.
    6. Enjoy the good food/drinks but don't go overboard!
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Welcome aboard @mandyrene21!