December 2nd Weigh-In: How did you do?

Options
MaggieLoo79
MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
I just logged my weight and it's exciting to see other people's losses! Did you stick with your goals? Are you making any changes to your plan this week? Is it getting harder or easier for you to stay motivated? Great job everyone!!! :)

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    No change for me, but my weight bounces considerably from day to day, it has been both lower and higher over the course of the last week...<sigh>

On the plus side, I hurt my shoulder last week so missed most core and weight workouts due to sharp pain, but started core workouts again last night and while the shoulder is more sore than usual, so far no sharp pains and I was able to complete the workout - yay!!! I'll keep the core workouts this week and see how the shoulder does.
  • vbandstra
    vbandstra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same which was a little depressing but given the Thanksgiving holiday, I'm going to take it. Ready to really buckle down this week especially with portion sizes and consistent workouts.
  • mamawagg
    mamawagg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    can I start today? it's my time of the month... but just wondering if it's too late to start. thanks!
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I lost 0.8 lbs which, given the fact that I had two Thanksgivings last week, I'm ecstatic about!
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Considering the weekend I had, I wasn't expecting to lose any weight at all, so -1.2 lb is a great result! I was on a weekend trip so that meant eating out a lot and no gym. Not to mention the partying... but I guess all that dancing helped :). Congrats everybody, we are off to a great start!
  • groder123
    groder123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed with the losses over Thanksgiving weekend! It's really motivating... I gained about half a pound, but my body fat went down a smidge so I feel okay about the small gain.
  • ladiva05
    ladiva05 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The scale was not friendly.... but that's just more reason to really push this week.
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.8 pounds last week. I'm trying to watch my sodium as well as calories. I found that when I go over on the sodium my weight loss stalls out. Not sure if that's what it's like for everyone, just what I've noticed with myself.
  • aadarling21
    aadarling21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I actually gained :( Thanksgiving really threw me off track. Just means I need to kill it this week!
  • sawsanib88
    sawsanib88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was not able to weigh myself this week..but I feel good ;) i dont think i lost much weight coz I am building muscles.
  • thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I readjusted my weight to kilograms since that is what the scales are in here in Korea. Feels like a bit of a slow start to me but now that I got my official weight at the doctors office I feel better off to get stronger. I have a solid clear goal of 7 kilograms and I think I am ready to log my food as best as I can. I feel a bit like I could be disappointing as the group leader because I haven't been logging my food and don't have a weight loss the first week. I promise I will try harder to be a good leader.

I guess I just feel depressed that I am back to 68 kilograms when I was between 60 and 62 kilograms for so long. Then...I broke up with my ex-boyfriend. Which was a good thing but the weight I lost during our reltationship came flying back on my bones like nothing I ever expected. Guess I thought the weight loss would be forever just like our relationship. I will try try to lose the fat for only myself and not to impress anyone else.

Anybody else feeling less that fantastic or excited about this challenge.

Keep it up everyone who had good results.
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I do well with thinking about loosing X number of pounds with a firm goal date. I have a goal date for my over all weight loss but this is helping me by just looking at the portion of it that I need to loose by Feb 14 in order to achieve my ultimate goal. I'm pretty sure that once I reach my ultimate goal I will have to log calories for life. I can't be trusted not to gain the weight back! I've lost it before only to put it back on. I'll need to focus just as hard on staying trim as I focused on getting trim.
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thom2369, being honest, open, and real is what makes the support here. Don't get down on yourself! You started this group and that is what makes you a good leader. If you didn't struggle, you could not relate! With that being said, you can do this!
  • Fiftyshadesofweight
    Options
    I am really enjoying reading everyone's comments. Very motivating and supportive. I am disappointed I didn't lose. Finding it difficult with Christmas parties etc. however, I have to keep telling myself and practice that I can still enjoy the holidays without gaining a ton of weight.
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I did bad :( I was losing weight so well, even over Thanksgiving, then I ate pizza and chips last weekend. My weight shot up 5 pounds! What?? I'm trying to stay away from the scale for a few days and hopefully most of that is water weight.
  • groder123
    groder123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thom2369--you're a great leader! You started this group--which I'm grateful for--and you're sharing your experience, including the disappointments. These honest conversations are as motivating as the best success stories, because you're still here, still working toward your goal. And that's something to celebrate.

I didn't lose weight this first week either, but I'm so glad I went for three runs and did an extra core workout. See if you can focus on the things you're proud of...they don't have to be huge things, just little signs you're moving in the right direction. Maybe saying 'no' to an extra piece of pie, or choosing water over soda. Or starting a challenge for a healthy community!
  • skiporchid
    skiporchid Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was down 0.3 but I didn't stick with any of my plans to eat healthy or exercise. It's hard at this time of year but hopefully this week I can stick to it
  • thom2369
    Options
    SuzyH wrote: »
    Thom2369, being honest, open, and real is what makes the support here. Don't get down on yourself! You started this group and that is what makes you a good leader. If you didn't struggle, you could not relate! With that being said, you can do this!

Thank you! I feel more ready to try now that I got some good easy to count foods to start this week off with.
  • thom2369
    Options
    groder123 wrote: »
    thom2369--you're a great leader! You started this group--which I'm grateful for--and you're sharing your experience, including the disappointments. These honest conversations are as motivating as the best success stories, because you're still here, still working toward your goal. And that's something to celebrate.

I didn't lose weight this first week either, but I'm so glad I went for three runs and did an extra core workout. See if you can focus on the things you're proud of...they don't have to be huge things, just little signs you're moving in the right direction. Maybe saying 'no' to an extra piece of pie, or choosing water over soda. Or starting a challenge for a healthy community!

Thank you for helping my struggle with your nice words. I am proud of just getting up and working out. I feel so good about myself because I am trying to be healthier through exercise.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Today, the scale is finally starting to move in the correct direction again. Guess the body just needed to stay a the same weight for a bit.