Disney Dopey Challenge

Options
gitnfit2
gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
Just over 30 days and counting until I head to Disney World to compete in the Dopey challenge which the more I think about this the crazier it is. Training is going well and to be honest I am feeling strong even after some knee pain this past week. Crazy to think soon I will be doing 4 races back to back over 4 days. The down side is I am doing this as a fundraiser for my wife who is about to undergo Kidney transplant and/or dialysis. Right now we are planing this as a family trip but too be honest we don't know if she will be able to go if her kidney function continues to drop. Guess what I am doing now is swallowing my pride and reaching out for help from others. I have been trying to get the word out on this but I do not feel I am reaching enough people. If you have a moment and would like to help I would greatly appreciate it. Looking more or less to get the word out so that people who want can donate. I cant explain how different it is to be the one needing to look for help verses the one helping. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. http://patients.transplants.org/disneyrunformegan

Replies

• gitnfit2
    Options
    Recent update to this wife had to go have an ultrasound on her arm for dialysis implant...Some days reality sucks.
  • Solar07
    Solar07 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Gitnfit2 -- I know exactly what you re going through. I had a kidney transplant on Dec. 1,2013. I was on hemodialysis for almost 3 months then switched to peritoneal. It's all very challenging. If you don't mind I'll say a prayer for you both.
  • gitnfit2
    Options
    Please feel free to we appreciate that more than most know. Just got word from her Dr. that the clock has begun and if we do not transplant in the next 3 month she will start dialysis. Looks like your transplant took which is great. Thank you for the encouraging words and prayer.