water fast day 1

Options
babychris1
babychris1 Posts: 159 Member
Hey guys and girls, I'm 25 hours into my water fast, feeling great, did my Insanity workout today also, was day 1 of month 2.

Thinking maybe do a 3 day water fast, not many people on MFP agree with the fasting thing, they're kind of fixated on food, telling them to give up for a short time is something they don't agree with lol..

Also I Intermittent Fast as of about a month now.

So it's good to see some like minded people.

Would be interested in hearing some of your guys views, experiences, opinions etc...

Done a lot of research online about what actually happens when you fast so not a complete noob, and to be honest not really a big eater these days.

Like to add I am more in this for the long term health benefits rather than a quick fix in terms of weight loss.

Cheers, Chris

Replies

• hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just curious, are you doing this for detox purposes? I've never really heard of water fasting other than to lose some water weight quickly, so I am just curious what your reasons are for wanting to fast on water, since I attribute my water consumption to my health.
  • digitalblack
    digitalblack Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The first 3-4 days of a water fast are the hardest food wise. After that you switch to ketosis and your appetite goes away.

I'm on day 8 of my water fast at the moment and I don't really feel hunger anymore (except supper time when I come home from work, but I think that is psychosomatic).

If you are into fasting for repair/curing disease/detox, 3 days probably aren't going to cut it. You don't see lasting effects until day 10 or so (from my research), and for really severe things until day 30.

But be extremely careful about doing a long term fast like that. Lots of reading. Doctors advice is always suggested.
  • Flamencoflynnie
    Flamencoflynnie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I did a 12 day water fast when I was about 18. There was a book around in the 70's (Fasting for Health, I think). I read it so often, it was dog-eared by the time I actually came to do the fast. The book recommended going from conventional food by having a fruit / vegetable juice fast for a couple of days. Gradually reduce the juice until it is just water. My water only phase was 12 days and a couple of days either side with fruit juice. I did it solely for weight loss and lost about a stone (14lbs). I remember going into ketosis and really not feeling hungry but after about day 7/8 I began to feel a little weak. I did it during a time when I wasn't working so I was able to nap when I needed to. I don't know how I would manage a water fast if I had my usual schedule or was working out.

Well done to everyone during their fast.
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Day 1 today. About 11 hours in, getting ready to head to work. Feeling excited and a bit nervous. Really hoping to do at least 48 hours. I've been following a ketogenic lifestyle for the better part of this year and love it. Hoping I can jump start my 2016 goals with this water fast. I'd love to lose 5.8 pounds by Christmas but we'll see. So off we go.