December 6th - December 12th: What will your commitment be?

Options

Replies

• KrisM111
    KrisM111 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Trish, Matt (my OH) had the day off, so we started off the day going out for breakfast, which was fine, but then we went to a movie where I got buttered popcorn and raisenettes (bad decision). So, then I go into this all-or-nothing/free-for-all mentality (which is dangerous and I've always struggled with this) of - I may as well join him in getting pizza for dinner! Bad choices all the way around. I just let it spiral out-of-control.

I have to admit, I *still* struggle with the concept of "allowing yourself what you want in moderation" -- without letting that spiral into really bad choices.
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I too had a food party yesterday . . . Bagel Monday (thankfully it's once a month) and there was so much more than bagels. I ate a nice piece of cinnamon walnut strudel, I logged it ughhh! Then there was a birthday. The cake was light and the piece was small, I logged it ughhh! That's all I ate so far, nothing nutritious and I was keeping up with my water intake. Then I had dinner out with my sister and my youngest son. There were pitchers of beer, there were appetizers and then there was dinner. I didn't eat my whole dinner, packed up about half for my son to take for lunch today . . . there were many, many calories. With busy schedules connecting with family isn't done often enough. So it is what it is, I'm back on track today and life goes on.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @KrisM111 LOL the managers said the only person who would have ever hugged her would have been me all my other coworkers would have told her off. They consider me the nice one I honestly just fear for my life. When I am working with my other coworkers they are literally laughing themselves silly and teasing me something horrible about it. Oh this woman isn't finished they'll get their chance in the hot seat. I'm now staying out of her way.
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's a new day so it's okay. We pick ourselves up and start again. :)

I struggle with my husband trying to feed me all of the time. He's enjoying, so he wants me to enjoy as well. I am trying to get him to understand it's okay if I don't partake in treats just because he is. It might be an Indian thing...they are always trying to feed everyone! ;)
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Robin, I'm with you! "Back on track today & life goes on," indeed! All we can do is make better choices today. Just ran to the store really quick and picked up a bunch of fruits and veggies. Clean eating today and lots of lemon water. :smile:

@2020pinktogo -- When people are being unreasonable, they can't be reasoned with, lol, so best to stay out of the way altogether!

Trish, ha! Yeah, it is hard when you're with someone and they're eating all these yummy things. At least Indian food is somewhat healthy (isn't it??); Matt literally does not eat *any* fruits or vegetables -- well, except for the tomato sauce on pizza! lol! I am always cooking just for myself.
  • irishsungirl
    irishsungirl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of good support going on here! Nice, very nice! My week is going to be about staying on track. It's getting real now after 7 days of being on the path and all sorts of distractions and negative thinkings are trying to unhorse me. I won't have it! I'm staying on my horse and we are going to ride out this week!
  • AllieUK
    AllieUK Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty bad day today, and had to physically stop myself from eating the rest of my advent calendar chocolate (because I don't have any other treats in the house).
  • Living360
    Options
    oh Allie, as you read above some days are just like that. Start fresh right now, everything else is in the past.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I know I will be setting myself up tomorrow, but I will be making holiday cookies from scratch. Will I be able to control myself? Stay tuned.
  • livingyoung28
    livingyoung28 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

Its been a few days since I checked in....This week I'm asking everyone to say a prayer for my sister in California, her 25 year old son was killed in a car accident last Sunday morning. My husband and I are off to California for a few days to attend funeral and support my sister. Just so sad, no words...........so my goal this week is to just to love on my family. I wish you all a great week with your goals and I'll be back next week....
  • Living360
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. That's one of my worst fears. It happens all too often, the loss of one of our children in accidents. Really losing anyone is beyond words. Take care of yourself and check back in when you're up to it. Blessings and warm wishes to all!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

Its been a few days since I checked in....This week I'm asking everyone to say a prayer for my sister in California, her 25 year old son was killed in a car accident last Sunday morning. My husband and I are off to California for a few days to attend funeral and support my sister. Just so sad, no words...........so my goal this week is to just to love on my family. I wish you all a great week with your goals and I'll be back next week....

Praying for your sister, your whole family and for safe travel. So sorry for this terrible loss.
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Oh, @livingyoung28 -- I am so very sorry. I can not even fathom. :( My heart goes out to your sister and her entire family. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself and we'll be here. (((((big hugs))))
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Looks like a lot of good support going on here! Nice, very nice! My week is going to be about staying on track. It's getting real now after 7 days of being on the path and all sorts of distractions and negative thinkings are trying to unhorse me. I won't have it! I'm staying on my horse and we are going to ride out this week!

Stay strong! I got bucked off the horse the other day, lol, but all we can do is get back up and keep on it. What is it? Supposedly 21 days to make a habit? :)
  • irishsungirl
    irishsungirl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh no! That's terrible. @livingyoung28 I wish you strength to help your family deal with this loss. Thoughts of support and compassion to you and your family.
  • KrisM111
    Options
    AllieUK wrote: »
    I had a pretty bad day today, and had to physically stop myself from eating the rest of my advent calendar chocolate (because I don't have any other treats in the house).

Hang in there, Allie. One bad day will not erase the progress we make; it's when we let it turn into several bad days -- to several bad weeks, etc. I have to remind myself of that daily.
  • KrisM111
    Options
    NewOR2015 wrote: »
    I know I will be setting myself up tomorrow, but I will be making holiday cookies from scratch. Will I be able to control myself? Stay tuned.

Olga, how did you fare? I can not be around cookie batter! :/

• AllieUK
    Options
    @livingyoung28 That is so awful, I am only 24 and I know that I haven't reached my potential yet, and I imagine her son too had so much more left to do and see, to have it so suddenly be taken away.

My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • AllieUK
    Options
    KrisM111 wrote: »
    AllieUK wrote: »

Hang in there, Allie. One bad day will not erase the progress we make; it's when we let it turn into several bad days -- to several bad weeks, etc. I have to remind myself of that daily.

If you are having a bad down day, it is so easy to turn to food. But it turns into an endless cycle, because I am now unhappy with my fitness level, I don't feel like myself anymore! 21 days to break a habit (although that 21 days does include Christmas you know!!)

On an unrelated note, I attempted to go the gym yesterday. I say attempted because the city I am in has the worst road system ever, and after 2 hours (where I was soooo close to the car park but so far away) I ended up on the road home. Not on purpose! I think that 2 hours navigating busy traffic and impossible road systems is enough for anyone surely. Next time I am going to do star jumps in my room to get some exercise I think!
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @livingyoung28 - I am so, so sorry for your loss. Please travel safe. Keep us posted.