Trying to get back uggh

Options
kaysday
kaysday Posts: 256 Member
Falling way off somedays. I was doing so well omg. I was starting to figure as long as I stay in the calorie range I'll be fine. It started with "oh I can have just one cookie " to " oh I can eat a fast food MEAL" as long as it fits in my calories for the day. Yes I'm still losing (instead of 3 pounds a week 1 or 0.5 pounds a week. But I know this is a no no If I want to remain healthy. How did you, or how do you suggest I go about " getting my mojo back"?????

Replies

• kaysday
    Options
    Also... Reason I wrote this because example today, I ate fast food as my first meal and said to myself "oh I already messed up, I should just go get some cookies now to curb this sweet tooth I have" smh (oh it's bad) I thought I would be be good this journey. I was good for four months. I'm breaking now ugggh
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your goals then it really is fine. But...., I do know what you are talking about. Maybe you were being to restrictive before, which is why you are having a hard time going back to those habits. 3lbs a week is great when you are obese but it's not a great way to continue losing weight if you are trying to remain healthy. Maybe try changing your goal to 1 or 1.5 lbs a week and try and fit more of the things you love into your week. I have a friend that has lost 100lbs and eats McDonald's almost every day. You have to do whatever works for you. ;)
  • kaysday
    Options
    Thanks for the response!
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel but I think that it doesn't matter the amount that you are losing weekly as long as you lose. Remember the turtle won the race because even though he took his time, he was DETERMINED!

yileewvp23t5.png
  • kaysday
    Options
    Very true
  • kmanrique321
    kmanrique321 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to eat healthy and lose weight, incorporate more fruits & veggies in your diet. I know it's a broken record but it's true. I know I've got a huge sweet tooth & it gets me into soo much trouble. I kind I usually slip up when I've got no fruit in the house. I eat a lot of bananas, pears & apples. I also eat a lot of broccoli. When I do eat "fast food," I try to get Arby's bc I can get the salad w light dressing & a sandwich I enjoy & stay under my calorie limit. The sandwich I get most often is the roast beef classic bc it comes without cheese & sauces, so I can add my own. It's tough getting your mojo back, but it's a mindset. You need to focus on what you want: do you want to be healthy & continue losing weight or do you want to eat fast food & cookies? I know I want to eat burgers, fries, chocolate & cookies, but I like walking without pain & my clothes getting baggier a whole lot more. It's not easy but I remind myself every time I see the cookies. Sometimes I want to chocolate more (happened this week) but I also chose to put back the Ben & Jerry's this week too!! You can do this!! Stay focused & stay strong!!
  • ashafraz
    ashafraz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I read something once that really changed the way I see things. When you get a flat tire, you don't slash the other 3 just because one went flat. So when you have that day when you eat fast food and then think that you have screwed up and should just eat the cookies anyway, go ahead and have 2 or 3 cookies. Don't eat an entire sleeve of cookies (been there, done that, not a good idea...trust me :smile: ) But it's important to try again tomorrow. Don't let one bad day ruin a great 4 month journey! There will be some hiccups along the way, but the main thing is just to not give up. Take this journey one day at a time. If you had a good decision day, great! Try to do it again tomorrow. If you had a bad decision day, that's okay too. Just make tomorrow better. You can do this!
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ashafraz wrote: »
    I read something once that really changed the way I see things. When you get a flat tire, you don't slash the other 3 just because one went flat. So when you have that day when you eat fast food and then think that you have screwed up and should just eat the cookies anyway, go ahead and have 2 or 3 cookies. Don't eat an entire sleeve of cookies (been there, done that, not a good idea...trust me :smile: ) But it's important to try again tomorrow. Don't let one bad day ruin a great 4 month journey! There will be some hiccups along the way, but the main thing is just to not give up. Take this journey one day at a time. If you had a good decision day, great! Try to do it again tomorrow. If you had a bad decision day, that's okay too. Just make tomorrow better. You can do this!

I think the other thing too is that one day does not break you. Look at your whole week - especially during the holiday season. You may overeat on Christmas - but can you eat a little less the rest of the week? Or maybe get out for an extra walk to have some extra exercise calories? We all have days that don't go as well as we would have liked. But its a marathon, not a 50 meter dash to get to the finish line!
  • kaysday
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Got my mojo back and it feels great!!! One pound away from my Christmas goal!!! This feels awesome. Thanks again for the advice everyone. Forgot to update. Hoping it continues like this. I will take all things everyone said into consideration during the remainder of my journey