What is something you are looking forward to?

Options
chnkysoup
chnkysoup Posts: 79 Member
I was rocking my daughter to sleep for her nap this morning and thought gosh it would be so nice to be able to cross my legs. I haven't been able to do that comfortably in a looong time! I can't wait to be able to do that once this weight is gone!! What is something you are looking forward to being able to do once you lose the weight?

Replies

• xoxoamandaz
    xoxoamandaz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I know this may seem superficial but i want to shop.....I mean be able to go into a store and actually fit into clothes....not having to shop at only plus size stores. When I go to the mall there are only two stores that carry my size. Torrid and Melrose. I just want to feel good about the skin I'm in. I love myself but I'm disappointed in the way I've been letting myself go and can't wait to get on track!
  • chnkysoup
    Options
    I know this may seem superficial but i want to shop.....I mean be able to go into a store and actually fit into clothes....not having to shop at only plus size stores. When I go to the mall there are only two stores that carry my size. Torrid and Melrose. I just want to feel good about the skin I'm in. I love myself but I'm disappointed in the way I've been letting myself go and can't wait to get on track!

I hear ya! I haven't been able to shop in anything other than plus size for 10 years. I always feel embarrassed when I go into a store to shop for my daughter because I'm afraid the employees will think "doesn't she know we don't carry her size?" And have you noticed that stores that do sell plus size a lot of times the plus sizes are more expensive? I mean I get it there's more fabric I guess but man that sucks!
  • so583
    so583 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I want to be proud of my body and be able to fit into more clothes.
  • chnkysoup
    Options
    so583 wrote: »
    I want to be proud of my body and be able to fit into more clothes.

Yes, not being ashamed of how I look in pictures or around people I haven't seen in a long time will be one of the best things.
  • annamtrx
    annamtrx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have ONE pair of jeans that I can fit. One. Ninety percent of what's in my closet, I can't even wear. I'm anxious to be able to put on some of those things.
  • chnkysoup
    Options
    annamtrx wrote: »
    I have ONE pair of jeans that I can fit. One. Ninety percent of what's in my closet, I can't even wear. I'm anxious to be able to put on some of those things.

How crazy! I literally only have 1 pair that fits as well. My husband was like, do you only have 1 pair of jeans? I was like yes! I have a pair that I could fit into if I lost 15 pounds and then 1 more pair I could fit into if I lost 20-25 pounds.
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Le sigh...shopping somewhere other than a plus sized store? Sounds like heaven! I'm like you chnkysoup...always think the workers will think, what the heck is she even doing in this store? :( Somehow when I see you write it, I want to tell you, don't you dare feel that way, needing larger clothes isn't the end of the world, etc etc. Strange how we can be so much kinder with strangers than with ourselves...
  • chnkysoup
    Options
    Le sigh...shopping somewhere other than a plus sized store? Sounds like heaven! I'm like you chnkysoup...always think the workers will think, what the heck is she even doing in this store? :( Somehow when I see you write it, I want to tell you, don't you dare feel that way, needing larger clothes isn't the end of the world, etc etc. Strange how we can be so much kinder with strangers than with ourselves...

So true!
  • Pomodori
    Pomodori Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to not feeling like I'm dying every time I do a little bit of exercise, ha ha!

I used to huff and puff just going up stairs, I'm a little better than I was (now I've lost some weight) but I'm still far from where I want to be fitness wise.

With my new exercise introduction, hopefully it will boost my fitness and could even help me reach my weight/size goals faster.
  • Pomodori
    Options

I identify with this lots! Going into the store and trying on clothes (that I needed to fit my growing body) was something that very much spurred me into losing weight.

When I didn't fit into anything, I knew it was time to change.
  • xoxoamandaz
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!!!!! all of you lovely people!
    @Pomodori that was my eye opening moment too.....like why not me.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Right now the only thing I am looking forward to is January. I have been working overtime since Sept and it'll all stop come January. I'm just so tired.
  • Pomodori
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!!!!! all of you lovely people!
    @Pomodori that was my eye opening moment too.....like why not me.

It was so strange, because up until then, I'd just assumed I was a "normal" weight...mainly because I hadn't weighed in years and because I never allowed people to take my photograph.

Even when I was previously in the clothing store I was just "Oh well, they make clothes smaller to save on costs, I'm not really this size" and I made a load of excuses.

No more excuses now :-3
  • xoxoamandaz
    Options
    @Pomodori yes no more excuses we r going to be a new and better us!!!!!