December 6th - December 12th: What will your commitment be?

Options

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @livingyoung28 Always family first but if you need to turn to us for support we will all be here for you.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    @livingyoung28 My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care as you travel.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I have completed my cookie contract making about 14 dozen cookies and only eating about a cookie worth of cookie dough and no actual cookies. Plus, I logged it. A year ago, it would have been "One for you, and one for me. One for you, and one for me."
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    And if I was there last year I would have gladly taken the one for me, every batch! :p
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So I was having a good day...until the school secretary confused me for a colleague who is 8 months pregnant. I guess I should have second-guessed my decision to wear a chunky white sweater today. :neutral:
  • KrisM111
    KrisM111 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Allie -- omg, how frustrating! What city do you live in? Sounds like a nightmare!

Olga -- wtg, with the cookies! Freshly baked cookies are not easy to resist!! Good job!

Trish, I'm *sure* it was the sweater and maybe you have a similar haircut or something! You look wonderful. Chunky / oversized clothes can have that effect. I know because I wear them all the time to hide my stomach! lol!

LivingYoung28-- Thinking of you and your family!

How is everyone doing today? Another day down on the treadmill today. I upped my speed and am feeling more fit and less winded!
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    Aside from #sweatergate2015, I am doing well. I have worked out for four straight mornings in a row and going for my fifth tomorrow morning. I am out and about on Saturday and baking/cooking Sunday, so I wanted to make sure I got in a decent amount of exercise this week. My food choices are good too.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Trish, great job on getting your exercise done! I doubled my walk today because I know I am going to overeat tomorrow...Lunch out with one friend and dinner out with two other friends.
  • AllieUK
    AllieUK Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I live in Edinburgh and London, but I've had to move up to Aberdeen to work on client site, and it seems like I'll be here foreverrrrrrr!

At least I get to work from home on Fridays, which is why I currently haven't left my bed (which also means my diet is going well today because I haven't made it to the kitchen as of yet)
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    So I didn't make it to the gym this morning. I woke up with a headache (from taking a sleep aid last night) and my thighs still hurting from Wednesday's leg day. So I decided to listen to my body and sleep in a little more today. On the plus side, today is exactly 6 months since I started consistently logging with MFP!

Happy Friday everyone! I hope your weekend is great. :smile:
  • irishsungirl
    irishsungirl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was rough, but really not that bad. Had some low energy and felt weak. I took it as a sign to ease up and did not do my normal hike. But I ate fairly normal and then didn't meet my calorie goal because I didn't exercise. Small sigh of frustration.

But then a sweet little miracle - I logged in to MFP and my Fitbit and you know what today everything was set back to zero! Such a nice little reminder that every day is a chance to start clean. And I woke up with my normal energy and strength and got right back to my routine.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!
  • AllieUK
    AllieUK Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just been watching this film called Fat Sick & Nearly Dead on Netflix, has anybody watched it?

It is making me want to try a juice fast!
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    @AllieUK - I have seen the movie as well and it's a good one. Netflix has some great food and health related documentaries. I find them very fascinating. "Fed Up" is one of my favorites. It is important to remember, however, to take it all with a grain of salt. Each one of these documentaries has a bias of some kind.

Adding pressed vegetable juices to your regular diet isn't a bad idea but it isn't feasible long term. You really shouldn't juice fruit because you are only getting the sugar and not the fiber from the fruit. If you want to add it for the nutritional benefits, i.e. vitamins and minerals, it's not a bad idea. I know I am guilty of not getting enough fresh veggies in my diet. It took me a loooong time to learn there is no other method for long term, sustainable weight loss other than CICO - calories in v. calories out. Oh how I wish I could go back and tell myself that...I would have saved a ton of money in fad diets, fasts, and products.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Walked a ton yesterday with my husband. Doing well with food choices. Pre-planning is making a big difference.
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Hi everyone, will check back later. Heading to lunch and need to stay strong. Sometimes it's hard when there are so many delicious things on the menu! :D
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Eating out is hard, especially when I have my favorites on the menu. Today I went over my calorie limit (ate out for lunch and dinner) but was nowhere near the 3-4 thousand I used to pack in.
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    What is everyone doing this weekend?

We are heading to Napa today with my brother in law and some friends. Tomorrow I am planning on baking homemade gingersnap cookies for my Secret Pal at work.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @MrsVelapanur I'm avoiding doing some online training for my job...So I'm cleaning my garage this morning. I'll probably get to the training tomorrow afternoon...maybe.
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I did OK eating out yesterday, but I'm going to make a real effort this week to eat as cleanly as I can since I know next week will probably involve too many treats. Allie, I have watched that documentary and it was pretty inspiring to see how quickly the health benefits kicked in. I know, for myself, that would not be something I could stick to, but every now and then I try to have a day or two where I just eat raw fruits / veggies and I usually feel much better afterwards!

Trish, have fun at Napa! I have gingersnaps sitting in my cupboard right now -- Matt's favorite and thankfully it's one of the few kinds of cookies I'm not wild about, so I stay away! LOL

Olga, good luck cleaning the garage! Ours is in need of that, too. I buy way too much online so we have piles of cardboard boxes that need to be cut down. :P

Alright, off to get on the treadmill to fulfill my commitment for the week! I'm going to up the speed a bit today and see how it goes.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I had a great end to a good week. Got in 11 training sessions (goal was 10) even though I added an extra rest day due to exhaustion. Ate ok, but not brilliantly. Scale dropped back to my previous low (I avoided scale for most if the week as I was obsessing!) And totally rocked the cost at the party. Got loads of compliments, which are continuing with all the photos on Facebook. The best was one of the guys I so BJJ with, walked past me at the beginning of the evening and said hi as he went by. Then he stopped and turned around and came over to get me properly (hug) and say how great I looked. The expression on his face as he turned when he realised it was me, dressed like I was, was classic!