Options

Replies

• bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    12/6
    Green
    5/21
    Busy day of cleaning, shopping etc. I got a new vaccuum and got a little nuts trying it out. If you work up a sweat w a vaccuum, I think you get to count it as a workout (and as a sure sign you are officially "old" because that shouldn't have made me so excited!)
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins I bet your family has some wonderful history and stories! I love learning about the past like that. I've lost all my grandparents and parents now, so I try to remember as much as I can to pass along to my kids!
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    December 6, 2015
    Green today? 6/25
    Streak: 12 days
    Exercise today? 4/20

60 minutes on the treadmill unfortunately. Would have preferred a run outside but the day got away from me.

Tree is decorated, Christmas shopping started (usually done by Thanksgiving)., Christmas Vacation with the family tonight. Season is underway!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    12-4, 12-5 & 12-6
    Green: Yes, Yes & No
    Goal: 5/26
    Exercise: No, No & Yes
    Exercise Goal: 3/21

I've got to get my life together. It's been a busy weekend. Sorry I haven't checked in, and I hope all of you are well. I'll try to catch up tomorrow. I'm sleep right now. :)
  • jenthibert
    Options
    December 7, 2015
    Green today? Yes 7/25
    Streak: 13 days
    Exercise today? Yes 5/20

30 minutes on the treadmill, 5 warm up jog then 30 seconds really hard, 1 minute 30 second slow-ish, repeated 10 times and a 5 minute cool down. And Merry Core-mas exercises - haven't missed yet and did measurements Saturday. Lost 1/2 inch around my hips and upper abs, 1 1/2 around my lower abs! Still coughing but I feel fine.

@Laughter_Girl, lots of deep breathing... You'll get through.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    12/7
    Green, yes
    Total 6/21
    Exercise, yep!

Finally got my foot diagnosis..... plantar fascitis. Boooo! They took x rays and ruled out other stuff. No running, or anything that causes impact or pressure on my foot. Cycling is ok (which is what I've been doing plus wts). I've got orthotics, and some prescription anti inflammatory meds. Continue icing and stretching. I go back in a couple weeks to see how I'm doing. I kind of suspected it, and I'm glad it's not a stress fracture but I hate to be slowed down and losing all that mileage I'd built up to stinks!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    12-7
    Green: Yes
    Goal: 6/26
    Exercise: Yes
    Exercise Goal: 4/21

I did a little strength training this evening. I think I'll feel it in the morning, which is not a bad thing.

@jenthibert You were kicking booty today! Congrats on your inches loss too! Your core exercises are definitely working. I hope that nagging cough departs you soon.

@bbinoa So very sorry about the foot, but I'm glad it's not worse. Hopefully, following the doctor's orders will cause it to heal quickly. Try not to think about the mileage you're currently losing, and focus on the mileage you'll be able to tackle once you're 100%. ;) In the meantime, build those muscles.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    December 8, 2015
    Green today? Yes 8/25
    Streak: 14 days
    Exercise today? No 5/20

Rest day except for Merry Core-mas exercises.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    12-8
    Goal: 7/26
    Exercise: Yes
    Exercise Goal: 5/21

I just did a one mile walk today. I hope everyone is doing well.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    12/6 -8 - green -8/25
    Streak: 9
    Exercise - yes, no, yes 4/15

Two weeks and three days until Christmas. Let's keep our heads in this game and not let the goodies distract us. They are popping up in the break room daily now.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    Son's team dinner last night. Department lunch and gift swap today. Cookie baking with my daughter this afternoon for her school function. Busy, busy, busy with limited time to exercise when I need those extra calories the most, lol.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins, I'm with ya!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    12/8
    Green- nope!
    Exercise- nada!
    6/21 (not bad!)
    The day caught up with me too! Busy busy!! My husband's out of town for work (seriously- what company sends you to MN in December for a week in the midst of the holidays!?) so I've been doing double-duty. Basketball game for my stepson last night. I say no exercise, but I feel like I've been running all day. I was also just super hungry! One of those days I guess.

Sounds like you guys are right there w/me!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    12/9
    Green yes
    Exercise yes
    Total 7/21

Got back on track today. Super tired so will catch up later. Night!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    12-9
    Goal: 8/26
    Exercise:No

There was no time to exercise today, but I plan to do something tomorrow. Thankfully, I'm not as tempted to eat all the junk I use to. That certainly helps with keeping my weight down.

Stick with it ladies. You've got this!!!

• bbinoa
    Options
    12-10
    Chevy.... went over by 53!
    No exercise.
    Total 8/21
    Hanging in still.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    December 10, 2015
    Green today? Yes 10/25
    Streak: 16 days
    Exercise today? No 6/20

Rest day but mainly because of sheer busy-ness
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    12-10
    Green: No
    Goal: 8/26
    Exercise: No

Okay I thought I was going to get some exercise in, but like @jenthibert, I was too busy to do it. I would like to think tomorrow is going to be more promising as it relates to exercise, but that'll depend on if I can wake up a little early tomorrow. I'm planning to go to bed within the hour and that should help me I guess. I'll let you know what happens.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    12/9 Chevy green, no exercise
    12/10 green, yes exercise
    Streak 11 (1st 10 day complete)
    Green 10/25
    Exercise 5/15

My husband dragged me to the gym last night. He was going to lift with no spotter if I didn't go.

Today is corporate Christmas lunch. I don't know what it will look like calorie-wise.

And finally, the Grinch found his heart: Effective Monday, no OT until next year.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    12/11
    Green, yes
    Exercise, yea
    Total 9/21

Visions of pizza dancing in my head... I miss long runs on Saturday! I did get my weight workout in plus my cycling at the gym. My foots feeling better, hope it's on the mend!!
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins woohoo! An OT break! Yea! Enjoy.
    @jenthibert once things calm down you'll have to share what you've been doing for merry coremas. I love the name!
    @Laughter_Girl, hope you got some rest :)
  • jenthibert
    Options
    December 11, 2015
    Green today? Yes 11/25
    Streak: 17 days
    Exercise today? Yes 7/20

3.7 miles, treadmill. Ran 3 then walked to cool down. Decided to get my steps in so I picked up the pace for a bit til I hit 12,000 steps. And I've kept up with the Merry Core-mas exercises.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins, glad you're off ot for a little while!

@Laughter_Girl, how was the early morning exercise? I have a really hard time getting up. I'm awake and know I should just get it done but...

Weekend at a long swim meet. Kid has to be on deck at 6:45 tomorrow morning for the early session and if he qualifies we go back tomorrow night. Repeat Sunday. I just keep telling myself that I'll miss this.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    December 12, 2015
    Green today? No 11/25
    Streak: 0 days
    Exercise today? Yes 8/20

4.3 miles outside, first time in awhile. A little under 41 minutes.

Rest of the day was spent plopped on a bleacher at a swim meet. My son made it back to finals in two of his three events and placed 6th overall in one of them!

Hard to stay green at these things and I didn't.