Surgery is Monday!!!!!

Options
AceOfSpada
AceOfSpada Posts: 47 Member
Wow this is going to happen finally!!!

Wondering what pain will be like after. What's it like?

So excited but I'm sure I'll be nervous tomorrow

Replies

• OregonPete
    OregonPete Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It kind of felt like I just did a million sit ups. I was worried that I was going year something internally every time I moved for the first bit. I thinkvit really was muscles pain from them moving my ABS around to get the instruments in and out. Ask you doc if it will just be muscle pain or if you should worry. Knowing it was muscle pain would have deffinately saved a little worrying from me.
    Good luck! No regrets here.
  • OregonPete
    OregonPete Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tear not year... sorry
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Sore, but not crazy bad. When I first woke up, it felt like a large animal was sitting on my chest- it was kind of hard to breathe and that freaked me out a little. It is OK...your chest might feel a little compressed from all the air they put in your abdomen-- resultant pressure is what causes this feeling. Just relax and breathe- it goes away quickly. I had AMAZING recovery room nurses, too who were super nice and compassionate-- hoping the same for you- it goes a long way.
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Imagine the worst soreness you've ever felt the day after a new workout (like OregonPete said a million sit ups), all in the ab area, x10. It feels like what I would imagine getting repeatedly kicked in the stomach might feel like. You feel bruised and beat up but it's not that terrible. They medicate you pretty well. I think the worst part is the chest heaviness immediately after and trying to breathe deeply thereafter. Get up and walk as soon as they will let you. I am a week out and I still taking pain meds, but it is all in my abs. My incisions ache and itch too! Oh and sleeping has been tough. Normally I am a side sleeper and that is impossible right now because of where my incisions are, so I have had to sleep in a recliner or in bed propped to an almost sitting position with a ton of pillows. I am only getting about 1-2 hours a pop because I can't sleep well on my back.
  • tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i thought it was a breeze i was up and about that day the pain aint bad a lil tender you got this dont let them scare you
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i thought it was a breeze i was up and about that day the pain aint bad a lil tender you got this dont let them scare you

mine was pretty much the same. no major pain and it definitely didn't feel like I had been beat up or done a million situps
  • dd43vsg
    dd43vsg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's not bad which I can compare that to a hysterectomy and a C-section. Take chap stick my dry mouth and lips was the worst for me.
  • dd43vsg
    dd43vsg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's not bad but I can compare it to a hysterectomy and a C-section