December 13th - 19th

Options
KrisM111
KrisM111 Posts: 88 Member
dh9mzoe2r4dp.jpg

Hi everyone, did you meet your goals last week? What will you commit to this week?

I will do 4 days on the treadmill - upping speed for every three workouts by .2. I've been feeling so much better since starting -- I have to keep going! :)

@CaptainBoing -- sounds like you really rocked it & your hard work paid off! Go you! Very inspirational!

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It was awesome! I'm going for minimum 10 workouts again. I expect to exceed it but I do have work on 6 days in the next week which might make it difficult to reach my expected number of training sessions. I'm also going to aim for a low carb week (target is under 50 grams of carbs a day, not counting non starch vegetables) to help push the weight loss a bit. It is summer so salad, fruit, protein, yoghurt, avocados, yoghurt and occasional oat cereal will keep me very satisfied food wise (plus they are quick and easy to prepare in my busy schedule).
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. Last week was good. And I was feeling pretty motivated to do well this coming week (before attacking Christmas week). However, even though I'm wanting to go for it, my body is saying no. I've got a slight headache, a runny nose, and just an overall weak feeling. No fever, but I'm going to rest today and drink plenty of fluids.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    gs6tv1fxa63v.jpg

@CaptainBoing You look awesome in your black & red corset photo. You must be so proud! Congratulations!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I feel better this morning but am disappointed that I had no weight loss for the week. (I didn't gain either.) How am I going to be in a fancy corset photo someday if I don't lose weight? I guess I will have to continue to hide behind the big red apple. :)
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Thanks! @NewOR2015 just keep going. There were many times when I didn't lose weight during my journey, which still isn't over! The last few weeks I have been pushing really hard to drop to competition weight so I just have to maintain and it isn't going down. Today I did a body assessment scale thing and discovered that in the last two weeks I have added 1.7 kgs of muscle and dropped 3.3% body fat. Explains why it stuck and encourages me to keep doing what I am and it will eventually drop. Building muscle as you drop slows it down but the muscles and strength that come are so worth it! I could have dropped much faster but I would not look nearly as good. Keep going and you will get to rock the corset!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed last week's trip out of town, but it's good to be home this morning. Was able to stay on target by doing some snack and restaurant pre-planning and by doing a ton of walking/sightseeing/shopping while away. Looking forward time at home this week. This trip has encouraged me to continue walking a lot more at home. Have a great week everyone!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @CaptainBoing love the corset photo too Goals for this week just to exercise daily and to stay within my calories. I have been working a ton of overtime and I'm getting very tired so I should also add to rest when needed.
  • irishsungirl
    irishsungirl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Stayed on track last week - AND got to have pie. What??? Yes, it is possible to have it all. Ok maybe not all, as I didn't eat all of the pie. But still there was pie and it was glorious. Just took a little planning, exercise and paying attention to my body in the moment. Yay!

This week my goal is to add in two weight sessions (the weight being my own body), and two full yoga sessions. Get'n strong!!

@NewOR2015 - So...I did a boudoir photo shoot a few years ago. I was not at my very fittest, but I did it for myself because so often my view of my body has been terribly skewed. It was scary, but INSANELY powerful. The women I worked with were amazing and they really knew how to make you feel beautiful and the pictures are something I will treasure when I'm 80. I could see for the first time my own beauty, flaws and all. I owned it all. I would highly suggest this for every woman at any weight or fitness level.

And yes, I did have a bit of liquid encouragement, which was part of the fun.
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I did meet my goal last week of working out five days during the week. I did Monday - Thursday and then Saturday. My goal this week is to continue working out at least five days per week. I would like to work on my eating a bit as well, as the holidays and my brother in law's visit have brought a lot of opportunities for yummy food. Realistically, I am not expecting to lose anything during the holidays but my goal is to not gain anything.

We went to Napa on Saturday and I definitely enjoyed myself, with food and liquid form. I probably drank more calories than I ate, which is often the case when we go wine tasting. :) On Thursday this week I have a staff holiday luncheon and that evening, a holiday social for my Jewish women's group. I plan on enjoying myself but not going overboard.

Have a great week everyone!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Hello everyone! I did meet my goal last week of working out five days during the week. I did Monday - Thursday and then Saturday. My goal this week is to continue working out at least five days per week. I would like to work on my eating a bit as well, as the holidays and my brother in law's visit have brought a lot of opportunities for yummy food. Realistically, I am not expecting to lose anything during the holidays but my goal is to not gain anything.

Have a great week everyone!

Great job with the exercise! Keeping up with the exercise may help with some of the yummy food too. :)
  • BeautyNovice
    BeautyNovice Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted in a couple weeks, but I've been on track. Worked out every day for 30 minutes minimum the past two weeks. And I've stayed within my calorie deficit this week. This week I'm on business travel. My goal is to keep up my workout program, minimum 30 minutes a day, and to maintain my weekly deficit. Business travel has been difficult on my diet in the past, but I've gotten off to a good start. Healthy week everyone!
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    @JMarcella57 - thank you!

@BeautyNovice - great job keeping up your routine!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    It's great to see that everyone is staying on track despite what life throws at us. Stay positive and keep at it. I had wonderful walking weather this afternoon and enjoyed every minute. Now, I'm trying to plan a good dinner so that I'll have an overall healthy day.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Regarding the corset and/or boudoir photo...I won't say never...but that's not happening anytime soon. :)
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    It's amazing the difference it makes in my day/weight loss to simply get 7 to 8 hours of sleep at night. It's also amazing how illusive that can sometimes be. :|
  • Dory_42
    Options
    I have been on a plateau for 6 weeks. It has been very frustrating because I train HARD and generally eat well. I have been doing a similar thing to what worked for the whole year, but I have amped up my training as we head towards competition. I need to be 68 kgs or under to fight in the weight division I want (or I fight at the bottom of the 70 plus division which means I can fight someone MUCH bigger than me.) Today I got on the scale before training and it was nearly a kg down from my previous low 6 weeks ago!! WooHoo. Still have to drop another 2 kgs but I have two months and at least it is moving!
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    @JMarcella57 - if I don't get a full night's sleep, my weight fluctuates significantly. Unfortunately I am a very light sleeper, married to someone who could sleep through an atomic blast. He moves too much and makes too much noise. He is going out of town for a few days starting tomorrow so I am looking forward to getting some great sleep in his absence!

@CaptainBoing - great job on the loss! My weight has been a bit stagnant since Thanksgiving. I am going to amp it up after the holidays and just try to stay on point through December.
  • livingyoung28
    livingyoung28 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I have returned from California, thank you for all your support. I'm still fighting the need to sleep after that quick trip to California. My sister is doing ok and hopefully she will heal in time. It was great to hear from so many people how my nephew touched their lives at such a young age.
    I will make my goal this week just to get back into staying positive,healthy eating and going to gym. Eating here and there for the past week and not the best food. I do not want to look at the scale. Looks like everyone is doing well, glad to see.
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Thanks! @NewOR2015 just keep going. There were many times when I didn't lose weight during my journey, which still isn't over! The last few weeks I have been pushing really hard to drop to competition weight so I just have to maintain and it isn't going down. Today I did a body assessment scale thing and discovered that in the last two weeks I have added 1.7 kgs of muscle and dropped 3.3% body fat. Explains why it stuck and encourages me to keep doing what I am and it will eventually drop. Building muscle as you drop slows it down but the muscles and strength that come are so worth it! I could have dropped much faster but I would not look nearly as good. Keep going and you will get to rock the corset!

Phenomenal! So inspiring.. thanks for sharing with us and I'll echo what the others have said, you rocked it and deservedly so. Not sure I will ever squeeze my *kitten* into a corset, lol, but, that said, inspiring none the less. :)
  • KrisM111
    Options
    NewOR2015 wrote: »
    I feel better this morning but am disappointed that I had no weight loss for the week. (I didn't gain either.) How am I going to be in a fancy corset photo someday if I don't lose weight? I guess I will have to continue to hide behind the big red apple. :)

LOL @ hiding behind big red apple -- from the fat cat. :) I hear you -- I've been pretty stalled for the last week or so, but that's to be expected some weeks, right? I haven't been feeling well either ... have a cough I can't shake, so probably a sign we need to take care of ourselves.