December's goals (fa la la la laaaa)

Replies

• indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    I'm with you unfortunately on the cold. I'm such a baby when I'm sick no workouts this week...
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    1) stop the pity party
    2)90 lbs 1RM for OHP. My last tested 1RM on OHP was 6 weeks. I think I might have been able to get 85 lbs if I had been fresh. I am running just smolov jr on OHP for the next 3 weeks as my tailbone heals up.
    3) continue/get back to logging consistently and weighing consistently. I need the data
    Mid-month checkin
    1) Pity party has finished and the clean up complete (back down to the weight I was before)
    2) I am making progress on this. Got 10 x 3 @ 80 last Friday.
    3) I am back on the logging train. Weigh-ins are also happening most mornings (I am a little forgetful at 4 am...)

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    Rest day today so I did kettle bell swings, 10 pound weight, single arm, for 20 minutes.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    May I hop in? I've been doing SL for a few months now...
    Goals?
    1. Lift 3x/week, and do something active (run/walk?) 2x/week
    2. Eat more, and more freely
    3. Maintain through December
    4. Add accessory lifits to end of each session, minimum 2, 4 is better
    5. Finish chiropractor/dr back and neck sessions...

So far, I'm hitting these goals. I am up 2 lbs right now, but should be back down in a few days. Eventually I'd like to shed some more fat, but I'm going to work on the lifting first, and then start slowly lowering my calories and cleaning up my food choices a bit...I've been dieting for 20 years and recently realized I need to stop! Working on metabolism boosting and enjoying life more fully!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    krokador wrote: »
    I haven't been very successful with this whole goal setting thing as of late... Let's try to make it a bit easier on myself:

1. Make a list of goals :wink:
    2. Stick to the Hero Manmaker challenge for the whole month (see workout check-in thread for more info)
    3. Get down to 195lbs by the 20th, when my "holiday vacation" starts. All bets are off between 21st and 26th
    4. Try to average at last 6:30 hours of sleep per night during the week (crappy start so far)
    5. Get in at least 3 LISS sessions of at least 15 mins each during the month
    6. Same as #5 for yoga
    7. Brush up on the hip mobility system I got around this time last year and take in the content of the one I got for shoulders. I paid for these programs, might as well use them!

Halfway mark check, let's see how we're doing!
    1. Haha, woop! Check!
    2. Haven't done today's ebcause I just needed sleep this AM, but they will get done before dinner. Heck, they will be my buy-in for dinner. So far, so good!
    3. Sitting at 196 this AM. After workout & bath I've got this 195 thing hehe
    4. Nope. That's basically my sleep average, including weekends... :/
    5. 1 down, possibly another one today at lunch, on the right track!
    6. 2 down, 1 more to go!
    7. *cough*nopeihaventhadachance*cough*

So, so far I'm only off on 2 out of 7 (well, lets say 6 xD) and one I can still catch up on. Sleep is a lost cause, I guess...
  • fanncy0626
    edited December 2015
    Mid month check in!

December goals
    1. Increase weights on Stronglifts 5x5
    2. Weight lift at least 3 x a week
    3. Kettle bell swing nonweight lifting days 20 minutes
    4. 8 hour diet window
    5. 8 power foods
    6. 8 cups of water
    7. Follow night time snacking prevention methods
    8. Lose 5 lbs
    9. Do the five day fast

I have increased my weights, lifted at least three times a week and on the non lift days I do the kettle bell swing. The eight hour diet window is easy because I'm never hungry in the morning. I have trouble with the eight power foods because I do not eat berries every day. I am probably 90% or better on the 8 cups of water. I am doing really well with preventing nighttime snacking. The losing of the 5 pounds is going to be difficult with all the holiday treats. If I can lose a pound or two I will be extremely happy. I have lost nothing up to this point. I am doing the five-day fast at this time tomorrow is my last day. The only thing that it is helping me do is I lost the 3 pounds that I gained prior to it from over eating at a special event. I should've put down to maintain my weight for the month of December!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    kimiuzzell wrote: »
    So, I've not seen a thread started for this...hope I am not treading on anyone's toes by doing so!

My goals for this most difficult of months are as follows:

1) Lift 3 times a week
    2) Squat 60kgs (did 55 yesterday)
    3) increase weights generally, maintaining form.
    4) be foodwise where possible but don't fret when festivities take over!
    5) Enjoy family time

Over to you!!

So far....
    1) yup, no difficulty in motivating myself to do this.
    2) getting comfortable with 57.5kgs so far
    3) yes...pleased with progress, no matter how small
    4) doing alright so far...getting a reasonable balance and enjoying it all!
    5) my kids have now gone to the Alps for winter. I'm looking forward to quality time with hubby!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    1. Increase weights on all lifts. I have moved from pre-weighted bars (20-40 lbs) to the Olympic bar - yay! Gotta keep moving forward!
    2. Get to 199.2 lbs by Dec 31 (8 lb loss for December).
    3. Start using whey protein shake supplement in place of my usual "not enough protein" afternoon snack.

Dec 15th check in:
    1. Check!! I have increased weights on all lifts! Yayy!! Some better than others. My squats - I kept increasing but my form was off, so I've dialed it back, got help with form, now slowly increasing again. All other lifts are definitely better and using more weight.
    2. This will be tougher than I thought. Currently at 205.4. Is it possible to hit 199.2 by Dec 31? Yes. Will it happen? Maybe??!!
    3. Check!! Having one protein shake daily!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Mid-month check in time.

1. Finish NorthWest - Still on chapter 13 but am making progress, a little bit every day. It's a longish chapter so I'm over half way at this point in that one.
    2. Selfie December challenge - Have a picture or more up every single day so far. Today was easy cause coworker took some pics for me, so I used those.
    3. Catch up in contests/reviews - not even close yet. It's overwhelming with how far behind we are, plus I worked on my day off, but going to keep trying. I want to get caught up in prizes asap, then worry about the rest when the contest is on vacation.
    4. Lift heavy weights and jog - So far am doing okay. Did a 40 minute jog outside and will try to do hour on treadmill next week. Lifting continues as usual, though down a little from that pesky cold.
    5. Stick to calorie range most of the time - Doing okay. I did go over yesterday but I'm okay with going over the deficit calories once every couple of weeks. Haven't decided yet if the next one will be Christmas Eve or Christmas day, as I work both and will have treats available there.
    6. Target weight = 135 - Recent scale numbers have been 136, so am doing pretty good. Long as I don't gain any, then goal will be, for the most part, achieved.

Still a lot to work on and going to be busy with the holidays. We are currently staying open at work until midnight leading up until Christmas, and from now on, every day that I work, I get the midnight shift. Switching gym to before work instead of after due to that. Still making progress and hope to have a steady, strong end of the year.
  • indianarose2
    Last month was a total bust so this month I'm:
    1. Looking to maintain
    2. Strive for as many workouts as is feesible due to travel and family commitments. No metrics...
    3. Research 5-3-1
    Success = no weight gain over the holidays!

Well.... I'm maintaining.
    Workouts are just not happening with end of the year appointments and Christmas prep :-/ Maybe next week.
    Still not sure about 5-3-1.
    Love seeing everyone's progress and hard work!!
  • fanncy0626
    edited December 2015
    :)
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    I've eaten more than one cookie most days. But dang they are delicious!
  • ketomama14
    ketomama14 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi All! I'm new to the site and the group, but am so excited to have found some other lifting ladies!

I know we are over halfway through this month, but I thought I'd at least jot down my goals for this month:
    1. Maintain my SL workouts 3x/week with the addition of one day of 5x5 front squat
    2. Hit a 115 pound 5x5 front squat
    3. Walk daily - weather and children permitting

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    @ketomama14 welcome aboard!!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Here to report I made the weight goal for the 20th! I was at 195.4 this morning! (and 193.6 after workout, breakfast and hot bath, haha). The goal for the next week is to remain within 2lbs of this without tracking, and then finish the month UNDER 195 :)
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    yay krok!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    way to go @krokador
  • indianarose2
    Happy dance for you Krok!!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    awesome job @krokador !!