What have you been eating lately?

Options
thom2369
thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
Any reliable go-to meals you have been eating lately? Mine has been this one a few times a week. It's pretty boring but its giving me a start.

100g grilled chicken breast
1 cup steamed broccoli and cauliflower and carrots
150~g steamed sweet potato

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I usually start the day with 1 or 2 cups of coffee with fresh milk and raw honey. My first food for the day is typically an egg with a slice of Sprouted Grains Cinnamon Raisin Bread and organic jam.

@thom2369 - Your go to meal is something that I would totally be eating. We eat a lot of broccoli and carrots. I also like to bake whole sweet potatoes and regular potatoes in the oven because I can cook a variety of sizes and let each family member add what they would like. So I can have a smaller potato with a little added butter while my husband and adult sons can have a large potato loaded with everything in the fridge!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Anything with avocado!!! Seriously, it's the wrong time of year for a tropical fruit craving!!!
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My go to snack is a grilled vegetable sandwich with vegan cheese and a bowl of either green salad or tomato soup. Quick, easy to make and delicious!
  • Madison_LH
    Madison_LH Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love sweet potatoes a couple of different ways. It's super easy to make healthy sweet potato fries by cutting up a potato, drizzling with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, sprinkling with salt, and baking at 400 for around 30 minutes (stir a few times).

My go to method, though, is baking a few at the beginning of the week, peeling them, and storing them in the fridge. Then I'll have one with 2 tbsp almond butter, vanilla, and cinnamon. It's divine and can practically be a meal on its own. It makes a great breakfast too.
  • thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Madison_LH wrote: »
    I love sweet potatoes a couple of different ways. It's super easy to make healthy sweet potato fries by cutting up a potato, drizzling with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, sprinkling with salt, and baking at 400 for around 30 minutes (stir a few times).

My go to method, though, is baking a few at the beginning of the week, peeling them, and storing them in the fridge. Then I'll have one with 2 tbsp almond butter, vanilla, and cinnamon. It's divine and can practically be a meal on its own. It makes a great breakfast too.

Yum that sounds good! I wish I had an oven but I have made do in Korea for 3 and 1/2 years without one.

Yesterday I mashed a steamed sweet potato and cooked it with some coconut oil and sprinkled with cinnamon. It was amazing. Especially because it is some sort of cross between a squash and a sweet potato they have over here??? Super sweet and yummy.
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I do more snacking during the day than actual meals. My go to snacks are greek yogurt, avocado, eggs, nuts, string cheese, cheddar cheese, protein bars and protein shakes. Dinners are meat and veggies. (I have to eat lower carb, jsyk) :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    my go to meal is cauliflower mash with horseradish cheddar.
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same thing every morning: coffee with soy milk, and oatmeal.

But this last week I had WAY too many Christmas cookies, ha. I still tracked, and have no regrets, but hopefully I got the cookie nomm-ing out of my system for awhile.