1 month post op!!

Options
AngieViolet
AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
today marks 1 month for me! I'm down 20lbs, I'm up to walking 1.5 miles every morning (I'm gonna start taking one day off per week to add in aerobics), and I'm back to work. Work is HARD! I used to be able to get by with 3-4 hrs sleep and jump in head first in the morning. Now my morning routine is about 2 hrs, and I need 7-9 hrs of sleep a night. My energy level is getting better! My cals are between 520-640 on average, and my protein is at 65-75. I'm not having any trouble with my water because I have a pretty good timeline in place for eating and drinking. Every week brings something new. It is so exciting.

Yesterday I was talking to someone who described themself as a fat girl in a skinny body after surgery. It's odd, I feel the opposite. I've been living a healthy and purposeful lifestyle for the better part of the year, and I feel like this is the real me and I was just on autopilot before. Yay! Healthy girl in a shrinking body!

Replies

• bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You have a terrific attitude! Thanks for sharing your progress. Keep up the good, hard work! :)
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work and definitely keep the great positive attitude going
  • creepykbear
    creepykbear Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You're doing so great!
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Thank you all sooo much! This morning it took EVERYTHING that I had to get out of bed, let alone exercise! I feel like I WON for the day because I accomplished both and upped my walking from 1.5 miles in 34 mins to 1.9 in 38 mins...now I wanna go back to bed. Funny how I shifted my focus from work to ME! Hahaha. Sadly....now I have to go to work! When am I gonna find out that I'm an heiress and get to just do my thing and look pretty for a living? This reality thing and being a "ADULT" is really cramping my style hahaha.
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    I totally should have gone back to bed this morning. To use the term "exhausted" would be cute....I'm functioning in zombie mode! I tried tuna today...baaaad idea! I got tuna packed in water, drained, and added green chile stew and light sour cream so it was nice and moist. Tuna was the only new food in here for me. I took two tiny bites over 10 mins. My tiny tummy said "hells no!" I got pale and burpie and droolie so I closed myself in my office. It hurt and was scary. At this wonderful time, a coworker came and got me for a problem in the production plant. WONDERFUL! I hauled my butt out in the plant, solved the issue, walked over to instruct the team on what to do...then RAN to the bathroom. I've been terrified of puking since surgery, but it wasn't as bad as I'd thought it would be. The scariest part was my team seeing me run lol...that is a rare occurrence hahahaha. I'm still a bit nauseous, but I'm trying some light ricotta. It's been 5hrs and I'm still feeling rough. I'm SOOOOOOO tired. Totally trashing my protein and water goals for the day. I'm dragging my butt to bed.
  • Autum1031
    Autum1031 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 1 month mark, angie, but I'm sorry to hear about today's food misadventure! Hope you feel much better tomorrow.
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Thanks Autum! I'm feeling better this morning. I'm still beat. First week back to work is hard. I soooooo wanna call off today. I don't quite have the energy to do my treadmill this morning, but I'll try to do my aerobics tonight. Maybe I can sneeknojr out of work a bit early. I'm sooooo glad that I took the extra week off! Here is to a great day!!
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Two steps forward, one step back some days, right? Hang in there!
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Thanks bcedl! Today is going great! I left work early and now I'm off to go shopping! Yay!!