Find Friends: Surge Owners

Options

Replies

• HotProwl
    HotProwl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Is there a trick to linking the surge to MFP? It shows on the apps, but not getting any info (steps)??
  • RiverWild
    RiverWild Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me - I definitely need to stay motivated. I'm fitbit user: https://www.fitbit.com/user/2CBXX9
  • RiverWild
    RiverWild Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    HotProwl wrote: »
    Is there a trick to linking the surge to MFP? It shows on the apps, but not getting any info (steps)??

On the website I found my steps under reports, then fitbit steps.
  • HotProwl
    HotProwl Posts: 7 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    RiverWild wrote: »
    HotProwl wrote: »

On the website I found my steps under reports, then fitbit steps.

Figured it out. I was looking for it when you click Steps, guess that's just for setting it up. It shows my steps on the Home page and in my Diary. Its now linking all activity from my Surge. Thanks!
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    //www.fitbit.com/user/3KZTYN
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    add me here and on fitbit :) //www.fitbit.com/user/2WNXXJ

Oh, also for anyone who's been having an issue with skin irritation wearing the Surge, I found an awesome cover being sold on Etsy (search for fitbit covers). I'm really happy with the one i bought (I chose pink camo) and it covers the band area but has opening section for the screen and back area. I have sensitive skin, so I was worried about getting a reaction to the band- the cover is really comfortable and now I'm not worried about getting a bad reaction. :)
  • 907Desiree
    907Desiree Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    www.fitbit.com/user/3JYMFN
  • AngusTheAssassin
    Options
    I'm using a Charge right now but getting a Surge for Christmas.

https://www.fitbit.com/user/39RTP4
  • Pol3cat
    Pol3cat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've had my Surge for about a year now. How are you finding it?
  • judoeric
    judoeric Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    //www.fitbit.com/user/2BC9MS
  • theyarddog
    theyarddog Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit Surge is a design disaster. The non-breathable strap gives a lot of people a rash. The non-changeable strap makes the whole thing junk, if it breaks. The watch is not water-proof, not even splash proof, and even in just high humidity will fog-up. There are hundreds of posts, on these design failures, on their Community website. I expressed this to them on Twitter, and got banned. I expressed this to them on their Community website, and got banned. They have big problems and are trying to ignore it.
  • Tiabessa63
    Tiabessa63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! Just opened my Surge for Christmas and so excited!! I'm Beth and I'm trying to start exercising and losing some weight.

http://myfitnesspal.com/user/Postalgurrl23/profile/Postalgurrl23
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    theyarddog wrote: »
    The Fitbit Surge is a design disaster. The non-breathable strap gives a lot of people a rash. The non-changeable strap makes the whole thing junk, if it breaks. The watch is not water-proof, not even splash proof, and even in just high humidity will fog-up. There are hundreds of posts, on these design failures, on their Community website. I expressed this to them on Twitter, and got banned. I expressed this to them on their Community website, and got banned. They have big problems and are trying to ignore it.

Go buy something else.

That's how free market works - take your money elsewhere. I'm sure they'll suffer.
  • jasonrashaad
    jasonrashaad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Owned my Surge for a few months but just now getting back into MFP. Hope I'm doing this right.

https://www.fitbit.com/user/3N7KTJ
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Just got my surge for Christmas I just don't find it very accurate for treadmill running. Between 4 gyms there are about 60 different treadmills I've run on and are all about the same reading for miles and calories burnt Tomorrow I'm going to try just walking on the treadmill and see if it matches. As for running there is s big difference downing surge.