Introduce Yourself!

Options
Leebett
Leebett Posts: 238 Member
Let us know your goal where your at and where you want to be. What will achieving this goal mean for you. Let's start this year projecting positivity!

Replies

• resilientmom
    resilientmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I'm all in for this, in fact, I've started my eating healthy and workout plan as of today. I surely didn't want to put on any more weight anticipation the first of the year. I'm pushing towards that 100lb goal for sure! I know it's not going to be easy but it will be well worth it!
  • emf2az
    emf2az Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 48 years old and I would like to lose at least 100 lbs. I have 2 kids, 9 and 6, and I would like to be around a long time! My mom's 93 and I expect to live that long, too, but not at 100 lbs overweight. I'm all in! I've already started and I hope to not gain over the holidays.
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I hope it's ok, my goal is only (ha! Only...) 90 pounds for 2016...I'm down almost 70 now.
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am 41, a mom of one, a wife and full time employed.
    I started my current weight loss plan on Oct 12th @ 273.5 and my 'official' loss so far is 17.4lbs.
    I do not have an ultimate goal yet as looking at 100+ was just too much.
    I'm looking forward to a healthier 2016!
  • KarenGa4
    KarenGa4 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 55, Christian, wife and mom. I started my weight loss journey in Dec. 2014 at 476 lbs., I am 406 lbs now. I want to lose another 225 lbs., 100 lbs in 2016. I haven't started exercising yet, 2015 I focused on healthy eating, 2016 I want to incorporate more.
  • jenjen0719
    jenjen0719 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I started my new healthy life 101 days ago. I've lost 37lbs so far with 100+ to go. Looking forward to this time next year....100 lbs less! :)
  • Cheryl7777
    Cheryl7777 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I started at 390 and am now at 319. I don't have a final goal but think in total it will be to lose 250 pounds. It would be wonderful to lose 100 pounds in 2016, so I'm all in on this one. Looking forward to getting to know all of you better. Oh yeah, I'm female and I'm 64 years old.
  • WitchyKisses
    WitchyKisses Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've tried the weight loss thing for about 6 months 2 years ago and life got in the way. I'm back and ready to get this done. I have yet to reach my heaviest since the initial weight loss, but i'm only a few lbs away from reaching it again. I'm 27 and I'm looking to lose 120lbs, but I'll be happy if I lose 80-100lbs by Dec 31, 2016.
    I'm thinking of joining the gym again in the new year, but for now I have my Wii Fit and will eat as best as I can. Here's hoping that I can reach this goal with all of my limitations.

Best of Luck!
  • bgmoses
    bgmoses Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started my weight loss journey December 1 of this year. I'm 60 and recently retired now time to focus on me. Shooting for the 100 pound mark. When you have to think about if the restaurant has booths or tables and if you will fit comfortably then it is past time to get serious about weight loss. That has been my wake up call. Funny how you can look in a mirror and not see what the rest of the world sees, just what your mind wants to see but somehow your clothes keep shrinking. So either I need a new dryer or lose weight. Might be easier to get a new dryer however the reality is that it is time to lose this weight. Thanks for letting me vent. Together we can do it. Good luck to you all.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 65 married 41 years. Just finished ED intense rehab, Emily program. I have 190 pounds to lose, need knee surgery but Drs won't do it until 100 off. Don't want weight surgery, have too many friends gain it all back plus more. Healthy eating and normalizing food isthe only way! Come walk the journey with me! Gayle Minneapolis
  • msalewske0001
    msalewske0001 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 51 years old. My 17-year-old son lost 40 lbs. I lost 20 lbs about one and a half year ago but I gained some back. I have to lose 100 lbs for the doctor to change that ugly word "obesity." My mother language is German. So excuse my English. I believe that this group will be a great support and wish everybody success to achieve their goals.
  • NCGatorJen
    NCGatorJen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! Well I turn 44 tomorrow and really need a change. I'm married and have the most awesome 3 yr old in the world. I'm at 250lbs and keep going up and I know it has to stop. I'm an emotional eater and have had some major stressful events in the last 4 months and I need a better way to handle things.

I want to be around for my child and to start living life again. I'm a habitual WW joiner and have had success in the past but I never get to my goal. I thought about joining again but why? I'm a smart cookie and know what to do to lose weight. I really need the support and accountability and hoping I can find it here.
  • Kristieackert
    Kristieackert Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have gained 30 over the last three years after taking on a new job with a lot of stress. I was already overweight, so I am now looking at a long journey. I am beginning with 50 and go from there. I started on Nov.19 and have lost 12 so far, trying to log all my food and walking at least 2 miles a day.
    I want to feel less tired throughout my work season. I travel a lot which presents a particular challenge.
    Congrats to everyone for making this commitment and good luck. I will look to you for motivation and hope to be support for anyone who needs it.
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I've sent everyone a friend request so please accept and feel free to friend each other. We're not going to do this alone. I guess I forgot to tell you my story although it sounds like we all are in a similar boat. Three years ago I was sick and tired of being sick and tired and joined mfp. Through that process I lost about 70lbs and was finally able to get pregnant. Fast forward a couple years and I have a beautiful 16month old boy, but in the process gained back about 50lbs. Now is the time that I need to recommit and lose the weight for good! I know that I can do anything that I set my mind too!
  • MommaLovesToLoseIt
    MommaLovesToLoseIt Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi there, everyone, it's nice to join the group. I started at about 354 in September, and have lost 53 since then. I want to ultimately get down to 160-170, but 200 by the end of 2016 would be amazing!! I look forward to following this group.
  • HiyaItsMariah
    HiyaItsMariah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hooray!! I'm so glad that you started this Group @Leebett !!!

My name is Mariah and I am currently 23 years old. I started my weight loss journey on my 23rd birthday -- Dec. 17 and it has definitely been one of the hardest decisions I have ever made. I've always been the "Big Girl" in my family; however, that never truly phased me. It wasn't until my 5ft., 107 lbs sister was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes from an absence tooth, I got my reality check. If she could get it, it's definitely possibly for me considering my weight. (235 lbs). I am really looking forward to being part of this group. I can use all the support I an get :)
  • TheDaintyArrow
    TheDaintyArrow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Ella, a 25 year old mommy to a almost 3 year old. I'm 5'1", currently at 254lbs and am hoping to be somewhere around 150/160 but my ultimate goal weight is 125/130 since I'm so short :p So glad I found this group! I've always struggled with weight but am tired of feeling like a frumpy SAHM. Ready for this!
  • Oliviashar10
    Oliviashar10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Olivia, I'm 27 years old and I'm 250 lbs. My goal weight is to get down to 140lbs. I started clean eating and kickboxing classes 3 weeks ago, so far I've lost 10 lbs. I joined this group for motivation because 100 lbs is a lot of weight to loss and this journey can get discouraging but I'm determined to meet my goal. I deserve to be happy and comfortable in the skin I'm in. We all do so let's do this!!!!!
  • beccafbailey566
    beccafbailey566 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am Rebecca and I am 41. I am the mother of five (two are out of the house) three kids still live at home ages 15, 12, and 9. I work outside of the home 32 hours a week and have a business that takes about 25 hours a week and I am back in college full time. 4 years a go I lost 100 plus, in one year. I returned from a year in Haiti and slowly over 3 years put the weight back on so I am right back were I started and I have had enough! So I currently weigh 300 lb and I want to get to 180 lb to start and go from there. 100 for 2016!
  • chienblanc6
    chienblanc6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am Erin and 46 years old. I am married and have a 15 and a 5 year old. I am ready to start and restart and restart and restart....as many times as it takes to live a healthy life. Feel free to friend me. The more the merrier. I will keep jumper cables handy for anyone who needs a restart along the way.