Meal planning...how?

Options
saggy76
saggy76 Posts: 4 Member
I know that EM2WL advises to eat 40% 30% 30%. so how did everybody make their meal plan based on that. I read that since protein is the most challenging macro to get in then we could plan the protein that we are going to eat and then the other macros will fall in place. But my question is what is 30% protein, 30% fats and 40% carbs in cups, grams and ounces? I haven't read anywhere on MFP or the EM2WL group on how to break the percentages down in to traditional measurements and how to make a meal plan. Thanx

Replies

• jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I dunno. Right now i am eating 1 gram of protein per gram of body weight. The rest just according to calories. It works itself out to roughly 40/30/30. I think kiki suggests working on only one thing at once so its not overwhelming. I'd hit those protein goals for a few weeks first.
  • saggy76
    saggy76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanx I appreciate your reply.
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Look online at the a scooby calculator. It can give you some direction

Protein 4 calories per gram
    Carb. 4 calories per gram
    Fat 9 calories per gram
    I also shoot for 25-30 grams fiber
    And maximum 75 grams sugar.

That will direct you to use carbs for whole grains fruit. Veggies mostly

Then just do the math. I weigh my food on a food scale. Grams and oz. Cups are often off by hundreds of calories at the end of the day.

Mine is 2400 calories
    Protein 150 x 4 =600 calories
    Fats. 80x 9 = 720
    (Solve the remainder by carbs).
    Carbs (remaining 1080 cal/4=270 grams carbs

Then when you cut, cut from carbs first then a bit of fat at. Keep protein the same always

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    The ratio is 9 - 7 - 3 for C - P - F in grams.
    That also happens to be 91 calories.

Don't need to be exact, but can usually get close enough that way even standing making up combos in the grocery store looking at nutrition labels.
    Like if you want about 400 cal lunch, that's 36 - 28 - 12, or tad over on one of those.

So you notice that Fat will be 1/3 the carbs, and a tad less than 1/2 the protein, protein is tad less than carbs.